MoI discussion forum
MoI discussion forum

Full Version: CustomUI

Show messages:  1-12  …  373-392  393-412  413-432  433-452  453-472  473-492  493-512  513-522

17 Jul 2020   [#433] In reply to [#432]
Hi Maysky,

re:
> Ok, So what has to happen for a ShortCut-access-point to be created in the MOI4 customUI?

First copy the HTML file for it from the v3 CustomUI which is at customui\mods\Shortcuts.menu.htm . Put that into the appdata\Moi\customui folder where there should be other .htm files like "Scripts.menu.htm" and "ObjLibrary.menu.htm".

Then inside the appdata\Moi\startup folder, make a copy of the "80 Scripts.js" file and name it "82 Shortcuts.js" . Edit the new file "82 Shortcuts.js" and change where it has:
var title = "Scripts";
to instead have
var title = "Shortcuts";

and also where it has:
var menu = "moi://appdata/customui/Scripts.menu.htm";
to instead have:
var menu = "moi://appdata/customui/Shortcuts.menu.htm";

Then you should have a Shortcuts button next to Scripts on the bottom toolbar that will work the same as it did in the V3 CustomUI. I think the way it is set up is it will show a menu of shortcut keys that have script code in them where there is a comment marked with a ! sign in it, like if you have a shortcut key set up like this:
script: /*!Invert selection*/ moi.geometryDatabase.invertSelection();

that will display as an "Invert selection" item on that Shortcuts menu.

- Michael
17 Jul 2020   [#434] In reply to [#433]
Wow! thank you Michael
I will give this a go.

I thought I was being rude
18 Jul 2020   [#435] In reply to [#433]
Worked like a charm MoI 4 now has a Shortcuts menue :)
Thank you again.

The Syntax error is still occuring on manual selection. :(
18 Jul 2020   [#436] In reply to [#435]
Hi Maysky,

re:
> The Syntax error is still occuring on manual selection. :(

Update the Shortcuts.menu.htm file for v4 with the one from the other thread here to fix the error message that was happening with scripts containing any ' characters in them:
http://moi3d.com/forum/index.php?webtag=MOI&msg=9891.5

The same fix for v3 should work for v4 as well.

- Michael
9 Aug 2020   [#437] In reply to [#1]
Hi Moi’ers

Excuse me for being a noob with PC (use only Mac) V3
I have installed the custom UI but I dont see any icons in command bar?
I need the full extension script icon to be visible.
Which location shall it be extracted to, c:/users/username/programs/moi3d...... or /appdata/roaming/moi3d

I also have a question about how to write file location in PC.
When using ’exporttoseparatefiles’ script I wish the fbx files to be saved in a folder on desktop ”FBX”.
Is the path correct using
C:\\users\\username\\desktop\\FBX\\

Thanks

* Michael for Nobel Prize *
9 Aug 2020   [#438] In reply to [#437]
Hi Stardust, for Moi version 3 on Windows you need to unzip the CustomUI.1.03.win.mac.zip file attached to the first message of this thread. There are 3 folders stored in the .zip file: objects, snapshots, and ui.

These need to be copied into the install folder at C:\Program Files (x86)\MoI 3.0

So copy the "objects" folder over so you then have C:\Program Files (x86)\MoI 3.0\objects

Do the same for the "snapshots" folder so you should then have C:\Program Files (x86)\MoI 3.0\snapshots

Then for UI it's slightly different because there is a ui folder already existing at C:\Program Files (x86)\MoI 3.0\ui . So you want to copy the contents of the .zip file ui folder into the existing ui folder. There will be one file (CommandBar.htm) that will be overwritten which you want to allow.

For v4 it's different - for v4 there is a different .zip file to use and it goes in appdata not the install folder.

- Michael
11 Aug 2020   [#439] In reply to [#433]
Hey Gang:

I could not get this to work.
It shows a menu stub, but no content; in spite of the fact that my Moi.ini is chock-full of ShortCuts.
Have I made a mistake in my ".\startup\82 Shortcuts.js" file, attached?
I used the ".\customui\Shortcuts.menu.htm" file downloaded from 9891.5.

Many thanks to all of you !!!
Mindset

Attachments:
82 Shortcuts.js

Image Attachments:
Moi_ShortCuts.jpg 

11 Aug 2020   [#440] In reply to [#439]
Hi Mindset, if I remember right it only displays shortcuts that are marked in a certain way, I think with a ! character inside the script comment which is the /* */ part.

If you modify your shortcut keys so that it has it like: /*! */ do they then show up?

- Michael
11 Aug 2020   [#441] In reply to [#440]
Thank you Michael.
You are a superstar.

Seems that the operative phrase is:
title = line.match(/\/\*\!(.+)\*\//);

So, I tried this on "MoI 4.0 beta Jan-22-2020":
script: /*! TOGGLE CURVES HIDE*/ var allcurves = moi.geometryDatabase.<<...etc.>>

... albeit to no avail.

So, hmm, I don't know what else to do. ???
Mindset
11 Aug 2020   [#442] In reply to [#441]
Hi Mindset, ok so the file "82 Shortcuts.js" should be in %appdata%\Moi\startup and Shortcuts.menu.htm should be in %appdata%\Moi\customui .

