MoI discussion forum
MoI discussion forum

Full Version: Nodebundle for playing with nodes

Show messages:  1-11  …  1212-1231  1232-1251  1252-1271  1272-1291  1292-1311  1312-1331  1332-1351  …  1852-1859

Thread Split: Some posts in this thread have been moved here

13 Nov 2018   [#1272] In reply to [#1271]
Hello James,

I'm not sure which way is the best, but a RGB input would create a lot of styles or you have to create and delete again and again. I made a while ago a function for coloring vectors and for the curvature analysis, that create some kind of rainbow styles. It uses sigmoid functions to calculate the RGB parts for blending the colors. It's not perfect, but short code:-) I've included it in the SetStyle-node. So you can put a value between 0 and 254 to choose a color. The node is now multiprocessing the input objects. It's a proposal. Maybe we will find a better solution later.

code:
    // SetStyle
 function SetStyle()
 {
 this.addInput("obj","objectlist");
 this.addInput("idx","numarray");

this.addOutput("Out","objectlist");
	  this.properties = {/*mode: ["Long", "Long", "Short"],*/Style: [0]};
 }

SetStyle.title = "SetStyle";
 SetStyle.desc = "SetStyle";
    SetStyle.prototype.onAdded = function (){this.rbID = createRainbow();}
 SetStyle.prototype.onExecute = function()
 {
            var data = this.processInOut("Long" /*this.properties.mode[0]*/, this.multiProcess, null, this.properties.Style);
            this.properties.Style = data.inputs[1];
            this.setOutputData(0, data.outputs[0]);

};

SetStyle.prototype.multiProcess = function (obj, style)
    {
        var out = [];
        obj.setProperty('styleIndex', this.rbID[style]);
        out[0]=obj;
        return out;
    };

LiteGraph.registerNodeType("Objects2/SetStyle", SetStyle);

Have a nice day
Karsten

Attachments:
colorset.nod

13 Nov 2018   [#1273] In reply to [#1272]
Thanks Karsten,

>> It's not perfect, but short code:-) <<

No, this really is an elegant solution, and yes the code is amazingly compact.
Is "createRainbow()" a function you wrote for colouring vectors, that you are calling here?
Clever!

>> It's a proposal. Maybe we will find a better solution later. <<

It is true that control of colour spectrum it limited, however there is a lot of ways to manipulate
the output: varying the range input into reRange node and reMapper widget as well as shifting vales with addition/subtraction etc.

Thanks again Karsten, it's brilliant
I'm so grateful for your skills and efforts,
James

PS I have attached here objects2.js with new node to replace existing in extensions folder, for anyone who may be interested.

Image Attachments:
colorset.jpg 

14 Nov 2018   [#1274] In reply to [#1273]
Hello James,

the result looks great. And yes, the function is to create styles for vectors and the curvature analysis. You can find it in the basicfunctions.js. It returns an array of the indices of the created styles.

Have a nice day
Karsten

Image Attachments:
sigmoid-xlsx.png 

14 Nov 2018   [#1275]
Hello Friends
I want to share this work with you;
the Leonardo's Bridge, perhaps one of the first examples of autoparting bridge in History_
How many interested people find images and files at this link:
http://www.mediafire.com/file/2hv5r5rp9wi5w93/Lonardo%2527sBridge.zip/file
Have a nice evening all
alberto

Ps-Good shot Karsten....
SetStyle is wonderful-
14 Nov 2018   [#1276] In reply to [#1274]
Hi Karsten,

Thank you for posting "sigmoid-xlsx.png", it helped tremendously in comprehending how the indexed colour spectrum is computed, but also hints at future development of the node. Imagine the inclusion of an RGB input on the node fed with 3 concatenated reMapper widgets with 3 different wave forms for each colour range. The widget needs further development to do this, and perhaps in the future it could even have an additional RGB mode where 3 graph curve appear together on widget interface similar to your image. In this way any conceivable spectrum would be possible. Nevertheless, setStyle node is fine the way it is; for now.

Also........and let me start by saying that this is just an enquiry, not a request for action:

Is it possible for extractPoints nodes to be multiprocessing? By that I mean, is it possible for it to treat closed curves discretely?

The attached image contains 5 n-gons of varied side length from which points are extracted to define a closed curve shown in red. Desirably however the result should be as shown in blue outputs.

