MoI discussion forum
MoI discussion forum

Full Version: CustomUI

Show messages:  1-19  …  360-379  380-399  400-419  420-439  440-459  460-479  480-499  …  520-522

25 Oct 2019   [#420]
Hello everyone :)
Newbie here, first post ^_^
Really glad to be part of Moment of Inspiration Family. Thank you for making such wonderful software Michael and HUGE thanks for everyone for making understandable, fast, easy to use, beautiful and most important FUN to work with :)

Have some questions about Custom UI. Some features does not working. Maybe some of you might know and can help me?
(I'm on Moi V3 Windows 10)

Downloaded CustomUI.1.03.win.mac 2015-08-29

1. Obj library - I can not save my objects to library. It lets me name the object, but after hit "OK" the new object did not appears in Obj library next to Max's Cube, Sphere, Plane already created (attached 1st picture)
2. Snapshot does not save my files, or maybe i was looking not in the right MOI "snapshot" folder :(
3. Lightening also does not working. Want to have some highlights on the surface. Maybe this because of lightening script. (attached image)
4. Tested some scripts. Working like a charm :) Not all tested, but happy so far.

So i was wondering is there any solution to fix all this or I should upgrade to V4 Beta?

Many thanks
Appreciate your help.

K.

Image Attachments:
obj_lib.jpg  scripts.jpg 

25 Oct 2019   [#421] In reply to [#420]
Hi Konni, welcome to MoI and to the forum!

So for #1 and #2 I think the problem is that by default Windows will prevent applications from writing into the "Program Files" directory as a security measure. If you run MoI at an elevated privilege that could solve this problem. To do that right-click on the shortcut icon you use to launch MoI and then I think it's the "compatibility" tab where you'll find a checkbox that says "Run as Administrator". Try enabling that.

for #3 Lighting options, I think that is expecting for a list of lights to have been written in the moi.ini file by a separate LightingOptions plugin. Try installing that other plugin from here:
http://moi3d.com/forum/index.php?webtag=MOI&msg=5222.43

Hope that works!

- Michael
26 Oct 2019   [#422] In reply to [#421]
Thank you Michael for such full and informative answer.
Yep - #1 and #2 solved - Run as Admin and it worked. :)
#4 - Lightening Options also solved. Have them in Options ->View ->Lightening Options -> Lightening Presets. And also have these in custom ui bar :)

Thank you once again for making awesome software ^_^
(I'm in V4 Beta now).

Image Attachments:
123.JPG 

28 Oct 2019   [#423] In reply to [#303]
Now I'm using the V4 Beta. Thank you.
16 Dec 2019   [#424]
Hi all,
Sorry, again noob question here.
How to get folders in Object Library?
Appreciate ^_^

Image Attachments:
this have.jpg  unnamed (1).png 

16 Dec 2019   [#425] In reply to [#424]
You must have these objects yet in your folder!
16 Dec 2019   [#426] In reply to [#425]
I have these default objects in my folder. I can create new objects and they appear in my Objects Library in Moi and in %AppData folder. But when i create manually folder in appData it does not appear in Moi. And in Moi I do not know how to create folder and save in it some similar items like for example screws or smth...
Thank you

Image Attachments:
2spheres.jpg 

16 Dec 2019   [#427] In reply to [#424]
Hi Konni,

> How to get folders in Object Library?

I don't think it supports sub-folders currently.

- Michael
30 Mar 2020   [#428] In reply to [#1]
Hello Master,
I am getting a script error and no object library, basically nothing happens. What am I doing wrong ?

Image Attachments:
MoI_F18auM2bVR.png 

30 Mar 2020   [#429] In reply to [#428]
hi, michael told you already, that this message comes from using a cracked v3 beta version... spambot maybe?

quote:
Hi Brownie, that error comes from using an old v3 beta release (like a cracked version) which is missing some functions that are in the v3 final release version.

So to fix that make sure you're running the release version of v3 and not a cracked version. If you purchased MoI you can get a new download of the full version installer by putting in your license key at http://moi3d.com/reinstall.htm .

- Michael

17 Jul 2020   [#430] In reply to [#427]
Hi guys,
I have re-installed both (moi_v3_setup) and (moi_v4_beta_Jan-22-2020_setup)
Then extracted (CustomUI.1.03.win.mac) into MoI3 and extracted (CustomUI.2.0.beta2) into the Roaming\MoI directories.
I am able to get a list of SHORTCUTS in MOI3 but cannot get to the shortcuts in MoI4
When I had a look in the (...\AppData\Roaming\Moi\startup) There is a list of all the buttons that populate the bottom Bar.
But SHORTCUTS is not there.
I have had a search around on the Discussion Forum but could not find an answer
17 Jul 2020   [#431] In reply to [#430]
Hi Maysky, yes it looks like the CustomUI for v4 does not have a shortcuts button like the one for v3 did.

