MoI discussion forum
MoI discussion forum

Full Version: Nodebundle for playing with nodes

Show messages:  1  …  222-241  242-261  262-281  282-301  302-321  322-341  342-361  …  1842-1859

Thread Split: Some posts in this thread have been moved here

1 Feb 2017   [#282] In reply to [#281]
Hello Ced,
This is the mystical side of this forum:-)

It's mathematical Dadaism or surrealism, made by Gauss, Euler .... not Max Ernst.

Have a nice day
Karsten
1 Feb 2017   [#283] In reply to [#282]
My favorite topic here is the one labelled: METHFUSION - never a dull moment. Where do nodes go when they die?
1 Feb 2017   [#284] In reply to [#283]
It depends on their religion;-)
11 Feb 2017   [#285]
Hello Moi3D community, this is my first post here! I hope it is appropriate for me to tag on to this topic.

I have been a regular reader on the discussion forum, and am very grateful to everyone for being so generous with sharing knowledge and tools. I am a Graphic Designer by trade and love Moi3D to experiment in 3D as it seems so similar to other tools I use. My interests lie in Phyllotaxis, ever since studying Karl Blossfeldt's photography.

My question,

Would it be possible to translate the attached, into a customisable NodeBundle for outputting points? I have tried my best to translate something myself, but alas my inexperience is limiting.

I found the example from the excellent post by Christopher Carlson on the Wolfram Blog, http://blog.wolfram.com/2011/07/28/how-i-made-wine-glasses-from-sunflowers/

Thank you so much for the great tool Max, and thank you for the amazing builds and mods since developed.
Thank you in advance for any help or pointers, Christian

If you are interested in some of my Moi3D experiments, here is my Instagram https://www.instagram.com/christianbirdnyc/

Image Attachments:
ChristopherCarlonWolframBlogSunflowerPattern.png 

11 Feb 2017   [#286]
Any contact with the Fermat Fibonacci Flower?
http://moi3d.com/forum/index.php?webtag=MOI&msg=7356.11

11 Feb 2017   [#287] In reply to [#286]
Hi Pilou, I hope this message finds you well!

Thank you very much for replying to my question.

The Fermat script is indeed a perfect match, but I am hoping to further manipulate the points within NodeBundle and to have greater control over the process, with the opportunity to add objects to each point.

Where I became stuck with NodeBundle was attempting to create a point array, I have the underlying math which I can apply to 1 x point, but I was unable to figure a way to generate multiple points, or apply the rotation and distance to the n'th point in a defined range.

Thanks so much,

Christian
11 Feb 2017   [#288] In reply to [#285]
Hi Christian, welcome to the MoI forum!

I'm not familiar enough with the node editor myself to set that up for you but hopefully someone else will help you with it.

- Michael
11 Feb 2017   [#289]
Michael,
Why not arrange a WEBINAR of sorts - even for making NODES?!

Webinar's are interesting where we can all input to the online action - and learn new 'tips & tricks'.

What do you say?
Cheers,
Charles daVinci

Image Attachments:
ShenZen-023sm.png 

12 Feb 2017   [#290] In reply to [#289]
Hi Ced, it's not a bad idea but I'm not familiar with running webinars right now, so it's not something that I would do. If you'd like to set one up then certainly go ahead!

The forum right here is already a good spot to share information and tips & tricks though.

- Michael
12 Feb 2017   [#291] In reply to [#285]
Hello Christian,

please try the attached file as a starting point for your experiments.

Have a nice day
Karsten

Attachments:
phylloPts.nod

Image Attachments:
phylloPts.png 

12 Feb 2017   [#292]
Fascinating!

Did you know 'node' is synonymous with 'knob'?

I've PUT-OFF installing these quirky NODES for a month now - trepidation I'll ruin my beautiful mod-Moi configuration.

The possibilities with nodes! Next: Is it possible to have them 'Flow on Surface?' YIKES!
Cheers,
Horacio Aguascalientes

Image Attachments:
ShenZen_sm.png 

12 Feb 2017   [#293]
Does this last Node's file works with the official Max Elephant or with the modified one ? (or both) ?
Sure I can test it but... :)
12 Feb 2017   [#294] In reply to [#293]
Hello Pilou,
the modified one;-) caused by shiftDublicate, but it's possible to replace it by interp here :-) to work with the core version.
Have a nice day
Karsten
12 Feb 2017   [#295] In reply to [#292]
Hello Ced,

your mod-UI is independent from the nodeeditor installation, so you don't have to fear about that.
And someone called Gates told us: "Allways have a backup"

By the way, a very untested flow node is present in the modified version:-)
(I hope I get you right)

Have a nice day (from far far away)
Karsten
12 Feb 2017   [#296]
Yeah! I have ORGANIC surfaces, which, if the ARRAY, pattern & Fibonnaci nodes 'FLOW ON SURFACE' would make my dreams come true! I've been trying to make textures & patterns generate in matrix & double reverse matrix with SLIDER SIZING - to seamlessly FIT & WRAP.

That way I can take a sunflower head - a flat one, and flow it onto a complex network curve or lofted surface -

I'm almost caved-in to buy 3d Coat!
Thanks,
M C Humperdinck
12 Feb 2017   [#297]
Dear Karsten

Thank you so much for your generous time in helping me learn more about Nodebundle and for the well-described .nod file. I appreciate your help, especially given I am new around here!

Thank you, Michael, for your note, thanks for making all this possible

Enjoy the rest of your weekend,
Christian
12 Feb 2017   [#298]
I wanted to share a little update, I have been playing with the file Karsten kindly created all afternoon, and found that I was able to begin adjusting the Z-coordinates on a hemisphere. I hope to eventually space the points successfully to a sphere, or other surfaces.

Image Attachments:
phylloPts-withZ.png 

12 Feb 2017   [#299]
Exactly! That's exactly right: Flow to Surface!

To add sliders - or input values into a box would be ideal - what that would do is take Moi3d to a whole new level of parametric - terrazzo modeling which is piss-poor in Rhino!

There are other tools e.g., Armadillo & parametric tools, however they aren't nearly as intuitive as Moi's NODE functionality.

I'm looking into the adding a webinar functionality to this 'Behive Forum' which is without live video broadcast capabilities - sadly.

If possible I may setup a live cam forum for brainstorming & sharing scripts, shortcut keys & nodes, as well as cool tips & tricks within - is this something that the inmates of this auxiliary lunatic asylum would be interested in - participating?

Perhaps, with those added tools increasing the functionality of the foundation Michael has built, together we could add-on creative branches which would take Moi3d in a direction which would carve out a soft 'pattern parametric array glow in surface terrazzo' object - that compliments hard edged CAD.

I may be off topic - if so - I'll begin a new post on this subject: webinars
Cheers,
Bill Gore
13 Feb 2017   [#300]
Hi Friends
It was a long time that I wanted
ask,
I take this opportunity with the post of
Christian ....
It would be nice to have a Voronoi Node
am looking forward to
Have a nice day to all
al
23 Feb 2017   [#301]
Hi Friends
The Elephant goes on.......
I want to share with you
some tests on creating connections
using the tool Subd-
Have a nice day to all
link;
http://www.mediafire.com/file/8ky2awu5amv991v/CP_Joint.rar
best
al

Show messages:  1  …  222-241  242-261  262-281  282-301  302-321  322-341  342-361  …  1842-1859