MoI discussion forum
MoI discussion forum

Full Version: Dimension tool (as in sketchup)

Show messages:  1-9  10-29  30-49  50-69  70-89  90-109  110-129  130-138

9 Jul 2015   [#70] In reply to [#69]
Cool but how it's work ? :)
I see a new Type 6 but...
9 Jul 2015   [#71] In reply to [#70]
Use Arrow type 6 and press the CTRL key whilst clicking on the corner point.

Martin.
9 Jul 2015   [#72] In reply to [#71]
Must be another thing because that dimension length not angle! ;)

Ah I have found! You must disable Units! :)

Ps Does it be possible to dimension a curve ?
(maybe in connexion with CurveLengthBeingDrawn ?
or CurveLength?

script: /* Show CurveLengthBeingDrawn */ try { moi.ui.commandUI.setInterval( 'var crvs = moi.geometryDatabase.getObjects().getCurves(); var len = 0.0; if ( crvs.length > 0 ) { len = crvs.item(crvs.length-1).getLength(); } if ( !window["_crvdistlabel"] ) { document.body.insertAdjacentHTML( "beforeEnd", "
" ); } _crvdistlabel.innerText = len.toFixed(4);', 250 ); } catch(e) {}

script:/* Calculate length of selected curves and copy to the clipboard as text */ var crvs = moi.geometryDatabase.getSelectedObjects().getCurves(); var len = 0.0; for ( var i = 0; i < crvs.length; ++i ) len += crvs.item(i).getLength(); moi.copyTextToClipboard( len );

Something like this but with the Arrowline following the curve! :)

French version! :) http://moiscript.weebly.com/cotations.html

Pss We can't dimension an arc circle >180° !

9 Jul 2015   [#73]
Great job Max, Thanks!
-Yuan

Image Attachments:
Dimensions_01.png 

10 Jul 2015   [#74]
Hi Max,

angle measurements is excellent feature!

Thank you very much.

I've adjusted slightly the function of Arrow type 5. In new version the length of line is controlled by text length, see bellow please.

Old version:

New version:

I've increased the Scale value to 100 as well, because 40 was not sufficient for bigger models.

Thanks again for perfect script.

Mik

Attachments:
Dimensions.v.0.95.2015.07.10.zip

Image Attachments:
Arrow type 5 new.gif  Arrow type 5 old.gif 

10 Jul 2015   [#75] In reply to [#74]
Hi Mik

About length of line...

Since version 0.9.2015.07.06 you need to use the new Mode (with CTRL) with arrows 4 and 5

please take a look at the post of Max ( 4 jul 2015 )

same thing with mode 6

clic on the picture below to see my example .

Chri

Image Attachments:
Mik.gif 

10 Jul 2015   [#76] In reply to [#75]
hi

Small change in the script _Dimensions.htm to increase decimal
( SUBSTITUTE 0 BY 2 IN THE SCRIPT )

clic on the picture below to see my example .

Chri

Image Attachments:
1 before.png  2 after.png  3 file.png 

10 Jul 2015   [#77]
Hi Chri,

thank you for post.

Length of dimension line in my first version of Arrow type 5 was controlled by distance between "first click" and "second click". No problem with it when you use it for radius length which is larger than text length. The problem appears typically if Scale value is high and radius small, scale value 40 + radius 1 mm for instance, contrariwise with large radius (100 mm) the length of dimension line is 100 mm as well and it's uselessly long. Please see picture "Old version" in my previous post for example.

In new version you can use the maximal Scale value + minimal or large radius and the length of the line will be a bit longer than text length, exactly 2x longer than arrow length :)

Mik
12 Jul 2015   [#78] In reply to [#77]
Hi Mik,

unfortunatelly your last changes broke type 5 in the circular mode. I can't accept it. I think it will be better if you create a fork of my script using your identification instead of continuing version numeration of my script. For example: v.0.95mik.
12 Jul 2015   [#79] In reply to [#78]
hi MAX

Very great job !

