MoI discussion forum
MoI discussion forum

Full Version: V4 Wish List

Show messages:  1-13  14-33  34-53  54-73  74-93  94-113  …  574

9 Jun 2016   [#34] In reply to [#33]
Hi Michael,

> This is illustrated and explained in more detail in this FAQ answer:
> http://moi3d.com/wiki/FAQ#Q:_Why_does_show_points_work_for_some_objects_but_not_others.3F

Really i cannot tell you how much i wish to thank you for this clarifying explanations !!

> a solid can only have control points turned on if each surface in the solid are "naturally trimmed",
> which means the trimming boundary corresponds to the boundary of the "underlying surface",
> and each of those underlying surfaces has the same control point structure at their common edges.

So, if i understand correctly, it's like saying that the "solid control points editing" it is only possible
on objects that are made by UNTRIMMED surfaces only.

Is it right ? I hope so.

Nice night,

Marco (mkdm).
9 Jun 2016   [#35] In reply to [#34]
Hi Marco,

> So, if i understand correctly, it's like saying that the "solid control points editing" it is only possible
> on objects that are made by UNTRIMMED surfaces only.

Yes, that's correct.

- Michael
9 Jun 2016   [#36] In reply to [#35]
Ok. Thank you!

Ciao!

Marco (mkdm).
11 Jun 2016   [#37]
"- Record the position of a 3D camera view and be able to find or copy it to another file."

Is there a way to do this now via scripting?

I need something like this now. I'm generating drawings using the Adobe Illustrator export feature. Really great feature by the way!

I have models in different 3dm files. It is next to impossible to have each drawing keep a consistent zoom, orientation & perspective without a way to "save" the 3D Camera vector.
11 Jun 2016   [#38] In reply to [#37]
Hi Lavellotron, yes it is possible to get the location of a camera view by scripting currently, check out here:
http://moi3d.com/forum/index.php?webtag=MOI&msg=5981.2

- Michael
12 Jun 2016   [#39]
Hello Michael,

Can be cool to have a bridge to Keyshot?
The bewel tool can be better....

Love this app a lot !

Thank you again !

Nicolas
12 Jun 2016   [#40] In reply to [#39]
Hi Nicholas, there are so many different rendering programs out there that it's not very feasible for me to work on specialized connections to every single one, it would just take me too much time. In general I'm much more focused on trying to support standard file formats well.

But in the future when I have a more extensive SDK, you could then ask Keyshot if they would work on a bridge type feature.

- Michael
16 Jun 2016   [#41]
I would like to add my support for native dimensioning and notation. No disrespect for Max's script which has been very helpful, but MOI deserves a fully integrated approach to communicating with clients. For me, that means a robust and flexible notation environment that can be exported to Illustrator as editable paths without a clunky background image. I realize that a background image may be needed to support model shading but I would like to see MOI's notation capabilities implemented in the same manner as its curves. For me, the most significant improvements in MOI will be those that help me communicate with my clients and production teams. And... by the way... thanks for this software.
18 Jun 2016   [#42] In reply to [#41]
+1 for that.
I also have the need to communicate with clients thus annotation tools are essential.. Also, a block\instance system would make everyone's life easier.
18 Jun 2016   [#43]
Do we know when v4 will be released? :)
I would like to have an option for dark UI and new icon ;)))
I could design one for free :P
18 Jun 2016   [#44]
A more Robust Fillet Engine.
Outliner for organization.
Parenting with nulls

Subdivision support like with polygons and being able to toggle subdivison level. Will help with more organic possibilities.
18 Jun 2016   [#45]
I have currently only one wish, which is VRML (.wrl) export for 3D color prints, to avoid importing into Blender and preparing the model(s) there, for export.

Regards
Stefan
18 Jun 2016   [#46] In reply to [#43]
Hi ptaszek,

> Do we know when v4 will be released? :)

Sorry no, there isn't any specific release date set yet.

- Michael
19 Jun 2016   [#47]
I know its not entirely v4 related but what about a forum overhaul?
19 Jun 2016   [#48]
I don't know if this was already mentioned, but I'd love to see a kind of "fillet to maximum" option in the filleting settings. You know, you have to fiddle sometimes to make a fillet as big as possible until MoI says "calculation failed". I'd like MoI to do this for me and fillet to the maximum distance that's possible for that certain set of edges.
19 Jun 2016   [#49] In reply to [#47]
Hi Jacob,

> I know its not entirely v4 related but what about a forum overhaul?

I will be doing a web site overhaul here at some point but probably not until v4 is further along.

The forum will probably get some cosmetic tweaks at that time, but functionally it's working quite well and so I don't expect to have any major changes in how it actually works.

- Michael
19 Jun 2016   [#50] In reply to [#48]
Hi 3image,

> but I'd love to see a kind of "fillet to maximum" option in the filleting settings.

Unfortunately that's a quite difficult thing to calculate and there isn't anything set up for that in the geometry library.

- Michael
20 Jun 2016   [#51]
Hello to All...

I don't know if it is even plausible... but a multi-segment marquee selection tool might be useful in some situations.
Over all, I'd say that MOI3D is my favorite software of all time, and certainly the forum community too.
20 Jun 2016   [#52]
FWIW, Thoughts and wishes...

Here are my 'like to haves' for V4:
  1. Groups
  2. Instancing of Groups
  3. Better Filleting and Shelling
  4. History: Nice if parametric but can be as simple as saving UNDO cache XXX number of UNDOs
  5. If not fixed in 64 bit: Support for better 'picture' taking (currently crashes when taking 4K pics)
  6. Support for transparent 'Styles'
  7. Cloud library for user generated 'doohickies'
  8. "Read my mind" mode

20 Jul 2016   [#53] In reply to [#52]
Might be a good idea to have a poll for everyone to be able to vote on their favorite features from the "V4 Wish List(s)".
So that Michael can get a better overview.

Also my own wish for the next version is improved selections. MODO is very good at selections, perhaps draw some inspiration from there.

Show messages:  1-13  14-33  34-53  54-73  74-93  94-113  …  574