MoI discussion forum
MoI discussion forum

Full Version: CustomUI

Show messages:  1-12  …  453-472  473-492  493-512  513-522

21 Mar 2023   [#513] In reply to [#512]
Hi Colin, when CustomUI for v3 is installed it has a folder at:
C:\Program Files (x86)\MoI 3.0\ui\customui

Inside that folder there are several .htm files, each one of these files will get loaded by CustomInit.js and will generate one or more buttons on the bottom toolbar.

So if you don't want a particular set of buttons, remove the .htm file from that location and then that set of buttons shouldn't get generated.

If you can't find the one to remove there, please post your CommandBar.htm from the folder C:\Program Files (x86)\MoI 3.0\ui so I can see if those particular buttons have been added directly to the UI instead of set up as a loaded CustomUI module.

- Michael
22 Mar 2023   [#514] In reply to [#512]
Hi Colin.
I don't remember how in version 3.
In version 4 there is a "startup" directory in which there are the files we need.
Create a folder with an arbitrary name and move unnecessary files to it.

image host image host image host

I looked at the description, everything is simpler there. Find the files whose name starts with a two-digit number, these files control the buttons we need. For example, I don't want to use "Nodeeditor", which means I don't need this button, then we look in the directory for a file named "97 Nodeeditor.js" and change its name to "-97 Nodeeditor.js" which will disable the button. Here is another example, I often use "Nodeeditor" and I need the button in the addon that launches "Nodeeditor" to be the first from the left, then rename the file to this form "01 Nodeeditor.js", which will move the button to the leftmost position.
22 Mar 2023   [#515] In reply to [#513]
Hi Michael,

Thanks for that & yes, that Custom UI folder was the first place I looked & there's NO Sub-D listed within there.
The actual Sub-D icons are part of the MoI V3 installation as I found them within the Icons folder...

I've attached two screen captures of my MoI V3, first is as a "floating window", second as maximised...
...in both cases I have to scroll across to reach stuff I use because of the Sub-D's which I don't use.

If I can get rid of the Sub-D "placement" then I'm hopeful of getting back to NOT having to scroll.

regards Colin

Image Attachments:
V3-Commandbar-1a.JPG  V3-Commandbar-1b.JPG 

22 Mar 2023   [#516] In reply to [#515]
Hi Colin, can you please post the CommandBar.htm file that you have at:

C:\Program Files (x86)\MoI 3.0\ui\CommandBar.htm

That probably has the buttons embedded there.

- Michael
22 Mar 2023   [#517] In reply to [#514]
Hi WN,

Thanks for taking the time to look & respond.

When I was saving the various add-on Scripts & Custom stuff, I made a conscious decision to save notes on their install.
So I had the relevant info of Max's Custom UI to reference to but there's nothing related to the block of four Sub-D icons.
Nor is there anything named or inferred as "Sub-D" within the Custom UI folder where stuff can be "turned ON or OFF" using "-"
All of which makes me assume it must be part of the original V3 Command Bar install..?

regards Colin

Image Attachments:
V3-Custom_UI_Folder.JPG 

22 Mar 2023   [#518] In reply to [#517]
Hi Colin.

If I remember correctly, this plugin is installed separately, then you need to delete its files.
I also have the file " 88 SubdivTools.js" but renaming it doesn't work, only deleting or moving it.
I don't see it in your screenshot.
22 Mar 2023   [#519] In reply to [#517]
Hi Colin,

re:
> All of which makes me assume it must be part of the original V3 Command Bar install..?

No, those sub-d buttons are not part of the regular V3 UI.

But they may pre-date CustomUI and may have had instructions to insert them by modifying CommandBar.htm .

If you can post your CommandBar.htm I will see if that's where they are.

- Michael
23 Mar 2023   [#520] In reply to [#519]
Hi Michael,

Thanks for clarifying that.
Here's that CommandBar.htm you're wanting.

HTH, Colin

Attachments:
CommandBar.htm

23 Mar 2023   [#521] In reply to [#520]
Hi Colin, yeah they were added in to there.

I've edited them out so if you replace your current CommandBar.htm with this attached version that should get rid of them.

- Michael

Attachments:
CommandBar.htm

23 Mar 2023   [#522] In reply to [#521]
Hi Michael,

Thanks greatly for that, it's much appreciated.
Just tested & works a treat.

regards Colin

Show messages:  1-12  …  453-472  473-492  493-512  513-522