What do you think about this new add :
by picking 3 points and use * comment , draw a comment on the last entitie of a broken line .

Chri

Image Attachments:
ADD COMMENT ON A 3 PICK LINES.gif 

12 Jul 2015   [#80] In reply to [#79]
May be ...

text instead of code

Chri

Image Attachments:
text instead of code.png 

12 Jul 2015   [#81]
While this is a very well written and useful script for now, I really hope there will be a real dimension element in the future, something that when exported in dxf can be recognized by other software (such as rhino or AutoCAD). This one is a really good idea about the approach it could have, I like the "what you see is what you get".
M.
12 Jul 2015   [#82] In reply to [#81]
While this is a very well written and useful script for now, I really hope there will be a real dimension element in the future, something that when exported in dxf can be recognized by other software (such as rhino or AutoCAD). This one is a really good idea about the approach it could have, I like the "what you see is what you get".
M.

---------------------------------------
Hi wastzzz

I agree with you .
You can also note that actualy , measurement is also not interactive with drawing change ...
but this script of Max is already a magnificent improvement !

Best regards

Chri from france

Image Attachments:
1.gif 

12 Jul 2015   [#83]
And if you want an another Scale Cursor number ! ;)
From here http://moi3d.com/forum/index.php?webtag=MOI&msg=7492.4

<< you can edit the .htm file and change the range values for the slider to make it permamently go between 0 and 20 or similar.

Open the file in a text editor and find the moi:Slider element in there, the ranges are set by the values min="" mid="" and max="" or similar.

If you set them to min="0.0" mid="100.0" max="20.0" then your slider will go between 0 and 20.
12 Jul 2015   [#84]
v.0.97

Select line/curve/edge and then run the script ;)

12 Jul 2015   [#85] In reply to [#84]
Seems terrific! Bravo! :)
Works like a charm!
And with your _patternselection we can make some Dash curves! ;)
http://moi3d.com/forum/index.php?webtag=MOI&msg=6518.11

maybe an automatic dashed Lines / Curves dimensions ?

French Version http://moiscript.weebly.com/cotations.html
12 Jul 2015   [#86] In reply to [#78]
Hi Max,

>unfortunatelly your last changes broke type 5 in the circular mode.

May I kindly ask you what do you mean? It seems to me that type 5 works in same way in version 0.94 as well as 0.95. I noticed only that the type 5 works a bit different in non circular mode in comparison to circular mode - second click cannot be done in centre of radius, but if the second click is done inside of circle the dimension is correct. The last change is concerning only dimension line length and Scale range, because I didn't like uselessly long dimension line with large radius.

Regarding numeration... I have absolute zero experiences with script writing as I mentioned in some of my previous post; therefore numeration is new for me as well. I've tried only adjust your script for my usage only and because I wanted to share it here in the forum I used continuing numeration in order to differentiate my interference. Sorry for my unfamiliarity with that, but if you mean that such adjusting doesn't correspond to your concept please correct it or delete it, because I have no ambition to use any my identification in your script. I wouldn't take the liberty of doing this at all, because I strongly respect for your work :-)

Kind regards,

Mik

Image Attachments:
Arrow type 5 new circular mode.gif 

12 Jul 2015   [#87] In reply to [#86]
Hi Max,

I know already what you meant :-)

The misunderstanding was based on my "BC" usage of type 4 and 5. I used for outer radius type 5, but in circular mode it make sense to use type 4 now, exactly as Chri posted in 7403.75.

var "BC" = "before circular mode" :-)

Mik
14 Jul 2015   [#88] In reply to [#84]
hi Max

in french : BRAVO monsieur SMIRNOV , vous etes un grand monsieur !

Many thanks MAX , you are great ! - Максим, спасибо

Chri

14 Jul 2015   [#89] In reply to [#88]

Image Attachments:
thanks to Max SMIRNOV.png 

Show messages:  1-9  10-29  30-49  50-69  70-89  90-109  110-129  130-138