MoI discussion forum
MoI discussion forum

Full Version: CustomUI

Show messages:  1-12  …  73-92  93-112  113-132  133-152  153-172  173-192  193-212  …  513-522

24 Feb 2014   [#133] In reply to [#132]
Got the interface to show but when I elect objects icon the program crashes.

Image Attachments:
Screen Shot 2014-02-24 at 8.15.52 PM.png 

24 Feb 2014   [#134] In reply to [#133]
Hi mike, I can repeat a crash over here but only if the /objects subdirectory has not been placed.

So my guess is that you don't have that directory in the proper place, maybe go over those previous directions again and double check that you have a directory drive_c/moi/objects, it should contain 6 files, 3 PNGs and 3 3DM files.

You will need both "objects" and "snapshots" directories copied into the right place (into drive_c/moi) in order for this to work.

Both of those should be under drive_c/moi - if you have placed those particular ones under drive_c/moi/ui that's not right.

- Michael
24 Feb 2014   [#135] In reply to [#134]
It seems to be working now. I don't see all the objects that were shown in the first thread, gear,nut, bearing etc..
Thanks for hanging with me on this.
24 Feb 2014   [#136] In reply to [#135]
Hi mike, that's great that you've got it working!

> I don't see all the objects that were shown in the first thread, gear,nut, bearing etc..

That seems to be normal - there's only 3 included by default in this particular package.

I think the main idea is you can add your own objects in there. If you select an object you want to put in there, open that menu and move your mouse to that title text that says "Object library". A plus mark will appear and when you click there it will put up a dialog for you to put in a name and that will make a new entry in the menu.

If you want some objects like that gear and what not, you can get a bunch of stuff like that over at http://grabcad.com .

- Michael
25 Feb 2014   [#137] In reply to [#136]
Thank you for your extraordinary help with this.
25 Feb 2014   [#138] In reply to [#137]
No problem Mike!

- Michael
25 Feb 2014   [#139]
Hi Guys
I was having trouble getting the custom ui to find the lighting presets plugin
I have downloaded the lightingoptions.zip and copied it into the commands folder
it runs from this script on a key script: /* Opens Lighting Options Dialog */ moi.ui.createDialog( 'moi://ui/LightingOptions.htm' );

and would you believe it once I used the above script the custom button works
So problem solved
shayne
27 Mar 2014   [#140]
Hi
I have installed the custom ui into the latest beta Mar24th and it comes up with the error message custom iu folder not found
The customiu folder is in the ui folder does the command.htm need the full path to it?
Moi sits in my program files folder on the C drive
Any ideas
shayne
27 Mar 2014   [#141] In reply to [#140]
Hi Shayno,
It loaded ok over here. The file from MoI's UI is "commandbar.htm" that had an edit to use the custom ui. Did you update your commandbar.htm from the old install to the new one?
27 Mar 2014   [#142]
I think what happened was access was denied by windows to some of the files being extracted into my c drive , so were missing
I moved it elsewhere and redid the customiu install , working now thanks
shayne
29 Mar 2014   [#143] In reply to [#1]
Max,

Your CustomUI is great!
But I think that I'm doing something wrong.
I've got the latest March beta up and running with your CustomUI. The Ext Scripts come up OK with scripts that I already had installed but I can't get the list to update to show new scripts (eg Michael's Csec script) that I've copied to the Command folder in the new beta.
I'm running Windows 8.1 64 bit.

Mike.
29 Mar 2014   [#144] In reply to [#143]
""""""""""The Ext Scripts come up OK with scripts that I already had installed but I can't get the list to update to show new scripts """"""""""

Me too.
29 Mar 2014   [#145]
Hi to all,

the CustumUI looks great - but where is the ViewReset-Button in each of the views? I need it very often ...

Moritz

Image Attachments:
ViewReset.png 

29 Mar 2014   [#146] In reply to [#145]
****************but where is the ViewReset-Button in each of the views?

It's present for me, both in the latest (March) beta and the previous (November) beta.
Windows 8.1 64 bit.
Mike.
29 Mar 2014   [#147] In reply to [#145]
The viewport nav buttons disappear with an inactive viewport. Active viewport and they appear dimmed. Mouseover brings them opaque...
29 Mar 2014   [#148] In reply to [#143]
Hi Mike,
"""""""""""""""""The Ext Scripts come up OK with scripts that I already had installed but I can't get the list to update to show new scripts """"""""""""""

So this is the case for me too. I thinks it's a permissions issue. If I run MoI as admin then the newly added things will appear. This UI is doing some filesystem stuff, so regular dragging and dropping of the files/folders between betas now will most likely create these issues.

I'll take a slow look at the various permissions (have to go back and track down the Ui's workflow) Then see if I can suggest the rights assignment to the file that's is causing the issue.

Burr
29 Mar 2014   [#149] In reply to [#148]
Burr,

---------------If I run MoI as admin then the newly added things will appear.

Not for me, unfortunately, 'cos I could live with that no problem.

I've checked the security settings for the scripts that do load against those that don't and can see no difference between them.

Mike.
30 Mar 2014   [#150] In reply to [#149]
""""Not for me, unfortunately,""""""""""""""

Ok I got it... It's not permissions. It's the exepath entry in the ini file. Mine was still pointing to the old beta.

Set that path to the new beta folder and see what you get.
30 Mar 2014   [#151] In reply to [#150]
On first launch of the new beta I had an error message stating couldn't find customui directory and a file dialogue box asking me where Moi.exe was, pointed to it and everything works as it should.
If you still have your previous beta installed get rid of it then try again.

~Danny~
30 Mar 2014   [#152] In reply to [#150]
Wonderful!

Many thanks.

Mike.

Show messages:  1-12  …  73-92  93-112  113-132  133-152  153-172  173-192  193-212  …  513-522