MoI discussion forum
MoI discussion forum

Full Version: Repair objects v2. (+script)

Show messages: All  1-15  16-18

1 Apr 2018   [#16]
There are so many useful scripts around! And all have to be met somewhere, in the forum discussions, and installed one by one. I think that it is necessary to put them to a scroll, with corresponding icons, (which will appear by clicking a single 'scripts' button somewhere in the ui) and implement all of them in the v.4 as standard tools. This will help very much. I know, there is already such a solution as an add-on but it would be better to have it as a native feature in the app.
1 Apr 2018   [#17] In reply to [#16]
Hi Dimitri - eventually I do want to make a script browser built into MoI. There will be quite a bit of work involved in doing that though so I'm not sure when it will happen, definitely not for v4. Just making a huge list of all existing scripts isn't very workable because many of them are very specialized to help with one person's particular problem.

- Michael
1 Apr 2018   [#18]
'Just making a huge list of all existing scripts isn't very workable because many of them are very specialized to help with one person's particular problem.'

I do understand it Michael but some add-ons are really very often needed and used, so it would be very helpful to have them as native tools in a coming version. Having such tools in a browser which opens by a 'further tools' button on the ui would be of immense help indeed. It will make things very easy to handle. Such a thing would not overcrowd the ui and, in the same time, would give easy access to a variety of important secondary tools.

Show messages: All  1-15  16-18