MoI discussion forum
MoI discussion forum

Full Version: CustomUI

Show messages:  1-2  …  103-122  123-142  143-162  163-182  183-202  203-222  223-242  …

2 May 2014   [#163]
Brian, I had to do the same. Took a bit to figure out the issue. You have to love computers...
Ron
2 May 2014   [#164] In reply to [#162]
Hi Brian,

> So maybe it is best to uninstall old MoI betas?

Normally I'd recommend keeping an old beta around for at least a couple of weeks after a new beta is out, just in case there are any new bugs in the new beta that get in your way.

For the case of CustomUI in particular you will need to edit its path to go the new beta.

- Michael
2 May 2014   [#165] In reply to [#164]
Thank you Michael :-)
28 Jun 2014   [#166]
All scripts have been rewritten using newest filesystem functions. Mac users now can rename and delete objects in the Object library.
Check the first post for update.

P.S. Added CustomUI version of the Dinos Script Palette script. http://moi3d.com/forum/lmessages.php?webtag=MOI&msg=5993.1
28 Jun 2014   [#167] In reply to [#166]
Cool :)

Does the manual of the first page is changed ?
28 Jun 2014   [#168] In reply to [#167]
Hi Pilou
I changed scripts only.
28 Jun 2014   [#169] In reply to [#168]
Thx for the info! So no new translation to make! :)
28 Jun 2014   [#170] In reply to [#168]
Hi Max,
Can you help me with one edit I need to make?

For the path of a scripts directory has changed.

In the previous version, for the mods/ExtScripts.menu.htm there was a line like this to set a path to a folder:

var files = moi.filesystem.getFiles(moi.command.getOption('ExePath', false)+"\\commands", '*.js' ), scom = [];

Where "commands" is a folder to look in.....

The new version has this line:

var files = moi.filesystem.getFiles(moi.filesystem.getCommandsDir(), '*.js' ), scom = [];

How is this line modified to set a custom directory?

Thanks....
29 Jun 2014   [#171] In reply to [#170]
Hi Burr, do you mean you want the custom directory to be one that's inside the installation folder like alongside "ui" and "commands" ?

If so you could do this:

var files = moi.filesystem.getFiles(moi.filesystem.getProcessDir()+"\\commands", '*.js' ), scom = [];

that should be the equivalent of the old one, it will get the location of the folder where MoI.exe is in, then stick \commands at the end of that, replace commands with what you need same as you did before.

- Michael
29 Jun 2014   [#172] In reply to [#166]
And thanks Max for updating this to work for Mac users too!

- Michael
29 Jun 2014   [#173] In reply to [#171]
Hi Michael,
Yes that was it... It was the difference between getCommandsDir and the getProcessDir you posted. I was trying a few variations with crashing, but was only changing the "+\\folder" part....

Thanks for responding in on that....

Burr
29 Jun 2014   [#174] In reply to [#170]
Hi Burr,

now you can set any directory you want (check the first post).
Update mods/ExtScripts.menu.htm
Create mods/ExtScripts.cfg.htm file with the following content:
MOI\commands
MOI\commands\myscripts
29 Jun 2014   [#175]
Thanks, works perfectly on new beta.
M.
29 Jun 2014   [#176] In reply to [#174]
Thanks max... i will check out the cfg file too. It sounds handy. I needed the other one because i setup 2 extension scripts with 2 buttons in the commandbar....
30 Jun 2014   [#177]
Thanks Michael for the latest Beta
In case anyone is interested , on the windows version to easily get my Moi beta back up and running with scripts and custom UI I do this

from the old beta version ( call it old ) I
Copy sidepane.htm from old UI into new UI (mine opens construct and transform at once).
Copy saveas.js and save.js from old commands into new commands overwrite the new ones (mine save a jpg also).

Copy all of the commands folder from old into the new commands folder but do not replace or overwrite anything in there.
This puts any commands you use like ringcircle etc in there

I copy the following so I know where they are.
Copy your moi.ini into the main moi directory of new
Copy your template file in there also
Copy your licience key into moi directory

Installation: of custumui.
- Backup /ui/CommandBar.htm (I just copy to the desktop)
- Extract CustomUI archive into the MoI directory

delete objects in new objects folder
Copy your objects from old objects file to new objects
copy snapshot.htm from old customui to new customui (mine is set to save as a jpg)
rename any parts of custom UI with a - in front that you don't want (I don't use the align buttons)
cheers
shayne
30 Jun 2014   [#178] In reply to [#177]
Hi Shayne, apart from your sidepane.htm, saveas.js and save.js if you uninstall the previous beta all custom scripts and custom directories will be left behind then it's just a matter copy and paste, the only thing to replace is Max's CommandBar.htm

-
17 Sep 2014   [#179]
Hi guys, I am getting this error. When it does load, there is nothing visually different about the UI?

Image Attachments:
Capture.PNG 

17 Sep 2014   [#180] In reply to [#179]
Hi yakas, that error probably means you are using an older beta release - that function that the error mentions is only in the most current v3 beta, the Jun-27-2014 version which you can get from here: http://moi3d.com/beta.htm

- Michael
17 Sep 2014   [#181] In reply to [#180]
Wow, that was fast. Works fine, woo hoo!
22 Sep 2014   [#182]
Camera switcher for CustomUI :)

put .htm file in /ui/customui/ folder

right click - save camera position
left click - load camera position

Show messages:  1-2  …  103-122  123-142  143-162  163-182  183-202  203-222  223-242  …