MoI discussion forum
MoI discussion forum

Full Version: CustomUI

Show messages:  1-18  …  279-298  299-318  319-338  339-358  359-378  379-398  399-418  …  519-522

25 Oct 2018   [#339] In reply to [#338]
Hi TheSpur, the modified CommandBar.htm file for MoI v3 is contained inside the CustomUI.1.03.win.mac.zip which is an attachment on the first message of this thread, go to the bottom of the first message to find the attachments.

It's inside of the \ui subfolder inside that .zip . To install it, the contents of the .zip file are meant to be copied to MoI's main program directory, so there would be new sub-folders for objects and snapshots that are children of the main installation folder, and the contents of the .zip's ui directory should go into MoI's existing ui folder, overwriting the existing CommandBar.htm file.

- Michael
10 Dec 2018   [#340] In reply to [#1]

Hello Everyone,

I am new to using Moi and came across this awesome feature.
However I can’t seem to get the icons to appear in Moi. I am using version 3.0 can anyone help ?

The first instruction for installation is backup/ui/CommandBar ?

Really noob question but I have no idea what this means ?

Thank you in advance

10 Dec 2018   [#341] In reply to [#340]
This means that you must maybe save your original folder ui/CommandBar in your favorite save place in case of problem with your future UI! ;)
10 Dec 2018   [#342] In reply to [#340]
Hi Takeda, yes part of the installation of the CustomUI extension is that it overwrites one of MoI's files, it's a file named CommandBar.htm that is in the \ui sub-folder inside of MoI's main installation.

So the backup step means to save your original CommandBar.htm file somewhere else so if you have any problem you can restore the original back again without needing to do a full re-install.

- Michael

Message 6507.343 was deleted

29 Dec 2018   [#344]
Hi, Where can I find light options addon? I found one that didnt work with this plugin. Thx
29 Dec 2018   [#345] In reply to [#344]
Hi Tharso,

re:
> Hi, Where can I find light options addon? I found one that didnt work with this plugin. Thx

Which version of CustomUI are you using - the one for MoI v3 or the one for MoI v4?

- Michael
13 Jan 2019   [#346]
Just tried to apply CustomUI to new beta, but it doesn't worl correctly - scripts, object and lighting options folders are empty. Anyone has CustomUI setup which works for last beta?
13 Jan 2019   [#347] In reply to [#346]
Hi glmr,
The latest version of customUI works very well when installed properly in MoI4 beta.
Are you Mac or Windows?
- Brian
13 Jan 2019   [#348] In reply to [#347]
I am on Windows. MoI 4.0 beta Oct-17-2018

UPD: I'm an idiot who doesn't read instructions. Now it works.
13 Jan 2019   [#349] In reply to [#348]
UPD2: can't find snapshot button even with correct installation
13 Jan 2019   [#350] In reply to [#349]
My camera icon is also missing in MoI4beta. It is present in MoI3.
13 Jan 2019   [#351] In reply to [#349]
Hi glmr,

re: UPD2: can't find snapshot button even with correct installation

Is there a file Snapshot.js located in your MoI appdata\startup folder?

- Michael
13 Jan 2019   [#352] In reply to [#351]
My 82 Snapshot.js file was missing from MoiAppData\startup.
Downloaded max's v2 of customui from his website, to downloads folder, extracted, and copied
82 Snapshot to the MoiAppData\startup directory, and the camera (snapshot) is back.

A few other .js files are still missing, maybe messed up with MiniSidepane.js alterations???

- Brian
13 Jan 2019   [#353] In reply to [#352]
Hi Brian, I wouldn't think that MiniSidepane.js alterations would be able to make files go missing... Is it possible you had an older version of it? The latest one from Max's file archive here: http://moi.maxsm.net/media/files/ (look for CustomUI.2.0.beta2.zip) has it, maybe it was missing from previous versions.

- Michael
13 Jan 2019   [#354] In reply to [#353]
Hi Michael, You are likely right. My initial install was for the first beta. It is nice to have link to current version. I keep links to such useful sites in Chrome bookmark bar. (I use snaggit13 quite a bit for window captures, rather than snapshot.)
- Brian
27 Mar 2019   [#355]
Hi All,
I would like to install customUI to MoI 4 latest beta and have it portable but what I read so far I would have to extract the custom UI to appdata of user instead of MoI directory.
Is there any way to customize a MoI4 and have it portable?

Super benefit would be if I won't have to go through same complicated process of customization over again if newer version of MoI is released.

Thanks a lot.
27 Mar 2019   [#356] In reply to [#355]
Hi Mr. Yuri, if you create a folder named "appdata" inside of the MoI portable folder as a sibling to "commands", "ui", etc... then MoI will use that folder as its appdata location instead of the regular spot. So you can use that to make a portable set up of anything that is designed to be in appdata.

> Super benefit would be if I won't have to go through same complicated process of customization
> over again if newer version of MoI is released.

I'd recommend setting up whatever you can inside the appdata folder and then you would just need to copy that folder over into the new version.

- Michael
28 Mar 2019   [#357] In reply to [#356]
What is the moi portable folder?

Just now trying to convert v3 to v4 Beta and now realize that customizations can be separated in the appdir folder instead of install folder but not sure if I need to make a folder in appdir and install ui, script, commands etc there instead?

Thanks!

Jason
28 Mar 2019   [#358] In reply to [#357]
Are people setting up portable MoI on a USB Flash Drive?
- Brian

Show messages:  1-18  …  279-298  299-318  319-338  339-358  359-378  379-398  399-418  …  519-522