- Michael
17 Jul 2020   [#432] In reply to [#431]
Ok, So what has to happen for a ShortCut-access-point to be created in the MOI4 customUI?

I guess this question is inappropriate. Sorry.
17 Jul 2020   [#433] In reply to [#432]
Hi Maysky,

re:
> Ok, So what has to happen for a ShortCut-access-point to be created in the MOI4 customUI?

First copy the HTML file for it from the v3 CustomUI which is at customui\mods\Shortcuts.menu.htm . Put that into the appdata\Moi\customui folder where there should be other .htm files like "Scripts.menu.htm" and "ObjLibrary.menu.htm".

Then inside the appdata\Moi\startup folder, make a copy of the "80 Scripts.js" file and name it "82 Shortcuts.js" . Edit the new file "82 Shortcuts.js" and change where it has:
var title = "Scripts";
to instead have
var title = "Shortcuts";

and also where it has:
var menu = "moi://appdata/customui/Scripts.menu.htm";
to instead have:
var menu = "moi://appdata/customui/Shortcuts.menu.htm";

Then you should have a Shortcuts button next to Scripts on the bottom toolbar that will work the same as it did in the V3 CustomUI. I think the way it is set up is it will show a menu of shortcut keys that have script code in them where there is a comment marked with a ! sign in it, like if you have a shortcut key set up like this:
script: /*!Invert selection*/ moi.geometryDatabase.invertSelection();

that will display as an "Invert selection" item on that Shortcuts menu.

- Michael
17 Jul 2020   [#434] In reply to [#433]
Wow! thank you Michael
I will give this a go.

I thought I was being rude
18 Jul 2020   [#435] In reply to [#433]
Worked like a charm MoI 4 now has a Shortcuts menue :)
Thank you again.

The Syntax error is still occuring on manual selection. :(
18 Jul 2020   [#436] In reply to [#435]
Hi Maysky,

re:
> The Syntax error is still occuring on manual selection. :(

Update the Shortcuts.menu.htm file for v4 with the one from the other thread here to fix the error message that was happening with scripts containing any ' characters in them:
http://moi3d.com/forum/index.php?webtag=MOI&msg=9891.5

The same fix for v3 should work for v4 as well.

- Michael
9 Aug 2020   [#437] In reply to [#1]
Hi Moi’ers

Excuse me for being a noob with PC (use only Mac) V3
I have installed the custom UI but I dont see any icons in command bar?
I need the full extension script icon to be visible.
Which location shall it be extracted to, c:/users/username/programs/moi3d...... or /appdata/roaming/moi3d

I also have a question about how to write file location in PC.
When using ’exporttoseparatefiles’ script I wish the fbx files to be saved in a folder on desktop ”FBX”.
Is the path correct using
C:\\users\\username\\desktop\\FBX\\

Thanks

* Michael for Nobel Prize *
9 Aug 2020   [#438] In reply to [#437]
Hi Stardust, for Moi version 3 on Windows you need to unzip the CustomUI.1.03.win.mac.zip file attached to the first message of this thread. There are 3 folders stored in the .zip file: objects, snapshots, and ui.

These need to be copied into the install folder at C:\Program Files (x86)\MoI 3.0

So copy the "objects" folder over so you then have C:\Program Files (x86)\MoI 3.0\objects

Do the same for the "snapshots" folder so you should then have C:\Program Files (x86)\MoI 3.0\snapshots

Then for UI it's slightly different because there is a ui folder already existing at C:\Program Files (x86)\MoI 3.0\ui . So you want to copy the contents of the .zip file ui folder into the existing ui folder. There will be one file (CommandBar.htm) that will be overwritten which you want to allow.

For v4 it's different - for v4 there is a different .zip file to use and it goes in appdata not the install folder.

- Michael
11 Aug 2020   [#439] In reply to [#433]
Hey Gang:

I could not get this to work.
It shows a menu stub, but no content; in spite of the fact that my Moi.ini is chock-full of ShortCuts.
Have I made a mistake in my ".\startup\82 Shortcuts.js" file, attached?
I used the ".\customui\Shortcuts.menu.htm" file downloaded from 9891.5.

Many thanks to all of you !!!
Mindset

Attachments:
82 Shortcuts.js

Image Attachments:
Moi_ShortCuts.jpg 

Show messages:  1-19  …  360-379  380-399  400-419  420-439  440-459  460-479  480-499  …  520-522