MoI discussion forum
MoI discussion forum

Full Version: CustomUI

Show messages:  1-12  13-32  33-52  53-72  73-92  93-112  …  513-522

9 Feb 2014   [#33] In reply to [#24]
Disable all modules, etc.. how? Thanks
9 Feb 2014   [#34]
Hi Michael!
>>So what is it that you are missing from the built in stuff, was it just a "directory exists" function in addition to fileExists or was it other stuff as well?
It would be great to get folowing filesystem functions:
moi.settings.getExePath() - returns absolute path to the program directory
moi.filesystem.dirExists(path)
moi.filesystem.deleteFile(path)
moi.filesystem.moveFile(path1, path2)
moi.filesystem.shellExecute(executable file, parameters) - I know this function already exists, but it can't start programs with parameters

>>moi.filesystem.getFiles( 'c:\\somedir', '*' );
Unfortunatelly it doesn't work.
9 Feb 2014   [#35]
I wrote a new version of the CustomInit.js (win version)
Check the first post. All ActiveX functions are removed.

raytownmike,
Put "-" symbol at the beginning of the filename.
I wrote about it in the first post. ;)
9 Feb 2014   [#36]
Hi Max
On mac, CostumUI is looking for Moi.exe but that is hidden inside the progrm pack Moi. it end up with that CostumUI is not launched
9 Feb 2014   [#37] In reply to [#36]
Hi hep
Thank you very much for testing.
Does the previous version works good?
9 Feb 2014   [#38]
Hi Max
So far ther are no issues with the previous version.
9 Feb 2014   [#39] In reply to [#38]
Hi Max,
So the change allows the plug to run and prompts me to select the moi.exe only once. Thanks.

So the only thing left is the snapshots and object library (things writing to the filesystem) don't work without the UAC setting.

For me, the snapshots I already have some custom stuff setup. The object library's objects are usable. So I can run MoI as admin to populate it, then use at my leisure.

So, I don't need to request a bunch of changes to use it. But just keep that in mind for the next time when you dig around in this area to see if you can solve it (Your requests to Michael may do that).

Thanks again for sharing your work. It is very useful!
Burr
9 Feb 2014   [#40] In reply to [#39]
Hi BurrMan

Snapshot uses only built-in functions.. I haven't any ideas at the moment. :(
Maybe Michael will give us some advices.
9 Feb 2014   [#41]
This is fantastic , thank you very much for your work, I especially love the object library,
Can I change the snapshot.htm to save as a jpg rather than a png ? Is that difficult ?
cheers
shayne
10 Feb 2014   [#42] In reply to [#40]
Hi Max & Burr,

re:

> Snapshot uses only built-in functions.. I haven't any ideas at the moment. :(
> Maybe Michael will give us some advices.

Where is this trying to write to, is it somewhere alongside moi.exe ?

That can be a problem because since Windows Vista programs running at the "regular" privilege level are forbidden file write access to anything in the "Program Files" directory as a security measure.

That's why the moi.ini file for example is by default written to %AppData%\Moi instead of written along side MoI.exe . So usually if you want to write any kind of file data it's best to write it over there to the same place where moi.ini is going...

- Michael
10 Feb 2014   [#43] In reply to [#42]
Just a heads up on the snapshot and object library permissions.

A workaround for now would be to give the particular account your using at least the modify permission. Here's the steps so you can run MoI normally with this plug.

Right click object/snapshots folder and choose

Properties-security-edit

Add-advanced-find now and select your user account from the list and choose ok.ok.

Give the account at least the "modify" permissions.

You can do this with other lessor accounts, Like "user" but it's best to just stick with yours as the user right.

Anyway.......It may be possible to have the inherits work correctly if Max strips out any permissions from the folders before he zips them up. Like ve sure they all have the "everyone-fuil" permission. Then "my" inheritable permissions should take over?

I'm not sure about the last part, but if Max wants to test it I will.
10 Feb 2014   [#44] In reply to [#42]
Michael,
Max's plug has 2 folder in the MoI install dir. One named objects and one named snapshots. (just empty folders to receive data)

They are not getting modify permissions so are blocked and the plug doesn't produce anything.

I made a suggestion to see if it would help.
10 Feb 2014   [#45] In reply to [#44]
Hi Burr & Max - I'd recommend putting these folders inside the %AppData%\Moi folder, rather than inside the MoI install folder in Program Files.

If you put it under %AppData% you should not need any special permissions set up and it will work fine with UAC enabled, and also the stuff in them would be stored in a central location so it would be easier for it to work across different beta releases without having to move stuff between install folders with each release.

In the future I plan on storing more customized stuff in %AppData%\Moi because of these reasons... It's because of these same reasons that moi.ini is stored there currently as well.

- Michael
10 Feb 2014   [#46] In reply to [#45]
""""""I'd recommend putting these folders inside the %AppData%\Moi folder""""""""""

Hi Michael,
But there should also be a means to keep them in the install folder. I keep all my stuff there, because I also use MoI on a usb stick, and the conveinience of that is very powerful for me. I like the "standalone" part of MoI.

I would like to test with Max if stripping permissions off first will solve the permissions inheritance issue.
10 Feb 2014   [#47]
Hi BurrMan,
The Objects folder in the MoI folder is just an example. Object library plugin can use any folder specified in the ObjLibrary.cfg.htm
Could you test the plugin with a different folders?
10 Feb 2014   [#48] In reply to [#46]
>I'd recommend putting these folders inside the %AppData%\Moi folder

I have to agree, not liking storing stuff in the applications install directory.

-
10 Feb 2014   [#49] In reply to [#47]
Hi Max,
So I created a folder inside of MoI's install dir and it didn't work. However I created one on my desktop and it did work.

So maybe we need to just setup a "my docs" folder? Or a means to set the path from inside the plug.
10 Feb 2014   [#50] In reply to [#46]
Hi Burr,

> But there should also be a means to keep them in the install folder.

So probably it would be best to have the same behavior as moi.ini - by default moi.ini will get created in %AppData%\Moi , for these same reasons such as not running into permissions problems with not being able to write to Program files by default.

But before doing that, MoI checks if there is an existing moi.ini file in the same directory as moi.exe , and if that exists and has write access then it uses that one.

- Michael
10 Feb 2014   [#51] In reply to [#50]
I havnt tested it yet, but I'm assuming that Max's plug works great "as-is" on a usb stick.

So, a means to select the user folders for snapshot and objects. Can this be done from his plug with a dialogue? or does it have to be a hand edit?

Maybe these can be set the same as the exepath entry in the inifile that he's doing now?
10 Feb 2014   [#52] In reply to [#51]
Now that I think about it, setting the path to somewhere else and storing it in the ini file is probably good. I wouldn't want to have to lug around a 10 gig "object data store".... :o

Of course, it works great on a usb stick with no mods made. Just tested.

I suppose I could live with manually setting the data paths.... I really want to see the cloth script! lol

Show messages:  1-12  13-32  33-52  53-72  73-92  93-112  …  513-522