MoI discussion forum
MoI discussion forum

Full Version: CustomUI

Show messages:  1-2  …  303-322  323-342  343-362  363-382  383-402  403-422  423-442  …

29 Mar 2019   [#363] In reply to [#362]
Thanks for the clarification. So to install the node editor. I would do it in the %AppData%\Moi\(folders shown in archive node editor.zip from Max) ?
29 Mar 2019   [#364] In reply to [#363]
Reason I ask is I can't get this to work. I have Custom UI v2 for beta installed and when I click on NodeEdit button, I just get a blank popup window with nothing?

Image Attachments:
Node_Editor_Install.jpg  Node_Editor_Result.jpg 

29 Mar 2019   [#365] In reply to [#364]
Hi Brummett, I think the node editor is intended to be installed in a folder like:

%appdata%\moi\nodeeditor

Whereas you seem to have it in

%appdata%\moi\commands

The CustomUI v2 tries to run the node editor at moi://appdata/nodeeditor/index.html so that means it's expecting to have a nodeeditor folder as a sibling to "commands" and there should be a file index.html inside there.

- Michael
29 Mar 2019   [#366] In reply to [#365]
Ah ha! that was it. Thanks a ton, driving me nutso..
30 Mar 2019   [#367]
Hi Brummett,
may I ask how you got the bottom to be 2 rows instead of one?

And I'm also interested in nodeeditor to try it out, but post I found references to are old from 2015.
Where did you download working latest nodeeditor with nodes?

Thanks,
Juraj
30 Mar 2019   [#368] In reply to [#367]
Hi Mr. Yuri,
I installed the custom UI that addresses that issue. I believe it's the version "Dark Gray Theme (MoI 4.0 beta) - Custom UI Bar.zip" I had to install and uninstall and test to find the one that worked out of the various .zip files there. The order of installation is important as you need to read in the author (Cody's) description below his screen grabs.

http://moi3d.com/forum/messages.php?webtag=MOI&msg=9242.1

The nodeeditor I installed was Max Smirnov's latest build from his web site here:

http://moi.maxsm.net/nodeeditor/

Jason
31 Mar 2019   [#369]
Hi Michael,
took me a while to realize that your reply was on actually editing the icon images (icons).

My bad to phrase it like that.
First: Now I know this can be done. :) But it's too much work for me and default icons looks OK to me

Second: My question should be "how can I add/remove icons that are at the bottom pane?" I have slidebar below which is quite irritating to work with and there are commands (icons) I can remove from the bottom.

Thanks,
Juraj
31 Mar 2019   [#370] In reply to [#369]
Hi Juraj,

In your installation folder, there should be a "startup" folder. I believe those are the buttons that you wish to remove.

Rename the files that you don't want to have by adding an underscore in front... "05 Select Buttons.js" becomes "_05 Select Buttons.js" The number in front also controls the order in which they appear.

Let us know if you wish to change specific buttons within those JS files and we can provide more instruction for that.

-- Cody
31 Mar 2019   [#371] In reply to [#369]
Hi Yuri,
For MoI4Beta
For Windows, under %Appdata%...Moi/startup, (or your equivalent), there are icons such as the 6 align icons.
By renaming "50 Align Buttons.js" to "50 Align Buttons.BAKjs", with out ", the 6 align icons no longer appear at the bottom of the MoI screen.
- Brian
(The underline preface method of Cody did not work for me...(?))
- prefix used to work, to disable, but no longer(?)
(HiDef monitor is very nice.)
31 Mar 2019   [#372] In reply to [#368]
quote: Jason
I installed the custom UI that addresses that issue. I believe it's the version "Dark Gray Theme (MoI 4.0 beta) - Custom UI Bar.zip" I had to install and uninstall and test to find the one that worked out of the various .zip files there. The order of installation is important as you need to read in the author (Cody's) description below his screen grabs.

My theme page is more complicated than it needs to be, to be honest. Many little changes happened over a short period of time and it's convoluted now.

I'll be revamping my theme page soon to provide a much clearer, foolproof way to understand and install (and possibly uninstall) the options.

-- Cody
31 Mar 2019   [#373]
This is why I like MoI.

If one know how, many things are very easy to do and customize.

Thanks Michael for explanation and quick reaction.

Thanks Cody for info as well. And just let you know I already have your dark theme and command bar plugin :)

Keep up the good work guys ;)
31 Mar 2019   [#374] In reply to [#373]
Sounds great Cody. I like the theme and with a little css edits it's fairly customizable :) I subscribed to this thread if we get updates.

