MoI discussion forum
MoI discussion forum

Full Version: V4 Wish List

Show messages:  1-5  …  86-105  106-125  126-145  146-165  166-185  186-205  206-225  …  566-574

22 Dec 2016   [#146]
...Not sure how plausible...
a macro recorder with JavaScript output would be great for those of us who are not so sophisticated with coding.

Well, this is a "Wish" List...
-- MindSet
5 Jan 2017   [#147]
That's the way (I think) how should works fillet and chamfer

Image Attachments:
gif-chanf_orig[1].gif 

5 Jan 2017   [#148]
Seems my gif file from free DesignSpark Mechanical! :)
5 Jan 2017   [#149] In reply to [#147]
I believe BOTH ways (to a point and fusions constant, are valuable.
9 Jan 2017   [#150] In reply to [#148]
ehmm
yes :)
14 Jan 2017   [#151]
for me that a wish for V4 would be a Linux version - as I still haven't managed to get MoI usable through WINE. I can get it to run easily but there's a visual glitch that makes it non workable (it's like display is one frame behind actual state - for example when I make a selection the "marquee" stays on screen until I move the cursor. What's worse this affects highlighting the selection - tough to explain , if anyones interested I can work out a video). Tried on 3 different systems, with different configuration - happens every time.
And damn, I would really love to have a NURBS modeler on Linux - apart from mid lvl video editing , CAD is something where choices on Linux suck badly. At the very least dcc apps are covered thx to Modo / Maya / Houdini (... and Blender).
17 Jan 2017   [#152]
Michael I was wondering if you have any plans of incorporating real time filetting in V4 ( a la Spaceclaim, DesignSpark).
To me it is MOI's main weakness/time sink right now.
Thanks
17 Jan 2017   [#153] In reply to [#152]
Hi niko, I've had some thoughts that I'd like to look into that. So we'll see - no firm plans yet though. It depends on getting filleting handled by a different geometry library and how reliable the library is.

- Michael
18 Jan 2017   [#154] In reply to [#153]
I don't know if anyone already posted, but I suppose that numeric coordinates editor is a must also.
18 Jan 2017   [#155] In reply to [#154]
Hi glmr, I would definitely not take away numeric input for the fillet radius value, the part that would be modified would be setting it using the mouse.

- Michael
18 Jan 2017   [#156] In reply to [#155]
I mean objects and gropus position/orientation. X,Y,Z with a possibility to move them via coordinates system.
18 Jan 2017   [#157] In reply to [#156]
Hi glmr, you can already use the Transform > Move command currently to move a point on an object to a specific X,Y,Z coordinate already.

I guess you're asking though about objects having a sort of "local axis" point that you could set. That tends to be something that's used by animation systems though and not so much with CAD programs like MoI.

EDIT: Well except for instancing, that should have that type of thing.

- Michael
18 Jan 2017   [#158] In reply to [#157]
How can I move a point to a specific XYZ?? I'm trying but see usual dialogue - boundary box, distance from edge etc. so, I can set XYZ in window, but I need to change evrything in this way. so it is not possible to change one axis only
18 Jan 2017   [#159] In reply to [#158]
Hi glmr,

re:
> How can I move a point to a specific XYZ??

You just type in the X,Y,Z value when it's asking you for the target point. You'll see your keystrokes go to the XYZ coordinate input in the bottom toolbar:

- Michael

Image Attachments:
XYZ_input.jpg 

19 Jan 2017   [#160] In reply to [#159]
it would be netter ho have such option as in Rhino - just choose an object and edit each parameter without re-type al of them
19 Jan 2017   [#161] In reply to [#160]
Hi glmr, I don't remember Rhino having any feature like that, it must be relatively new. Can you describe it a bit more?

- Michael
19 Jan 2017   [#162] In reply to [#161]
Hi Michael.

I think glmr is referring to BoxEdit command of Rhino V5.

Look at this video : http://take.ms/ddgch

See you.
19 Jan 2017   [#163] In reply to [#162]
Hi Marco, you can do the sizing part of Rhino's BoxEdit command in MoI by clicking on the size line in the properties panel, it will show an "Edit size" menu like this:

@glmr - if you can describe in more detail what you need for positioning, it's pretty likely I could make a plug-in for you to do it.

- Michael

Image Attachments:
EditSize.jpg 

19 Jan 2017   [#164] In reply to [#163]
Hi Michael.

@Michael "Hi Marco, you can do the sizing part of Rhino's BoxEdit command in MoI by clicking on the size line in the properties panel, it will show an "Edit size" menu like this:"

I already knew that editing feature of Moi but thanks anyway for the reminder.

I told you about Rhino's BoxEdit command only because it has some additional features that Moi's Edit Size doesn't have.

But IMHO are negligible things.

See you.
20 Jan 2017   [#165] In reply to [#164]
I'm just talking about BoxEdit-like possibility to change also XYZ position of an object. It would be good to change also rotation, but positioning in BoxEdit style is much more important.
Now I can edit XYZposition but every time I should type all new coordinates. It is not comfortable if I need to change just one of them.

Show messages:  1-5  …  86-105  106-125  126-145  146-165  166-185  186-205  206-225  …  566-574