MoI discussion forum
MoI discussion forum

Full Version: CustomUI

Show messages:  1-2  …  83-102  103-122  123-142  143-162  163-182  183-202  203-222  …

29 Mar 2014   [#143] In reply to [#1]
Max,

Your CustomUI is great!
But I think that I'm doing something wrong.
I've got the latest March beta up and running with your CustomUI. The Ext Scripts come up OK with scripts that I already had installed but I can't get the list to update to show new scripts (eg Michael's Csec script) that I've copied to the Command folder in the new beta.
I'm running Windows 8.1 64 bit.

Mike.
29 Mar 2014   [#144] In reply to [#143]
""""""""""The Ext Scripts come up OK with scripts that I already had installed but I can't get the list to update to show new scripts """"""""""

Me too.
29 Mar 2014   [#145]
Hi to all,

the CustumUI looks great - but where is the ViewReset-Button in each of the views? I need it very often ...

Moritz

Image Attachments:
ViewReset.png 

29 Mar 2014   [#146] In reply to [#145]
****************but where is the ViewReset-Button in each of the views?

It's present for me, both in the latest (March) beta and the previous (November) beta.
Windows 8.1 64 bit.
Mike.
29 Mar 2014   [#147] In reply to [#145]
The viewport nav buttons disappear with an inactive viewport. Active viewport and they appear dimmed. Mouseover brings them opaque...
29 Mar 2014   [#148] In reply to [#143]
Hi Mike,
"""""""""""""""""The Ext Scripts come up OK with scripts that I already had installed but I can't get the list to update to show new scripts """"""""""""""

So this is the case for me too. I thinks it's a permissions issue. If I run MoI as admin then the newly added things will appear. This UI is doing some filesystem stuff, so regular dragging and dropping of the files/folders between betas now will most likely create these issues.

I'll take a slow look at the various permissions (have to go back and track down the Ui's workflow) Then see if I can suggest the rights assignment to the file that's is causing the issue.

Burr
29 Mar 2014   [#149] In reply to [#148]
Burr,

---------------If I run MoI as admin then the newly added things will appear.

Not for me, unfortunately, 'cos I could live with that no problem.

I've checked the security settings for the scripts that do load against those that don't and can see no difference between them.

Mike.
30 Mar 2014   [#150] In reply to [#149]
""""Not for me, unfortunately,""""""""""""""

Ok I got it... It's not permissions. It's the exepath entry in the ini file. Mine was still pointing to the old beta.

Set that path to the new beta folder and see what you get.
30 Mar 2014   [#151] In reply to [#150]
On first launch of the new beta I had an error message stating couldn't find customui directory and a file dialogue box asking me where Moi.exe was, pointed to it and everything works as it should.
If you still have your previous beta installed get rid of it then try again.

~Danny~
30 Mar 2014   [#152] In reply to [#150]
Wonderful!

Many thanks.

Mike.
30 Mar 2014   [#153] In reply to [#147]
Hi BurrMan, hi Mike,

thanks a lot - now the buttons appear ..

Moritz
5 Apr 2014   [#154]
This Addon is sooo cool!
i always wanted a object library. and it so easy to use and manage!!! :-)
please Keep working on it. it's worth.
6 Apr 2014   [#155]
Does it possible to have inside the ExtScriptsFull the list of the lines scripts who are inside the Options / ShortCuts keys button?

Now we have the possibility to make a button on the bottom bar with an icon but just a text inside the list ?
6 Apr 2014   [#156] In reply to [#155]
Hey Frenchy,
I put all my inline scripts into js files and keep them in a folder named "scripts" in MoI's root.

Then I made a second custom ui command bar icon that looks in that folder...

Image Attachments:
custom_ui_bar.jpg 

6 Apr 2014   [#157] In reply to [#156]
Cool!
The js file must have a particular syntax or we just put the lines script inside ?
Have you an example text with 2 lines scripts ?
6 Apr 2014   [#158] In reply to [#157]
Just paste your inline scripts into notepad then do a save and manaully type the .js extension.

Not sure what you mean by an example?
6 Apr 2014   [#159] In reply to [#158]
Ok Frenchy I figured out what you were asking.

You don't put "all your inline scripts" into 1 single file. You make a single js file for each one. Then, the name of that file is available to MoI's command entry area by typing the name, and Max's ui plug will also read them and display them....

So file "100GradientStyles.js" contains this text:

script: /* Make gradient styles */ var red = 12, green = 15, blue = 20; for ( var i = 1; i <= 100; ++i ) { var style = moi.geometryDatabase.addStyle(); style.name = 'Gradient ' + i; style.color = ((red%256)<<16) | ((green%256)<<8) | (blue%256); red += 2; green += 3; blue += 7; }
6 Apr 2014   [#160] In reply to [#159]
one file by script :)
It's not so bad!
But I am sure than Smirnov of Michael can make better! :)
12 Apr 2014   [#161] In reply to [#147]
Hi guys,

I just rebooted my aging Dell Precision 390 workstation from WinXP Pro to Win7 Enterprise (both 32 bit) since MS dropped XP support this month. I just added the Custom UI to my clean March MoI Beta install. Wow, this is so cool! I love MoI and you just made it better, THANK YOU to all involved!!!

Like some others in this thread I had some issues with things not working such as Snapshot and the "+" feature in the Object Lib. All of that has been resolved by running MoI in Admin Mode.

Only one minor issue is still lingers and that is the view-port nav buttons disappearing for a while and then coming back after a while. The "Reset all" button in the panel always works so this is not major but oddly I can't seem to nail down what will bring it back up. I may have to do a few operations to the model in a given view-port or hit the "Reset all" button and they will appear in one view. But if I leave that view to work in another view it will not come up in the active one.

If any one has a solution that would be very helpful.

Thanks,
David W.
2 May 2014   [#162]
The custom UI has not been working correctly for the Mar-24-2014 MoI beta, on my windows7 computer.
I could not figure out why a newly added script would not be updated in the custom UI. It did occasionally update,
after the new file was also added to the previous MoI beta command folder. So it is not a cache issue.

I finally edited the ini file, accessed from the MoI program, and found that the file directory was set for the prior MoI beta.
After editing the ini file to the correct C:\Program Files\Moi 3.0 beta Mar-24-2014, the custom UI is working correctly again.

I do not know how the problem originated. Maybe from importing a .3dm?
The previous MoI beta is now uninstalled and deleted.
So maybe it is best to uninstall old MoI betas?

- Brian

Show messages:  1-2  …  83-102  103-122  123-142  143-162  163-182  183-202  203-222  …