MoI discussion forum
MoI discussion forum

Full Version: CustomUI

Show messages:  1-11  …  292-311  312-331  332-351  352-371  372-391  392-411  412-431  …  512-522

13 Jan 2019   [#352] In reply to [#351]
My 82 Snapshot.js file was missing from MoiAppData\startup.
Downloaded max's v2 of customui from his website, to downloads folder, extracted, and copied
82 Snapshot to the MoiAppData\startup directory, and the camera (snapshot) is back.

A few other .js files are still missing, maybe messed up with MiniSidepane.js alterations???

- Brian
13 Jan 2019   [#353] In reply to [#352]
Hi Brian, I wouldn't think that MiniSidepane.js alterations would be able to make files go missing... Is it possible you had an older version of it? The latest one from Max's file archive here: http://moi.maxsm.net/media/files/ (look for CustomUI.2.0.beta2.zip) has it, maybe it was missing from previous versions.

- Michael
13 Jan 2019   [#354] In reply to [#353]
Hi Michael, You are likely right. My initial install was for the first beta. It is nice to have link to current version. I keep links to such useful sites in Chrome bookmark bar. (I use snaggit13 quite a bit for window captures, rather than snapshot.)
- Brian
27 Mar 2019   [#355]
Hi All,
I would like to install customUI to MoI 4 latest beta and have it portable but what I read so far I would have to extract the custom UI to appdata of user instead of MoI directory.
Is there any way to customize a MoI4 and have it portable?

Super benefit would be if I won't have to go through same complicated process of customization over again if newer version of MoI is released.

Thanks a lot.
27 Mar 2019   [#356] In reply to [#355]
Hi Mr. Yuri, if you create a folder named "appdata" inside of the MoI portable folder as a sibling to "commands", "ui", etc... then MoI will use that folder as its appdata location instead of the regular spot. So you can use that to make a portable set up of anything that is designed to be in appdata.

> Super benefit would be if I won't have to go through same complicated process of customization
> over again if newer version of MoI is released.

I'd recommend setting up whatever you can inside the appdata folder and then you would just need to copy that folder over into the new version.

- Michael
28 Mar 2019   [#357] In reply to [#356]
What is the moi portable folder?

Just now trying to convert v3 to v4 Beta and now realize that customizations can be separated in the appdir folder instead of install folder but not sure if I need to make a folder in appdir and install ui, script, commands etc there instead?

Thanks!

Jason
28 Mar 2019   [#358] In reply to [#357]
Are people setting up portable MoI on a USB Flash Drive?
- Brian
28 Mar 2019   [#359] In reply to [#357]
Max made an update to the custom UI that moved its i stall to the appdata folder, to stay vompatable with MoI's move to that folder... that is where all things are installed now, excepting MoI's root install dir stuff...

To get your "portable" MoI, you need to have all that appdata dir in your MoI root install location. Wotks just fine.

@bemfarmer

People do!!!! All my MoI installs have been setup this way. It's all on a usb stick. With me wherever i go!
28 Mar 2019   [#360] In reply to [#357]
Hi Brummett,

re:
> What is the moi portable folder?

It's the folder where you have copied the MoI installation. It's for the case where you're using MoI as a "portable" program meaning that it is copied on to a USB drive and can be run directly from the USB drive on another computer.

> Just now trying to convert v3 to v4 Beta and now realize that customizations can be separated
> in the appdir folder instead of install folder but not sure if I need to make a folder in appdir and
> install ui, script, commands etc there instead?

MoI v4 will automatically create folders in appdata for commands and startup scripts. You can put your custom commands in there instead of inside the install folder, that way new installs will see them automatically and you won't have to copy those into a new install.

If you have made a scripts folder in your install you can also create a scripts sub-folder in the Moi appdata folder and put them there.

UI modifications would still need to be applied to the install, but if the UI modification is done by script code rather than static file changes, in v4 you can put the script file in the appdata startup folder so it will be run when MoI launches. Max's CustomUI extension for v4 has been redone to work this way for example.

- Michael
29 Mar 2019   [#361]
Michael, that is very clever to set it in this way.
I mean if program detects "appdata" folder in MoI root it will putt settings from it.
And seems very easy to transfer all customizations to later versions.

Good job.

I also have one question.
How can we edit the icons we see in icon bar at the bottom of the program?
I have there 2 icons "Scripts".
One has stuff from custom UI + ones I copied to commands folder under appdata and other has also stuff from commands folder but it looks same as in my MoIv3.
I think I saw the post somewhere but probably putting wrong keywords into search.

