MoI discussion forum
MoI discussion forum

Full Version: Dark Moi interface by zenox3d

Show messages:  1-20  21-25

11 Jul 2013   [#1]
Hello Everyone,

Today I'v finally finished my moi ui customization by my taste.It looks attractive,but also I payed attention on visibilty of the elements,particularly letters.To change the interface of moi3d I changed some colors,radius borders in moi CSS file,which is in moi ui folder.That was safe for me to change,so at first I changed rgb and hexadecimal background colors,and then I'v found how Michael created code for gradient effects and tried to change the color values and stops percentage there too.The results were amazing,so I copied that code everywhere I could,and I found suitable for my design.I couldn't find easily some graphic elements so Michael helped and pointed me to the right code.Thank you Michael again for you help.For now I will put my version of ui ZIP file,but next time I will create a small tutorial on how you can also create your own custom ui for moi3d,by your taste.Not sure when it will be,cause now I have to focus more on 3d modeling job.Enjoy my customization,I hope you like it.Send me your feedbacks, critics,or suggestions.

note:Please backup(copy somewhere) your original moi.css,for just in case,before overwriting with dark moi ui settings.

It works for V3 beta not for V2.

zip attachment update:Problems with visibility of the color style now solved.Michael created a code and now letters are black and visible on white background.Enjoy
Now you can downloaded and use it if you like.

Attachments:
ultradark moi by zenox3d.zip

Image Attachments:
Moi3d new look7.jpg  moi3d new look8.jpg 

11 Jul 2013   [#2] In reply to [#1]
Hello
Cool work
Seems working fine!

Except i have this as color of gride ?
Does this normal?

PS Your File CSS don't write something out of the interface color?

11 Jul 2013   [#3] In reply to [#2]
Hi Pilou, the grid color and also the viewport background color are preferences you can set in the Options dialog, not something that is defined by the UI files. So yes that's normal that updating the moi.css file will not affect grid color.

The grid color can be set under Options > Grid > "Grid lines" and "Accented grid lines". Click on the color swatch next to the "Color:" label to set those.

The viewport background color is set under Options > View > Colors > "Background color".

- Michael
11 Jul 2013   [#4] In reply to [#3]
Thanks!
11 Jul 2013   [#5]
The method for change something is go to line by by line ? So hyper painful!
Or there is an special interface for change that ?
11 Jul 2013   [#6] In reply to [#2]
Hi Pilou,

Thanx I'm glad you like it my customization.You have to change the background in options-view-colors background as Michael explained you.Here is the screenshot(bottom) of my background settings if you like to look like on mine screenshot.Then for the grid colors enter in to options-grid and fix it as you like.I will post you my settings if you like.Hope my screenshots and explanations helps you.

Regards from Nikola

Here is how to enter to ini file in moi to change you line color or surface color

Changing the colors and types of your grids

How to change your line color when you are in moi ini file with openned gimp and notepad in the same time.Find your desired color on color wheel and see rgb values (for example 0,255,255) and replace it in ini file with your desired color for your line.

My viewport background settings

Image Attachments:
entering to ini file.jpg  grid settings in moi3d.jpg  moi ini file line color changing.jpg  viewport background settings for moi3d.jpg 

11 Jul 2013   [#7] In reply to [#6]
ok :)

11 Jul 2013   [#8]
Seems there is a little problem here! ;)
letters are visible only when we are over the icones!

11 Jul 2013   [#9] In reply to [#5]
Hi Pilou,

> The method for change something is go to line by by line ? So hyper painful!
> Or there is an special interface for change that ?

Are you asking about changing the UI colors or the grid here?

For the grid there is an interface for doing that under Options.

For buttons and things like that, you have to edit the moi.css file inside of a text editor, there are declarations of various rgb colors inside that file, you edit those rgb colors (yes, by editing the text) to change the UI.

- Michael
11 Jul 2013   [#10] In reply to [#8]
Hi Pilou,

> Seems there is a little problem here! ;)
> letters are visible only when we are over the icones!

Add this to the bottom of moi.css and it should make that particular text black again:

code:
body.MenuBodyDark #Container moi\:StateButton .text {
	color:black;
}

- Michael
12 Jul 2013   [#11] In reply to [#10]
Hi Michael,

I had the same problem as Pilou.Now I will update my css file for downloading,it was the last piece of the puzzle.Thanx for your help Michael.

Regards Nikola

Update: For just in case here is the updated code of the ultradark moi ui for you to download,but also the above attachment now is replaced with this update.

Attachments:
ultradark moi by zenox3d.zip

12 Jul 2013   [#12]
<< For buttons and things like that, you have to edit the moi.css file inside of a text editor, there are declarations of various rgb colors inside that file, you edit those rgb colors (yes, by editing the text) to change the UI.

Yes that ! :)
But it's that who is very painful !
With friendly interface for choice colors that will be more funny! (like yours for the Gride and Background's color)
ANd with with some complet presets it will be the top! :=)
12 Jul 2013   [#13]
A general question :)

When we are inside the Menu Options...View Grid Snap etc

Say I am inside the menu Grid
Button "Restaure defaults" restaures the current menu Grid or all the menus? View Grid Snap etc
and about ShortCuts ? all are erased except default in case of a presume general reset?
It's for that i have never pressed this button! :)
12 Jul 2013   [#14] In reply to [#13]
Hi Pilou,

Please don't press "RESTORE TO DEFAULTS" in options,cause it will change everything even your shortcut scripts.That's happends to me so I had to input my scripts from the start.

Regards from Nikola
12 Jul 2013   [#15]
Looks great guys - thanks!
12 Jul 2013   [#16] In reply to [#14]
<< Please don't press "RESTORE TO DEFAULTS" in options,cause it will change everything even your shortcut scripts.

If so maybe a second alert message for confirm will be necessay ?
or put the button Reset on the other side, because some time it's very easy to make an error of clic!
12 Jul 2013   [#17] In reply to [#13]
Hi Pilou,

> Say I am inside the menu Grid
> Button "Restaure defaults" restaures the current menu Grid or all the menus? View Grid Snap etc
> and about ShortCuts ? all are erased except default in case of a presume general reset?
> It's for that i have never pressed this button! :)

When you push the button a secondary dialog pops up that asks whether you want to restore defaults for the current section only or for everything:

If you have the grid section of the Options dialog open and then push "Current section only" on that dialog, only the grid settings should be reset.

It's probably not a bad idea to make a backup of your moi.ini file first before doing that anyway though, just in case. To make a backup, go to %AppData%\moi and make a copy of the moi.ini file in there.

- Michael

Image Attachments:
restore_defaults_dialog.jpg 

14 Jul 2013   [#18] In reply to [#17]
Ok! Very good to know!
18 Jul 2013   [#19]
Great work zenox3d but is it for v3 or V2, or both of them because i tried with V2 and it doesn't work.

Thanks for your reply :)
18 Jul 2013   [#20] In reply to [#19]
Hi,

It is for V3 sorry. I saw on the forum that we can use V3 beta for pro work so I thought most of the people use V3 with new tools and upgrades.Also i didn't know that V2 was programmed different then V3 beta.I will make update for the others too about this issue.

Regards from Zenox3d

Show messages:  1-20  21-25