MoI discussion forum
MoI discussion forum

Full Version: Insufficient Memory Export Issue

Show messages:  1-15  16-21

21 Oct 2017   [#16] In reply to [#15]
Hi Michael,
I am new to the software and am still in the trial period. Is it possible to go ahead and buy the new version to participate in the beta?

Fred
21 Oct 2017   [#17] In reply to [#16]
Hi Fred, I'm sorry but no I don't have any way set up to purchase the new version in advance. It won't be until after the v4 beta period is over and there is a final release out that v4 will be able to be purchased.

- Michael
21 Oct 2017   [#18] In reply to [#16]
Hi ..
I would suggest that you purchase V3 now and then you can participate in the entire year of so of the new beta before V4 is actually released.
MoI 3d is an absolutely wonderful modeling program and the Forum the best forum I have ever seen. I have been using MoI for years and could not live without it.
I'm really looking forward to participating in V4 beta.
eric
23 Oct 2017   [#19] In reply to [#18]
Hi Eric,
That looks like what I will be doing.

Thanks,
Fred
4 Nov 2017   [#20]
My learnings in case it helps anyone else....

Indended work flow
Solidworks exported as STEP, MOI converts to lovely quads in FBX import to Cinema4D

Insufficient memory thing really hampered anything complex.

Exporting IGES from Solidworks instead of STEP gave me very similar results in the end, but was much less susceptible to the 'insufficient memory' barrier

Love Moi, really hope we see V4 soon
8 Nov 2017   [#21] In reply to [#20]
Hi all,

regarding "insufficient memory" issue...

It helps me a lot to change setting of "ThreadLimit=" to "ThreadLimit=1" in moi.ini file. It works probably only one core of processor, export is slower, but I hadn't no problem with memory.

Mik

Show messages:  1-15  16-21