MoI discussion forum
MoI discussion forum

Full Version: V4 Wish List

Show messages:  1-4  …  265-284  285-304  305-324  325-344  345-364  365-384  385-404  …  565-574

7 Nov 2017   [#325] In reply to [#324]
11 November ...

Armistice 1918 ? ;>)
7 Nov 2017   [#326] In reply to [#325]
11.11.2017 begin of "Fasching (Fastnacht,Karneval)" so i expect V4 at exactly at 11.11 o'clock!

<;-)
7 Nov 2017   [#327]
Michael,

Not sure if asked before, but will the UI CSS stay the same or will there be changes?
7 Nov 2017   [#328] In reply to [#327]
Hi Chipp, there are a few changes like there's a new class for controlling the borders of flyout menus rather than that coming from a bitmap image, and flexbox layouts are now done using the newer style standardized flexbox instead of the deprecated webkit-specific flexbox. So some css property names for flexbox properties are different.

Most of it is the same, there's like 50 lines different out of 1000. I've attached the CSS files here if you want to diff them to see the differences.

- Michael

Attachments:
moi_v3.css
moi_v4.css

8 Nov 2017   [#329] In reply to [#328]
Hi Michael!

@You : "...moi_v4.css..."

This is the very first public "piece" of the V4 !

:)
8 Nov 2017   [#330]
Hi!

This is a quick and only "visual" check of the difference between V3 and V4 css.

The video : http://take.ms/w6ct3

Ciao!
10 Nov 2017   [#331]
Hello Michael!

Just a "quick and dirt" question...

Maybe there's a little chance that soon I can get my hands on the wanderful iPad Pro 12.9 second generation with Apple Pencil,
a true "piece of cake" for digital artists/enthusiasts.

Is there any chance to see Moi running on iOs 11/iPad Pro ?

Thanks and have a nice day.

Marco (mkdm)
10 Nov 2017   [#332] In reply to [#331]
Hi Marco, sorry no I don't have any plans currently to do an iOS port, it's a fairly different system and that makes various complications such as not all the libraries that MoI uses have an ARM binary available.

Just supporting 2 operating systems has pretty much pushed me to the limit as it is.

You might want to check out Shapr3D, it's an interesting design program that does run on iPad Pro.

- Michael
10 Nov 2017   [#333] In reply to [#332]
Thanks Michael for the suggestion of Shapr3D.

I didn't know it.

Ciao!
10 Nov 2017   [#334]
Ok, well I've got the shaded surface display fully functional now. The line/curve drawing looks pretty gross though, I think just a couple of days to get that at least partially tuned up so it's not too distracting and then the first v4 beta will be ready.

- Michael
10 Nov 2017   [#335] In reply to [#333]
Marco,

I can tell you, that shapr3d is great fun. It is not without it's idiosyncrasies and missing functionality, but modelling on an iPadpro with stylus ("pencil") is a real joy.

In terms of moi3d, it is possible to use the iPad as a second screen with duet,
so laptop screen is fully devoted to Nodeeditor while viewport is assigned to iPad.

And with another soft: Astropad, the iPad Pro can be transformed into a pseudo wacom cintiq.

Further....there is a raft of graphic programs built for iPadPro. I can't made any recommendations, as I have not made use of any to date, but I would be interested in your opinion of them.

Have a great weekend
James
10 Nov 2017   [#336] In reply to [#334]
@You : "...Ok, well I've got the shaded surface display fully functional now..."

Michael....you rock!!

Take your time to build a very good first release!

I'm confident you're doing so :)

Ciao!
10 Nov 2017   [#337] In reply to [#335]
Hi James.

Thanks a lot for your sharing! Much appreciated.

Well...I hope ASAP to get my hands on the 12.9 second generation iPad Pro because IMHO,
actually, is simply the "state of the art" device for the greatest mobile (and not only) digital painting experience.

@You : "...In terms of moi3d, it is possible to use the iPad as a second screen with duet,
so laptop screen is fully devoted to Nodeeditor while viewport is assigned to iPad.
And with another soft: Astropad, the iPad Pro can be transformed into a pseudo wacom cintiq."

Thanks for the tip, but I don't own any Mac pc/laptop....only Windows machines.

@You : "...Further....there is a raft of graphic programs built for iPadPro..."

Which is this program you are referring to ?

@You : "...but I would be interested in your opinion of them...."

Certainly, As soon as I get the iPap Pro 12.9 I will let you know my user experience with it!

Thanks.

Marco (mkdm)
10 Nov 2017   [#338] In reply to [#337]
Hi Marco

<< I don't own any Mac pc/laptop....only Windows machines>>

Astropad will only pair with a mac, but Duet Display will work with
a PC desktop. It just may be less needed than for a laptop.

<<Which is this program you are referring to ?>>

Some worth considering are as follows:

• Affinity photo
• Concepts
• Procreate
• Graphic https://appsto.re/de/bM8Pv.i
• iDesign
• Protosketch
• Pixelmator https://appsto.re/gb/lUBh3.i
• Umake

Have a look at youtube video reviews
and when you get iPadPro, download trials
and have a play around...

And have fun!
James
10 Nov 2017   [#339] In reply to [#338]
Hi James!

Thanks a lot for the detailed info :)

Wow...amazing! I didn't know that Duet can just might work with a PC.
Wanderful!!!

Affinity Photo and Procreate...two super wanderful products! State of the art software, like Moi!

I can't wait to see myself in action with my next iPad Pro :)

Now I don't want to write here to much things about this matter because this thread is called "V4 Wish List"....

Thanks again for your suggestions.

Ciao!
11 Nov 2017   [#340] In reply to [#46]
From another direction... how long has V4 been in the works? Got it a few months back and just haven't had the time to dive back in to using it.. other projects.
11 Nov 2017   [#341] In reply to [#340]
Hi Moriturimax, I've been working on v4 for 2 and a half years so far, it's taken a lot longer than I had originally hoped it would. But it sets a better foundation for going forward especially for the Mac version.

- Michael
12 Nov 2017   [#342]
Ok, curve display almost fully implemented, just dash/dot patterns left! I'll see if I can just finish that up and I should be able to do the first release tomorrow.

- Michael
12 Nov 2017   [#343] In reply to [#342]
I for one is looking very much to seeing the release. I just love this app!
12 Nov 2017   [#344]
Whoop Whoop Whoop!!

Show messages:  1-4  …  265-284  285-304  305-324  325-344  345-364  365-384  385-404  …  565-574