I have included mPathArray approach (shown in green) by way of comparison, though, of course, only works appropriately if polys are equilateral and with similar number of sides, which is not the case here. Hence, x-length, y-length & z-length cannot be used to group points.

Is there even a way of handling groups of points of unequal number?

Please let me know,
And let me reiterate, this is just a question not a request....
you have done so much for me of late, my friend,
James

Image Attachments:
m_ExtractPts.gif 

19 Nov 2018   [#1277]
Hello Friends
interested parties find this link:
http://www.mediafire.com/file/bbg0q14cd9ev5rg/02-09-CubicFrameMod-Remapper_andSet_Style.zip/file
an exercise of manipulation some cubes arranged on a grid,
using Remapper and SetStyle.
I hope you enjoy it.
Have a nice evenig all
al
23 Nov 2018   [#1278]
Hi All,

Here's an architectural screen that transitions between circular and petal shaped holes.

Have a great weekend
James

Image Attachments:
cloverScreen.gif 

23 Nov 2018   [#1279] In reply to [#1278]
Hello Al, Hello James,

always a pleasure to see your creations!

A nice weekend to all
Karsten
23 Nov 2018   [#1280] In reply to [#1278]
Wonderful! Very elegant!
23 Nov 2018   [#1281] In reply to [#1278]
Hi James, that one has a very particularly pleasing shape transition.

- Michael
23 Nov 2018   [#1282] In reply to [#1281]
Thank you Michael, Marco & Karsten,

here is animated pattern I'm working on

Have a great weekend
James

May take a little while to fully download before playing

Image Attachments:
triPattern.gif 

24 Nov 2018   [#1283]
Smart Escher pattern! :)
24 Nov 2018   [#1284] In reply to [#1282]
You rock!!!
24 Nov 2018   [#1285] In reply to [#1284]
Hi All,

For pattern to respond appropriately to an attractor, each side of 6 sided shape needs to have independent curvature necessitating rebuilding node circuit. Please find attached

And thanks Macro. Your appreciation is always appreciated

The best to all & all the best
James

Image Attachments:
triPatternAttractor.gif 

29 Nov 2018   [#1286]
Hi All,

I have posted flows to triangular facets before, but it continues to interest me.

There are a few tricks to get it to work: principally that the base and target triangles need to be lofts rather than planar fills. (If planar fills the flows will be to trimmed surfaces within triangles).

Obviously, this is a lot of messing around compared to quad flows, but the beauty of triangles, of course is that they are alway planar, which can't be guaranteed with quads.

See attached
James

Attachments:
expMeshFlow.nod

Image Attachments:
expMeshFlow.gif 

29 Nov 2018   [#1287]
And easily articulated! :)
29 Nov 2018   [#1288] In reply to [#1287]
Hi Pilou,

FYI I have posted to instagram a series of images to show node circuitry for generating the model.
Instagram's ability to slide multiple images, appearing as a single long image, is an elegant way of displaying process IMHO.

See most recent posting
https://www.instagram.com/nodeology/

I have set up account with strategic hashtagging to see if I can drive new users to Moi3d.
My ulterior motive is to encourage the further development of nodeEditor, by enticing new users with the promise of Moi's parametric capabilities with visual programming.

I'm hoping that students interested in parametric modelling with lots of time but little money, may investigate Moi as an alternative to more expensive solutions.

Moi already offers an intuitive approach to NURBs modelling & this coupled with the ability to visual program complex forms is the double whammy; the old one, two: knockout punch!

Followers briefly edged into triple figures before dropping again below.

James
29 Nov 2018   [#1289] In reply to [#1288]
Excellent idea and so appealing site!
(i have put the link on my Node part site ;) http://moiscript.weebly.com/elephant-systegraveme-nodal.html
As you can see I am a little late... but i am waiting the new V4 for make some updates! :)

Cool lamps design!
30 Nov 2018   [#1290] In reply to [#1286]
Wonderful creations!!

It's very impressive what you were able to do in this 2018!!!

Thank you very much James.
30 Nov 2018   [#1291] In reply to [#1288]
I just joined your IG channel :)

Show messages:  1-11  …  1212-1231  1232-1251  1252-1271  1272-1291  1292-1311  1312-1331  1332-1351  …  1852-1859