MoI discussion forum
MoI discussion forum

Full Version: V4 Wish List

Show messages:  1-10  11-30  31-50  51-70  71-90  …  571-574

22 Sep 2014   [#11] In reply to [#10]
oh! I have to try later. thanks!!
23 Sep 2014   [#12] In reply to [#5]
Hi Michael ..

Again ... I would sure like to see dimensions and line widths and a way to print finished 2d drawings ... and yes, I am aware that I can use other software to do this phase of my work but it sure would be nice to simply stay in MoI.

Great work with Ver 3 ... thanks again. MoI is my most favorite program for architectural design and 3d modeling.
eric
23 Sep 2014   [#13]
I think that Michael Gibson need a little time to relax, with a glass of wine, beer, soda or juice (depend of his preference)
everybody enjoy version 3, find bugs, reported back to michael and AFTER that we can start thinking about version 4

please! everybody start making models in moi3d v3 right now!
post it in every 3d forum, facebook, twitter, etc

Is time to help sell this little gem and help Michael with some revenue, don't you think?

peace and have fun modelling!!

Leo
23 Sep 2014   [#14]
Nested grouping

Surface editing additions (We've got add points. Need remove points and neighbor matching/continuity options) This equates to beefing up Nsided, network and blend....

A "surface" fit option to ImportPointFile command

MoI's implementation of the command/object manager.

The Extended properties panel and Options (Various inspection and analysis)

Deeper history. As a start, possibly a stored text of the operations list (simple or advanced option). Doesn't need to be embedded.....

A circular plane tool under the solids creation menu

Beef up LoadView and SaveView incorporating ScreenCapture into it....
23 Sep 2014   [#15]
Hello,

Perhaps some additional curve tools. One I've found helpful is to be able to dynamically change the start and end point of a blend curve along the set of matching curves, not just starting and ending the curve at the end points of the curves to be blended.
24 Sep 2014   [#16]
Peace on Earth.

-
24 Sep 2014   [#17] In reply to [#1]
I would like to see a Join command, I ask for Flow command awhile ago (http://moi3d.com/forum/index.php?webtag=MOI&msg=1760.1) and you did it, so I am hoping this might be add in the future. Making things watertight is still a long process for me.
24 Sep 2014   [#18] In reply to [#17]
Hi Tom, re: Join command - there is a Join command in MoI currently, you can find it under Edit > Join :

- Michael

Image Attachments:
edit_join.jpg 

24 Sep 2014   [#19] In reply to [#16]
@Danny,

Went straight for the whole enchilada!

Although, i think it's acheivable with MoI!!!
24 Sep 2014   [#20] In reply to [#19]
@ Burr, Yeah, I think if everyone in the world used MoI it'll be a very peaceful place to live :)

-
27 May 2016   [#21]
I'm sorry, but I didn't find any newer feature suggestion thread for v4.

Anyways, I'd like to see an option for a color axes cross in the viewports. Something like that:

Image Attachments:
axes.png 

27 May 2016   [#22] In reply to [#21]
Hi 3image,

re:
> Anyways, I'd like to see an option for a color axes cross in the viewports. Something like that:

It's possible to set that in the moi.ini file. To do that, go to Options > General > "Edit .ini file" button, and inside the moi.ini file under the [View] section are the following 3 r,g,b color values:

[View]
<....>
AxisIconXColor=160,160,160
AxisIconYColor=160,160,160
AxisIconZColor=160,160,160

Each channel can contain a value between 0 to 255.

- Michael
28 May 2016   [#23] In reply to [#22]
Actually, this is very neat. Didn't know that. Thanks! :-)
31 May 2016   [#24] In reply to [#23]
Something I always wanted to see in cad and modelling packages is user defined reference points that stay attached to the model, for example a plate with 3 holes and each one having a reference point at it's center and when you hover over the reference point you can rotate the object around that point which is also a big aid if you come to animating the model. Degrees of rotation could also be allocated to a reference point.
31 May 2016   [#25] In reply to [#24]
Hi Michael, for the time being you can create your own reference points using the Draw curve > more > Point command.

They are their own individual objects though, if you want them to move with your model you would need to make sure they are selected along with your object so they get transformed with it.

- Michael
6 Jun 2016   [#26]
From Bear 17

- Incorporate import OBJ / STL directly in the basic program (not script) and optimize NURBS interpolation from Polygonal
- Component Management Object Library + component (we can dream!)
- Improvement fillets for the complex shapes
- Integrated management features for editing shots (dashed / dotted lines, thick lines ...)
- Assign a texture (jpg, gif or png) instead of a color. This texture may have a sliding scale / adjustable.
- Record the position of a 3D camera view and be able to find or copy it to another file.
- Register the camera back level on the views above / right / front and you can find it or copy it to another file.
- Have an indicator on the screen to indicate collision objects
- Open up a platform for the exchange and 3DM file storage, accessible directly in Moi3D
- A viewer font / character in Moi3D. For example, if I want to use the font / font wingding "phone icon" ...
The problem is that we must identify the characters in Word and do it under analogism Moi3D
- Make it compatible formatting Excel spreadsheets by copy / paste between two programs (to make a plan cartridge for example)
- automatic tracer lines/curves from image 2D JPG PNG...
6 Jun 2016   [#27] In reply to [#26]
Hi Pilou, wow those are a lot of great wishes, but unfortunately many of them would involve a large amount of work and are probably outside of the scope of what MoI is focused on doing, please remind Bear 17 that it's a focus for MoI to be a simple and easy to use modeling program... Things like a connection to Excel don't really fit within that focus.

A few of those may be possible at some point though.

Maybe more of them could come in the future as plug-ins though.

- Michael
7 Jun 2016   [#28] In reply to [#27]
Hello Michael ,

I prefer to give ideas without setting limits. We must sort the ideas. it remains wishes, only wishes.

I understand that Moi3D must remain simple to use, while providing maximum opportunity. It's a delicate balance.

Moi3D is the only software I have that correctly uses the "touch " my tablet. The V3 is already powerful and indispensable (with Pilou's support !)

- Bear17
7 Jun 2016   [#29] In reply to [#28]
Hi Bear17, no problem! It can be good to get wishes without limits too. I just wanted to make sure your expectations for some of those things wouldn't get too high.

- Michael
9 Jun 2016   [#30]
Hi Michael,

It would be possible to have a command like the "MoveHole" command present in Rhino, in the next release of Moi ?

Or, is there a simple and fast way to do the same thing in the current version of Moi ?

I already know a manual method to do it, and it works on various object i tested.

I follow these steps :

1) extract,via unjoining, the inner surfaces of the hole i want to move
2) untrim, via delete, the hole edges from the object that is "perforated"
3) move the extracted hole surfaces to another location
4) trim the main object with the hole surfaces
5) remove the hole caps from the main object
6) join all together

Is there a faster or better way to do the same thing ?

Have a nice day.

Marco (mkdm).

Show messages:  1-10  11-30  31-50  51-70  71-90  …  571-574