MoI discussion forum
MoI discussion forum

Full Version: V4 Wish List

Show messages:  1  2-21  22-41  42-61  62-81  …  562-574

21 Sep 2014   [#2]
Just some suggestions:

- Enhanced Blend bulge control... individual bulge controls for beginning, end, and inserted control shape-points, as well as control for each side of the bulge
- Cage editing (warping) which would allow for more free-form shaping and shearing. (especially shearing!)
- Logical Grouping... at least an attribute that would claim objects to be owned by a group for easy selection.
- Duplicate objects, or objects created as a result of Flow (or any other process) could carry object names with an iteration number added so that selection would be easier.
- Could someone here write a script that could store and retrieve camera/view attributes? (I'm finding this more needed for work where I need to manipulate 3D type)

Great work Michael! Thank you for listening and being there for us users. You've gone above and beyond to provide us with this praise-worthy program.

I can't wait to purchase the upgrade!
21 Sep 2014   [#3] In reply to [#2]
Well I would like to see more interoperation with Rhino5. Yes sorry, but my clients and colleges like it.
- So Blocks and Instances (also in .stp) could be handy.
- Layers and colors.
- more control over what is in the scene.. trash it out and such.
- that said I also do imports and .stp import could need a speed up.
- for export I wish 64bit support in OsX, or a way to split files up, so everytime memory limit is close, just finish that part and create another OBJ.. easy?

I second the wish for better fillet tools.
21 Sep 2014   [#4] In reply to [#3]
Hi Robert,

re: - Layers and colors.

Layers and colors are already supported when transferring data back and forth between MoI and Rhino - you should see the layer list in Rhino come into the "Styles" list in MoI... Including both layer name and layer color as well.

Do you need something else here that is not part of the already existing layer support?

> re: easy?

Unfortunately very much the opposite of easy... It will be a whole lot of work involved for making a 64-bit version, it is something that I am planning on investigating further in detail though.

- Michael
22 Sep 2014   [#5]
Indeed, Styles = Layers.
Groups work more like "named selections" to me, they are not really groups but it can stay like this, not that much of a problem for now.

This is what me and like 10+ people who have tried MoI need so far:
- Instances;
- Cutting planes;
- Constraints\Dimensions;
- Better project organization (either nested groups or some type of hierarchy);
- Fix the object stack when working in isolation mode to improve latency in big projects: fluid workflow is one the main features of MoI, no, is the REASON we use MoI.

I'm stopping here since I know these will involve a massive amount of work.

Max.
22 Sep 2014   [#6]
My wish for V4 is Diagnostic tool for joined surface to make solid.
I'd like to make my model to solid, but sometimes it has result in joined surface.
So I want to know which faces have problem.
22 Sep 2014   [#7]
I'd love to see some sort of history stack.

Rawvox export of solid models would be fantastic. I have no idea if it's possible, but here's the info from the developer:

Rawvox is simple raw format - every voxel is in a 3D-Grid. The data sequence:
int Magic 'RVOX'
int SizeX
int SizeY
int SizeZ
int bits_per_voxel - 8,16,32, 32 means float values
...values in array...

Having the ability to export solid models as rawvox would give us the ability to export directly to 3D Coat for painting & topology.

-Paul
22 Sep 2014   [#8]
Hello,

Thanks for the topic, time to update my old wish list :)

1) Anything that will help to create 'more' complex model would be helpfull.

- Groups, than can be selected as a whole in the viewport.
- Instances (or anything similar) than might help to push the level of details a little bit
- 64bit support if it helps to manage more complex models (I know there is some hype around the 64bits support)

2) Fillets

They are probably the weakest aspect of MoI. Lost of progress are already be made, but I waste lots of time to export my models in different software like this horrible fusion360 for that task. They are many scenario where fusion can't do any better than MoI, but at least I have to give a try, meaning wasting time. I don't care if MoI cost twice the price if I could get a better fillet kernel.

3) Surface continuity option for Network and Sweep function ? (or anything else that could help to reduce lost of surface continuity in a model)

4) Lattice, or any kind of quick deformation tool. I like rhino one, but hate the setup time. Something more 'artist' friendly that require less users steps would be welcome.

