MoI discussion forum
MoI discussion forum

Full Version: CustomUI

Show messages:  1-12  …  93-112  113-132  133-152  153-172  173-192  193-212  213-232  …  513-522

30 Mar 2014   [#153] In reply to [#147]
Hi BurrMan, hi Mike,

thanks a lot - now the buttons appear ..

Moritz
5 Apr 2014   [#154]
This Addon is sooo cool!
i always wanted a object library. and it so easy to use and manage!!! :-)
please Keep working on it. it's worth.
6 Apr 2014   [#155]
Does it possible to have inside the ExtScriptsFull the list of the lines scripts who are inside the Options / ShortCuts keys button?

Now we have the possibility to make a button on the bottom bar with an icon but just a text inside the list ?
6 Apr 2014   [#156] In reply to [#155]
Hey Frenchy,
I put all my inline scripts into js files and keep them in a folder named "scripts" in MoI's root.

Then I made a second custom ui command bar icon that looks in that folder...

Image Attachments:
custom_ui_bar.jpg 

6 Apr 2014   [#157] In reply to [#156]
Cool!
The js file must have a particular syntax or we just put the lines script inside ?
Have you an example text with 2 lines scripts ?
6 Apr 2014   [#158] In reply to [#157]
Just paste your inline scripts into notepad then do a save and manaully type the .js extension.

Not sure what you mean by an example?
6 Apr 2014   [#159] In reply to [#158]
Ok Frenchy I figured out what you were asking.

You don't put "all your inline scripts" into 1 single file. You make a single js file for each one. Then, the name of that file is available to MoI's command entry area by typing the name, and Max's ui plug will also read them and display them....

So file "100GradientStyles.js" contains this text:

script: /* Make gradient styles */ var red = 12, green = 15, blue = 20; for ( var i = 1; i <= 100; ++i ) { var style = moi.geometryDatabase.addStyle(); style.name = 'Gradient ' + i; style.color = ((red%256)<<16) | ((green%256)<<8) | (blue%256); red += 2; green += 3; blue += 7; }
6 Apr 2014   [#160] In reply to [#159]
one file by script :)
It's not so bad!
But I am sure than Smirnov of Michael can make better! :)
12 Apr 2014   [#161] In reply to [#147]
Hi guys,

I just rebooted my aging Dell Precision 390 workstation from WinXP Pro to Win7 Enterprise (both 32 bit) since MS dropped XP support this month. I just added the Custom UI to my clean March MoI Beta install. Wow, this is so cool! I love MoI and you just made it better, THANK YOU to all involved!!!

Like some others in this thread I had some issues with things not working such as Snapshot and the "+" feature in the Object Lib. All of that has been resolved by running MoI in Admin Mode.

Only one minor issue is still lingers and that is the view-port nav buttons disappearing for a while and then coming back after a while. The "Reset all" button in the panel always works so this is not major but oddly I can't seem to nail down what will bring it back up. I may have to do a few operations to the model in a given view-port or hit the "Reset all" button and they will appear in one view. But if I leave that view to work in another view it will not come up in the active one.

If any one has a solution that would be very helpful.

Thanks,
David W.
2 May 2014   [#162]
The custom UI has not been working correctly for the Mar-24-2014 MoI beta, on my windows7 computer.
I could not figure out why a newly added script would not be updated in the custom UI. It did occasionally update,
after the new file was also added to the previous MoI beta command folder. So it is not a cache issue.

I finally edited the ini file, accessed from the MoI program, and found that the file directory was set for the prior MoI beta.
After editing the ini file to the correct C:\Program Files\Moi 3.0 beta Mar-24-2014, the custom UI is working correctly again.

I do not know how the problem originated. Maybe from importing a .3dm?
The previous MoI beta is now uninstalled and deleted.
So maybe it is best to uninstall old MoI betas?

- Brian
2 May 2014   [#163]
Brian, I had to do the same. Took a bit to figure out the issue. You have to love computers...
Ron
2 May 2014   [#164] In reply to [#162]
Hi Brian,

> So maybe it is best to uninstall old MoI betas?

Normally I'd recommend keeping an old beta around for at least a couple of weeks after a new beta is out, just in case there are any new bugs in the new beta that get in your way.

For the case of CustomUI in particular you will need to edit its path to go the new beta.

- Michael
2 May 2014   [#165] In reply to [#164]
Thank you Michael :-)
28 Jun 2014   [#166]
All scripts have been rewritten using newest filesystem functions. Mac users now can rename and delete objects in the Object library.
Check the first post for update.

P.S. Added CustomUI version of the Dinos Script Palette script. http://moi3d.com/forum/lmessages.php?webtag=MOI&msg=5993.1
28 Jun 2014   [#167] In reply to [#166]
Cool :)

Does the manual of the first page is changed ?
28 Jun 2014   [#168] In reply to [#167]
Hi Pilou
I changed scripts only.
28 Jun 2014   [#169] In reply to [#168]
Thx for the info! So no new translation to make! :)
28 Jun 2014   [#170] In reply to [#168]
Hi Max,
Can you help me with one edit I need to make?

For the path of a scripts directory has changed.

In the previous version, for the mods/ExtScripts.menu.htm there was a line like this to set a path to a folder:

var files = moi.filesystem.getFiles(moi.command.getOption('ExePath', false)+"\\commands", '*.js' ), scom = [];

Where "commands" is a folder to look in.....

The new version has this line:

var files = moi.filesystem.getFiles(moi.filesystem.getCommandsDir(), '*.js' ), scom = [];

How is this line modified to set a custom directory?

Thanks....
29 Jun 2014   [#171] In reply to [#170]
Hi Burr, do you mean you want the custom directory to be one that's inside the installation folder like alongside "ui" and "commands" ?

If so you could do this:

var files = moi.filesystem.getFiles(moi.filesystem.getProcessDir()+"\\commands", '*.js' ), scom = [];

that should be the equivalent of the old one, it will get the location of the folder where MoI.exe is in, then stick \commands at the end of that, replace commands with what you need same as you did before.

- Michael
29 Jun 2014   [#172] In reply to [#166]
And thanks Max for updating this to work for Mac users too!

- Michael

Show messages:  1-12  …  93-112  113-132  133-152  153-172  173-192  193-212  213-232  …  513-522