MoI discussion forum
MoI discussion forum

Full Version: CustomUI

Show messages:  1-10  …  331-350  351-370  371-390  391-410  411-430  431-450  451-470  …  511-522

2 Apr 2019   [#391] In reply to [#389]
Let me try again, because maybe I have been too muddy about this:

On a default installation I wanted the panes to be combined and open, the script to do that is MiniSidepane.js (to be installed into the startup folder), because the default installation doesn't have that.

However, when I do that, the aforementioned items are still missing. I guess Max Smirnov overlooked them? What I need to know is what to do to have them back in there.

Is there a version that has them?

(This is more a question directed a Max).

Suggestion: It would be great, if you (Michael) could implement that (combining/splitting up) of the panes as an checkbox option in the next beta under the Options Menu. I love MoI and think this is the way to go for modeling, but the constant switching between tabs is kind of annoying, especially if one has the screen real-estate to fit the open panes.

Anyway, thanks again for your time, sorry to steal so much of it...
2 Apr 2019   [#392] In reply to [#391]
Hi Death, oops sorry my problem was that I wasn't quite remembering properly what MiniSidepane.js does, I was thinking that it moved things in a different way (to split apart Construct / Transform tabs into individual tabs).

Sorry I was confused about that - there is additionally a problem with MiniSidepane.js that it should not be applied onto already customized UI.

So yeah it's just designed intentionally to remove those particular tabs. I don't think there is a version that keeps them.

But to modify it how you want, remove the 2 lines that have:

doc.getElementsByTagName("moi:PaletteHeader")[2].remove();
doc.getElementsByTagName("moi:PaletteBody")[2].remove();

That is the code that is removing the standard Edit / View / Select tabs.

If you then want to remove just the Edit tab on that row and leave View / Select put in this:

doc.getElementById("EditTab").remove();
doc.getElementById("EditTabContent").remove();

Hope I have that straightened out now, sorry for the confusion.

- Michael
3 Apr 2019   [#393] In reply to [#392]
Thanks!

And sorry for stealing your time, it is better spent on developing MoI than talking to dummies like me, I appreciate your time and thanks for the solution. I'll try it and let you know things fared...

Have a good night and keep up the good work!

Jack
3 Apr 2019   [#394] In reply to [#393]
No problem Jack, sorry I wasn't understanding it for a while there!

- Michael
3 Apr 2019   [#395] In reply to [#394]
You pointed me in the right direction, got it done the way I wanted now...

Here's what I tried to do and achieved thanks to your help.

Many thanks! (again)

Jack

Image Attachments:
test.png 

5 Apr 2019   [#396]
Hi Death (weird thing to write)
You see all the icons now?
Can you share how and what you had to modify?

Thanks
Juraj
5 Apr 2019   [#397] In reply to [#396]
When you click on for instance the scale tool, can you show a screen grab of where the sub menu with this config pops up?
5 Apr 2019   [#398] In reply to [#396]
Hi Yuri,

I changed a bunch of things, don't all remember the details.

(I didn't include "Select All" and "Deselect All", since that's just CTRL-A and a "click in empty screen space")

Your screen resolution should be at least 1900x1200 to make it work well, font size (in MoI's OPTIONS) should be 9.5

Drop this file into your user's ApData/moi/startup directory and it should work automatically.
In my case that is:

C:\Users\Jack\AppData\Roaming\Moi\startup (just replace "Jack" with whatever your user name is)

If you don't have a "startup" (no quotes and all lower case) directory, just make one and drop it in there. Alternatively you can use the Moi program directory and drop it into there (again, into the startup directory, if it doesn't exist, just create one).

It should then look like you see in the picture attached.

This will even work with the default MoI installation (and should work with any custom UI's, the 2nd screenshot attached uses the grey custom UI).

If you want your normal MoI panes back, just delete the file from the startup directory and MoI works as if nothing ever happened...

