MoI discussion forum
MoI discussion forum

Full Version: CustomUI

Show messages:  1-2  …  123-142  143-162  163-182  183-202  203-222  223-242  243-262  …

22 Sep 2014   [#183] In reply to [#182]
Thanks Max thats neat
Is there any way that it can save the set positions on moi close , as it forgets what you set
cheers
shayne
2 Oct 2014   [#184] In reply to [#182]
Is there additional instructions to get this to work? I could find no customui folder in the MoI ui directory, so i created one and put the htm file there but it does not show when I run MoI. What am I missing?
2 Oct 2014   [#185] In reply to [#184]
Hi Don, if I remember right I think you need to unzip the file into MoI's main installation folder.

That will then replace one of Moi's .htm files inside the \ui folder to show the additional UI, and that will also then create the CustomUI folder for you during that unzipping process since it's stored in the .zip file.

- Michael
2 Oct 2014   [#186] In reply to [#184]
Post 1 has instructions. It can be easy, but for me it was hard to do it the first time, back with Moi3Betas.

Recently, I placed the CustomUI...zip file in the x86/Moi3 directory and unzipped it there. Easy :-)

- Brian
2 Oct 2014   [#187] In reply to [#186]
Thanks Michael and Brian. I got it to install and work.
3 Oct 2014   [#188] In reply to [#187]
The only thing you should watch out for with this type of "install", is Michael may make changes to something like "CommandBar.htm" and you are overwriting with something outdated...

You "Should" understand what is added in something like CommandBar.htm and just make that edit by hand, so you don't break your future installs.......

2 cents....
3 Oct 2014   [#189] In reply to [#188]
Thanks, I probably won't use it anyway. I really just wanted to see what the camera switch did.
5 Oct 2014   [#190] In reply to [#1]
Hello all,

It's been a while since I've visited the forum,
so I'm sorry if this has been covered before.
I couldn't find anything on it.

How does the snapshot option of the CustomUI work?

When I click on it, the screen blinks but doesn't put an image in the snapshot folder.
I have the snapshot folder located in MoI's main folder. Not sure what I am doing wrong.

I have a few other questions, but I thought I'd start out with this one 1st. :-)

Thanks,

Jesse
5 Oct 2014   [#191] In reply to [#190]
what os?
5 Oct 2014   [#192] In reply to [#190]
Hi Jesse, in recent versions of Windows, the operating system tries to prohibit programs from changing anything under c:\Program Files other than when it was installed, as a way to keep things from being messed with by viruses and things like that.

Since the CustomUI Snapshots directory is in there, that means that by default it won't be writable.

But if you give a program elevated privileges it will then allow it to write stuff there.

One way to give a program elevated privileges is to right-click it and choose "Run as administrator". If you do that, does the snapshot function start to work ok for you during that run? If so then you can set it to always run as administrator by right-clicking the shortcut, go to Properties, Compatibility tab and there's a checkbox at the bottom "Run this program as an administrator", if you set that the shortcut will always launch it with elevated privileges.

It would probably be better to have the snapshots folder located somewhere that was writable by default, like under %AppData%\Moi\snapshots, that way it would work without needing the program to have elevated privileges.

- Michael
6 Oct 2014   [#193] In reply to [#190]
Hi Jesse,

I agree with Michael with keeping your data out of the Programs directory and putting it somewhere else you can do that following these instructions earlier on this thread http://moi3d.com/forum/index.php?webtag=MOI&msg=6507.53

Did the same thing with the objects.

Cheers
6 Nov 2014   [#194] In reply to [#1]
Hi, is customUI now valid for moi3D ?
thakx
6 Nov 2014   [#195] In reply to [#194]
Yes. CustomUI works great with MoI 3.0
8 Nov 2014   [#196] In reply to [#195]
Hi Max, I just installed the CustomUI on my Mac and really like it. Great work! Thank you.
Please can you advice regarding the lightning button, it currenly says no Options Add on found. Where can I find that add on and where would I need to copy it?

Thank you
Tarek
8 Nov 2014   [#197] In reply to [#196]
HI TAREK

I just had to figure this out again recently, when installing on my laptop.

Max and PILOU answered this question many posts back.

Dino's lightingoptions htm file needs to be copied to the Moi ui folder.
It is located at post 48 here: http://moi3d.com/forum/index.php?webtag=MOI&msg=5222.48

Part of the answer is post 82, here: http://moi3d.com/forum/index.php?webtag=MOI&msg=6507.82
(Open Moi and visit Options/View/LightingOption. Just visit, no need to do anything.)

- Brian
8 Nov 2014   [#198] In reply to [#197]
Thank you Brian,

All worked well after I followed the posts. Much appreciated.

Tarek
19 Nov 2014   [#199]
i am new to moi. i installed the custom ui and it looks great, but i do not see gear or bearing under my objects tab. have i done something wrong? any help is appreciated. thanks

joe

oh...i forgot to mention i am still working off the trial version with intent to purchase. sort of trying to decide between moi and cubify
19 Nov 2014   [#200] In reply to [#199]
Deleted due to incorrect statements :-)
19 Nov 2014   [#201] In reply to [#199]
Hi joe,

> i am new to moi. i installed the custom ui and it looks great, but i do not see gear or
> bearing under my objects tab. have i done something wrong? any help is appreciated. thanks

No, you have done nothing wrong - that is normal. The Objects tab is primarily meant to hold objects that you yourself create, there are a couple ones in there as demos but the specific demo ones have changed from time to time and the current one just does not happen to have the gear or bearing included as part of the demo objects.

- Michael
28 Nov 2014   [#202]
Snapshot
-------------
Shift + click = resolution x 2
Ctrl + Shift + click = resolution x 3

Doesn't work with my Mac /OS.

Image Attachments:
Bildschirmfoto 2014-11-28 um 13.57.45.png 

Show messages:  1-2  …  123-142  143-162  163-182  183-202  203-222  223-242  243-262  …