MoI discussion forum
MoI discussion forum

Full Version: MoI 3D - Dark UI

Show messages:  1-10  11-21

24 Apr 2016   [#11]
Hi Samuel,

Thanks for the update !
15 Mar 2017   [#12] In reply to [#1]
this is great thanks for sharing mate :)
5 Dec 2018   [#13]

My favorite MoI UI theme by far...

I wish there was a version for the new MoI 4 :(

3 Nov 2019   [#14]
Hi,

This is by far my favorite MoI theme. What would it take to update it for v4?

Thanks
5 Nov 2019   [#15] In reply to [#14]
Hi,

there is another dark UI by user Cody, I work with it at pleasure. He is supposed to update it soon for the latest October Beta. Try that as an alternative. Look for dark grey UI here to find the link.

Cheers,

Axel
4 Dec 2019   [#16]
@Axel : Username search for "Cody" doesn't seem to bring up anything, and a search for the topic of "dark grey ui" doesn't bring up anything related to v4 either. Please provide a link to the thread/post you are referring to. Thanks !

@Jason : It seems like the main component of this UI edit is the moi.css file from the original zip download. So if you just get that and place it into the ui folder of the beta it will at the very least change the bright blue interface to grey.

As for icons : it seems like the ones in the zip are the orignal, unedited ones (dark lines) so I suppose that the Dark Theme for V3 inverts them dynamically ... maybe ? Only a few need editing anyways and that's trivial to do.
10 Dec 2019   [#17] In reply to [#16]
Hi,

you please look here:

http://moi3d.com/forum/messages.php?webtag=MOI&msg=9242.1

Unfortunately not updated to the latest v4 beta.

Best regards,

Axel
10 Dec 2019   [#18]
I see, thanks !

Well, tbh the dark and yellow UI from that Cody thread is ... kind of garish, somehow ? Simply using the css from the earlier post is way more elegant imho. And that does work well in V4beta, as confirmed in the screenshot below.

Also, and that's of course a very personal opinion : ungrouping the rollouts into individual buttons makes the UI/UX quite a bit more relaxing as well, as it makes the process of grabbing a given tool way less fidgety - everything is just a scroll flick away. Just a matter of doing some editing inside Sidepane.htm.

It's all remarkably flexible. Fun stuff.

Image Attachments:
2019-12-11 04_16_14-NVIDIA GeForce Overlay.png 

Message 7534.19 was deleted

13 Dec 2019   [#20] In reply to [#18]
Hi,

is that also for the latest beta of v4 with the new dimension tabs?

It's all a matter of personal taste. I was just looking for something dark because it's simply better for (my) eyes instead of starring on something bright. The Cody's one I really liked. The one below is also good. I think the very first from the topic opener was for Mac only?

Cheers,
Axel
13 Dec 2019   [#21] In reply to [#20]
Well, if I am not mistaken as far as the colors are concerned the only thing that matters is the .css file, you can ignore everything else in the zip. The OS doesn't matter - replace the moi.css file from your installation with it and see if that works. It sure did for me on Win.

And then from there you can selectively chose what you want to override (probably a handful of icons, but that's about it), and also doing some editing in the .ini (and/or the regular options menu in the application itself) for things like bgcolor and antialising.

Show messages:  1-10  11-21