Is that what you have ? What happens when you push the button, is anything shown at all?

- Michael
11 Aug 2020   [#443] In reply to [#442]
After much confusion, I finally got customUI shortcut icon to work, as per Michael's instructions for the shortcut .js and .htm files.
Pressing the button on the task bar shows 5 shortcuts, (so far, prior to doing any /*! */ edits).

(I used "83 Shortcuts", because 82 is being used with Snapshots.)

(With Moi V4 beta)

- Brian

One of the 5 shortcuts showing had this format: script:/*!Select edges v1.2 */ var gd = moi.geometryDatabase; func.....

After adding a new shortcut key to MoI (V4), close and reopen MoI.

I could not locate the script: script:/*! +TOGGLE CURVES HIDE*/..., in order to test it.
11 Aug 2020   [#444]
I GENUINELY appreciate your time, attention ...and most especially your help.

When the button is clicked, it displays a stub, as shown:

However, as you suggest, once I moved "Shortcuts.menu.htm" from...
..\AppData\Roaming\Moi\ui\customui\
to
..\AppData\Roaming\Moi\customui\
it started working as expected !!!

Moi must be the greatest software in the world and a primary reason is how we, the user base, are treated and treat each other on this forum.
Thank you mightily !!!

Image Attachments:
ShortCut_menu_activate_attempt.png 

12 Aug 2020   [#445]
Hi Michael,

In the upcoming release of V4 have you considered building the custom UI into the release maybe in the installation process can you choose classic UI or custom UI - I think with modern screens and extra pixels the custom UI install is very useful in having those tools ready to go and provide a comfortable working environment that is still simple but extremely powerful.

Just a random thought.

Alex.
12 Aug 2020   [#446] In reply to [#445]
Hi Alex, sorry no that's not something I've been planning. It doesn't really fit with the overall design of MoI which is focused on being streamlined and not showing a whole bunch of buttons at the top level all of the time.

But at some point I do want to make a mechanism for managing that area of the UI so you could promote some of your most frequently used commands there.

- Michael
13 Aug 2020   [#447] In reply to [#446]
Hi,

I haven't tried any sort of custom UI but I did like the idea of a "library" button.

That would seem to be in keeping with the idea of streamlining things.

Granted it doesn't save a lot of steps but it would be pretty nice just the same.

Frederick
18 Aug 2020   [#448]
It would be nice if snapshot had a popup menu associated with it, for the different modes.
Maybe an html file could do this?

- Brian
22 Aug 2020   [#449]
Hi guys, a quick (and simple I guess) question: how can I install the Custom UI Beta 2 in MoI 4 (Beta Jan 22 2020)?

What I've done so far:

1) Downloaded MoI 4.0 Beta Jan-22-2020 from http://moi.maxsm.net
2) Unzipped directory and copied into C:\Program Files\MoI 4.0 beta Jan-22-2020
3) Started MoI.exe

After that, I cannot see the custom bar. Is there something I'm missing here? I've been reading the forum, but I cannot find what's wrong. Should be something obvious.

Thanks for your help.
22 Aug 2020   [#450] In reply to [#449]
Hi Art.
For Windows 10, the %AppData% path should be used. (Type in %AppData% in the windows search box, lower left corner of Windows 10 screen.)

I would suggest first that your C:\Users\<yourUsername>)\AppData\Roaming\Moi folders be unhidden.
(Google "unhide appdata folder windows 10") ...show hidden folders.
Also helpful is to set up a Library "MoiAppData" in File Explorer, for this path to ...AppData\Roaming\Moi, for quick access.
My Library link usually does not show the \Moi text, but the subdirectory is there.

The contents of this ...AppData\Roaming\Moi directory may be:
Folders:
commands (my extra non stock moi _scripts)
customui
nodeeditor
objects
snapshots
startup

There may also be some misc. files there, like MoiColors, moi license keys, etc.

- Brian

I scanned this topic back 2 years, and did not see comprehensive instructions for install in Moi v4 beta,
although a lot of issues were addressed.
I'd say follow Max's original instructions, but use %appdata%.

Mac link: https://moi3d.com/forum/index.php?webtag=MOI&msg=6507.404
22 Aug 2020   [#451] In reply to [#450]
Wow Brian, thanks for this FAST and comprehensive answer.

It is working now. I think your post should be pinned.

Thanks

Art
22 Aug 2020   [#452] In reply to [#449]
Hi art, yes like Brian mentions above for v4 you should install it into the appdata folder, not into \Program Files.

Install instructions are here:
http://moi3d.com/forum/index.php?webtag=MOI&msg=6507.268

Try using Win+R to bring up the Windows "Run" dialog, and then type in:

%AppData%\Moi

and push Enter. That will open up the MoI appdata folder.

When you unzip CustomUI.2.0.beta2.zip there should be 3 folders that were inside the .zip . The folders are "customui", "objects", and "startup".

These should be copied over to the %AppData%\Moi folder.

So you should end up with:

%AppData%\Moi\customui
%AppData%\Moi\objects

and there will already be a %AppData%\Moi\startup folder, copy the contents of the startup folder in the .zip file into the %AppData%\Moi\startup folder.

- Michael

Show messages:  1-12  …  373-392  393-412  413-432  433-452  453-472  473-492  493-512  513-522