5) Rendering.

Well I don't expect MoI to compete with modo, but having some additional rendering option in the viewport would be very welcome, just to check modeling design. A 'fast' occlusion might be handy for that task, and maybe a few raytracing shadow lights (to check self shadow for example).
22 Sep 2014   [#9] In reply to [#8]
I've been an enthusiastic MoI user since the first version went up for sale.

I have only one wish - improved fillets.

Why only one wish? Because I think this is so fundamental to building models that any other new features, IMHO, are adding minimal value.

I agree with PaQ - I would pay more to get a better fillet kernel. Using two programs is not an option I even want to consider.

Ed
22 Sep 2014   [#10] In reply to [#6]
@sandykoufax, re:

> My wish for V4 is Diagnostic tool for joined surface to make solid.
> I'd like to make my model to solid, but sometimes it has result in joined surface.
> So I want to know which faces have problem.

For now the "Select naked edges" script can help with this, once you set it up you can then push the N key on the keyboard to make naked edges in the model get selected so you can see where the problem areas are at.

There's some info on how to set it up here:
http://moi3d.com/forum/index.php?webtag=MOI&msg=6051.2

- Michael
22 Sep 2014   [#11] In reply to [#10]
oh! I have to try later. thanks!!
23 Sep 2014   [#12] In reply to [#5]
Hi Michael ..

Again ... I would sure like to see dimensions and line widths and a way to print finished 2d drawings ... and yes, I am aware that I can use other software to do this phase of my work but it sure would be nice to simply stay in MoI.

Great work with Ver 3 ... thanks again. MoI is my most favorite program for architectural design and 3d modeling.
eric
23 Sep 2014   [#13]
I think that Michael Gibson need a little time to relax, with a glass of wine, beer, soda or juice (depend of his preference)
everybody enjoy version 3, find bugs, reported back to michael and AFTER that we can start thinking about version 4

please! everybody start making models in moi3d v3 right now!
post it in every 3d forum, facebook, twitter, etc

Is time to help sell this little gem and help Michael with some revenue, don't you think?

peace and have fun modelling!!

Leo
23 Sep 2014   [#14]
Nested grouping

Surface editing additions (We've got add points. Need remove points and neighbor matching/continuity options) This equates to beefing up Nsided, network and blend....

A "surface" fit option to ImportPointFile command

MoI's implementation of the command/object manager.

The Extended properties panel and Options (Various inspection and analysis)

Deeper history. As a start, possibly a stored text of the operations list (simple or advanced option). Doesn't need to be embedded.....

A circular plane tool under the solids creation menu

Beef up LoadView and SaveView incorporating ScreenCapture into it....
23 Sep 2014   [#15]
Hello,

Perhaps some additional curve tools. One I've found helpful is to be able to dynamically change the start and end point of a blend curve along the set of matching curves, not just starting and ending the curve at the end points of the curves to be blended.
24 Sep 2014   [#16]
Peace on Earth.

-
24 Sep 2014   [#17] In reply to [#1]
I would like to see a Join command, I ask for Flow command awhile ago (http://moi3d.com/forum/index.php?webtag=MOI&msg=1760.1) and you did it, so I am hoping this might be add in the future. Making things watertight is still a long process for me.
24 Sep 2014   [#18] In reply to [#17]
Hi Tom, re: Join command - there is a Join command in MoI currently, you can find it under Edit > Join :

- Michael

Image Attachments:
edit_join.jpg 

24 Sep 2014   [#19] In reply to [#16]
@Danny,

Went straight for the whole enchilada!

Although, i think it's acheivable with MoI!!!
24 Sep 2014   [#20] In reply to [#19]
@ Burr, Yeah, I think if everyone in the world used MoI it'll be a very peaceful place to live :)

-
27 May 2016   [#21]
I'm sorry, but I didn't find any newer feature suggestion thread for v4.

Anyways, I'd like to see an option for a color axes cross in the viewports. Something like that:

Image Attachments:
axes.png 

Show messages:  1  2-21  22-41  42-61  62-81  …  562-574