MoI discussion forum
MoI discussion forum

Full Version: Cloth simulation

Show messages:  1-8  9-28  29-48  49-68  69-73

8 Apr 2015   [#69] In reply to [#68]
Many thanks...

I can remember very first beta of MOI3D... Now it is growing into a really deep tool : congrats', Michael ;-)
18 Apr 2015   [#70] In reply to [#1]
Hi Max,

this is an outstanding work! Thank you so much for sharing!

Cheers

Ingo
8 Sep 2017   [#71] In reply to [#62]
Hi Max,

Hope you are well.

I have been playing around with your brilliant Cloth Simulation script and it got me thinking.

I've never used grasshopper, but I am wondering if this script has the bones of a physics engine like its "kangaroo" plugin that could be wrapped into a node?

I know that you are reluctant to invest time in further development because there may be compatibility issues with the upcoming Moi V4, but even the first step of just converting a compound surface into a parametrically determined point array would be super useful.

I look at your work, Cloth Simulation script in particular, and it just blows me away. And don't get me started Project Elephant....extraordinary stuff!

Have a great weekend
James
9 Sep 2017   [#72] In reply to [#71]
Hi James

Thank you, I'm fine :)

>>I know that you are reluctant to invest time in further development because there may be compatibility issues with the upcoming Moi V4...
Yes, I stopped developement of my scripts until v4 beta release (and yes, I have plans to continue writing scripts for MoI).
The compatibility issues don't bother me, I just waiting for more efficient and powerful tools, which Michael could implement in the new versions.

>>I've never used grasshopper, but I am wondering if this script has the bones of a physics engine like its "kangaroo" plugin that could be wrapped into a node?
This script can be used as base of a physics engine, but I don't like its current internal structure. In fact I would like to rewrite it.

>>..but even the first step of just converting a compound surface into a parametrically determined point array would be super useful.
Yes, It would be great, but as I said above, I need to rewrite the engine of this script first.
Unfortunatelly I don't know when I'll start this work.
10 Sep 2017   [#73] In reply to [#72]
Thanks Max

REPLY:
see "ping - Max Smirnov"
http://moi3d.com/forum/index.php?webtag=MOI&msg=6837.23

Show messages:  1-8  9-28  29-48  49-68  69-73