Regards,
Juraj
29 Mar 2019   [#362] In reply to [#361]
Hi Mr. Yuri,

re:
> I also have one question.
> How can we edit the icons we see in icon bar at the bottom of the program?
> I have there 2 icons "Scripts".

The standard ones on the bottom toolbar have PNG icon images in the \ui\icons subfolder inside the main installation folder.

For the ones from CustomUI, those icons are embedded inside the CustomUI script file using a method called base64 encoding which converts a binary file to a text representation.

So for the CustomUI scripts icon you'd need to find the script file for it, probably Scripts.js and then replace the embedded image data inside that file.

Some info on generating base64 encoded images here:
http://moi3d.com/forum/index.php?webtag=MOI&msg=6507.91
http://moi3d.com/forum/index.php?webtag=MOI&msg=6507.290

- Michael
29 Mar 2019   [#363] In reply to [#362]
Thanks for the clarification. So to install the node editor. I would do it in the %AppData%\Moi\(folders shown in archive node editor.zip from Max) ?
29 Mar 2019   [#364] In reply to [#363]
Reason I ask is I can't get this to work. I have Custom UI v2 for beta installed and when I click on NodeEdit button, I just get a blank popup window with nothing?

Image Attachments:
Node_Editor_Install.jpg  Node_Editor_Result.jpg 

29 Mar 2019   [#365] In reply to [#364]
Hi Brummett, I think the node editor is intended to be installed in a folder like:

%appdata%\moi\nodeeditor

Whereas you seem to have it in

%appdata%\moi\commands

The CustomUI v2 tries to run the node editor at moi://appdata/nodeeditor/index.html so that means it's expecting to have a nodeeditor folder as a sibling to "commands" and there should be a file index.html inside there.

- Michael
29 Mar 2019   [#366] In reply to [#365]
Ah ha! that was it. Thanks a ton, driving me nutso..
30 Mar 2019   [#367]
Hi Brummett,
may I ask how you got the bottom to be 2 rows instead of one?

And I'm also interested in nodeeditor to try it out, but post I found references to are old from 2015.
Where did you download working latest nodeeditor with nodes?

Thanks,
Juraj
30 Mar 2019   [#368] In reply to [#367]
Hi Mr. Yuri,
I installed the custom UI that addresses that issue. I believe it's the version "Dark Gray Theme (MoI 4.0 beta) - Custom UI Bar.zip" I had to install and uninstall and test to find the one that worked out of the various .zip files there. The order of installation is important as you need to read in the author (Cody's) description below his screen grabs.

http://moi3d.com/forum/messages.php?webtag=MOI&msg=9242.1

The nodeeditor I installed was Max Smirnov's latest build from his web site here:

http://moi.maxsm.net/nodeeditor/

Jason
31 Mar 2019   [#369]
Hi Michael,
took me a while to realize that your reply was on actually editing the icon images (icons).

My bad to phrase it like that.
First: Now I know this can be done. :) But it's too much work for me and default icons looks OK to me

Second: My question should be "how can I add/remove icons that are at the bottom pane?" I have slidebar below which is quite irritating to work with and there are commands (icons) I can remove from the bottom.

Thanks,
Juraj
31 Mar 2019   [#370] In reply to [#369]
Hi Juraj,

In your installation folder, there should be a "startup" folder. I believe those are the buttons that you wish to remove.

Rename the files that you don't want to have by adding an underscore in front... "05 Select Buttons.js" becomes "_05 Select Buttons.js" The number in front also controls the order in which they appear.

Let us know if you wish to change specific buttons within those JS files and we can provide more instruction for that.

-- Cody
31 Mar 2019   [#371] In reply to [#369]
Hi Yuri,
For MoI4Beta
For Windows, under %Appdata%...Moi/startup, (or your equivalent), there are icons such as the 6 align icons.
By renaming "50 Align Buttons.js" to "50 Align Buttons.BAKjs", with out ", the 6 align icons no longer appear at the bottom of the MoI screen.
- Brian
(The underline preface method of Cody did not work for me...(?))
- prefix used to work, to disable, but no longer(?)
(HiDef monitor is very nice.)

Show messages:  1-11  …  292-311  312-331  332-351  352-371  372-391  392-411  412-431  …  512-522