Thanks!

Jason
31 Mar 2019   [#375] In reply to [#371]
quote: bemfarmer
(The underline preface method of Cody did not work for me...(?))
- prefix used to work, to disable, but no longer(?)

I noticed that the hyphen did not work as well (it used to work though), but an underscore does work for me. Weird. Something is definitely different now.

-- Cody
1 Apr 2019   [#376]
Hi Guys :)
Found few things I'd like to know.

1. Now when I open MoI with Darktheme I see almost all icons (or sections?) collapsed.
Is there a way of choosing which sections will be opened at startup. I'm noob-programmer.

2. @Michael. maybe hint for later release. Would it be possible to map a command into Options> shortcut keys> map a command by clicking on something?
e.g. User want to assign simple 'Move' command to a shortcut keys so when there is a space to enter command, user would click command icon in moi interface and click will be "translated" into input window.
But I will find move command in manual or somewhere so I know how to do it. But if it's simple enough programming, you can implement it in the future for moi beginners :)

Thanks

Image Attachments:
moi collapsed.PNG 

1 Apr 2019   [#377] In reply to [#376]
quote: Mr. Yuri
Now when I open MoI with Darktheme I see almost all icons (or sections?) collapsed.
Is there a way of choosing which sections will be opened at startup.

I don't believe the theme is interfering with how the icon panels initially are opened/closed. There were no changes to any code within that file. I believe MoI determines the available vertical space and auto-closes tabs as necessary.

Are you running MoI 3.0 or MoI 4.0 Beta?
What is your desktop resolution?
Is the application launching fullscreen or are you expanding it afterwards?

There are ways to manipulate how those panels are displayed. I have seen screenshots of panels where, say the Draw curve and Draw solid were combined into one panel. I have not done this myself, however.

-- Cody
1 Apr 2019   [#378] In reply to [#377]
Hi Cody,
It happened ever since I installed on fresh install of MoI 4latest beta > Darktheme > CustomUI bar

Clean MoI was fine.

I have Windows 10-64bit and full HD display.

I'm lunching full screen.

Juraj
1 Apr 2019   [#379] In reply to [#376]
Hi Mr. Yuri,

> 1. Now when I open MoI with Darktheme I see almost all icons (or sections?) collapsed.
> Is there a way of choosing which sections will be opened at startup. I'm noob-programmer.

Try this - unmaximize the MoI window and stretch out the non-maximized size to be large, then close the window so that will establish the regular non-maximized window size. If the non-maximized window size is small I think that can cause the type of issue you are describing.

> 2. @Michael. maybe hint for later release. Would it be possible to map a command into Options> shortcut keys> map
> a command by clicking on something?

I do want to work on something similar to that in the future.

- Michael
1 Apr 2019   [#380] In reply to [#378]
quote: Mr. Yuri
It happened ever since I installed on fresh install of MoI 4latest beta > Darktheme > CustomUI bar

Clean MoI was fine.

Interesting. Depending on how MoI is calculating the available space, the change of borders and padding with the icons, tabs and panels could possibly affect that. I did try some pretty crazy stuff at times when playing around with what could be accomplished with CSS. I'll keep this bug in mind as I continue to poke around with MoI.

When you say "full HD" display, you're talking about 1920 x 1080, correct?

If this problem persists after you try Michael's suggestion, we'll continue this in my Dark Gray Theme thread so we don't flood this Custom UI thread.

I use MoI 3.0 on Win XP (32-bit at work) and Win 8 (64-bit at home) and don't have problems... and thanks, Michael, for being so practical and reasonable about how you allow people to use the MoI software license. I would not have been able to make my Dark Gray Theme at work, nor practice modelling techniques on my own spare time without your generous stance on licensing. You rock, man!

-- Cody
2 Apr 2019   [#381] In reply to [#380]
I installed the MiniSidepane.js and it is exactly what I wanted, cool!

But it is missing the selection and hide buttons. How do I get these to show?
2 Apr 2019   [#382]
Hi Michael,
your suggestion worked.
When I switched to window mode it was very small.
So I expanded the window, expanded all the sections and set it to full screen.
Now when I open MoI the sections are expanded.

Thanks
Juraj

Show messages:  1-2  …  303-322  323-342  343-362  363-382  383-402  403-422  423-442  …