Jack

Attachments:
DeathPane.js

Image Attachments:
temp01.png  temp02.png 

5 Apr 2019   [#399] In reply to [#397]
Hi co3Darts,

where they usually do...

Image Attachments:
temp03.png 

5 Apr 2019   [#400] In reply to [#399]
Thanks! Looks like a nice mini setup :)
9 Apr 2019   [#401] In reply to [#319]
How do you create folder branches in object libraries?
9 Apr 2019   [#402] In reply to [#401]
Folders can be manually created, for example by file explorer under %appdata%/Objects (MoI4Beta), but the subfolders and their contents, do not seem to be accessible through the Object Library icon, so are of no use. (As far as I know.)
- Brian
22 Apr 2019   [#403] In reply to [#398]
Hello! My MAC user file directory is just Application Data, right? How to implement? Thank you very much!
22 Apr 2019   [#404] In reply to [#403]
Hi jinyicool, on the Mac your appdata folder is in your home directory, under Library/Application Support/Moi.

So the full path is /Users/[your user name]/Library/Application Support/Moi (or ~/Library/Application Support/Moi).

Note that since OSX Lion Apple decided to hide the Library folder by default from Finder. You can use the "Go to folder" menu option and enter it, or use Cmd+Shift+. to temporarily show hidden files, or use one of the methods mentioned here:
http://osxdaily.com/2016/12/12/show-user-library-folder-macos-sierra/

- MIchael
16 Jul 2019   [#405]

hello

i was looking everywhere for a step by step instruction to install the scrip but honestly, there is just random information flying around, like come on take it, easy guys. i have extracted the file to my fold of installation

C:\Program Files (x86)\MoI 3.0 beta Mar-17-2013

and when i lunch moi i get a Script error :

TypeError: Result of expression 'moi.fiIesystem.getUIDir• [undefined] is not a function.

please someone explain step by step

thank you

16 Jul 2019   [#406] In reply to [#405]
Hi semo, that error will happen if you're running an older cracked v3 beta release. CustomUI requires a newer version than that, either the v3 final release or the v4 beta release.

If you are using a cracked version please don't ask for support on the official forum.

- Michael
17 Jul 2019   [#407] In reply to [#406]
Hi Michael Gibson

ohh trust me i did buy moi v3 2 years ago for 300USD , i have been using it for a long time now , so dont assume that i cracked it , i do some times get cracked software but moi was worth it tho.
17 Jul 2019   [#408] In reply to [#407]
Hi Semo, well the path you give above "C:\Program Files (x86)\MoI 3.0 beta Mar-17-2013" is definitely for a cracked version. That's an old v3 beta release which is not available anymore and has long since expired. The only way you could have that version and be running it now would be by using a cracked version.

So if you did purchase it make sure you're using the actual purchased version and not one that you downloaded from somewhere else. You wouldn't run into that particular error that you reported if you were using the real v3 final release instead of an older v3 beta release.

If you have somehow misplaced the real v3 installer, you can go here to get a new download: http://moi3d.com/reinstall.htm .

- Michael
17 Jul 2019   [#409] In reply to [#408]
Hi Michael Gibson

thank you for your replay , long story short , i bought MOI at work and i had a problem installing it with all the security they had , so in order to bypass the security i dragged and drop the moi file from another computer with no security , and it seems to work fine sense , i got fired from my job and couldn't get all my original files , all i left with is this file ''MoI 3.0 beta Mar-17-2013'' and i know it looks like i got a cracked version i already looked and searched for solutions but i was sure this error is because i don't have it installed the right way ,anyway thanks for your help and god bless .
27 Jul 2019   [#410]
How do I change the colors for the icons from black as displayed, to white as I have a dark background and they don't show up very well. All my icons are already white so I assume the code in Max's HTML for the four icons in question has something to do with it?
Regards
Ron

Image Attachments:
How to change Icon Color.jpg 

Show messages:  1-10  …  331-350  351-370  371-390  391-410  411-430  431-450  451-470  …  511-522