MoI discussion forum
MoI discussion forum

Full Version: Funny thing at the opposite of Moi ;)

Show messages:  1-7  …  108-127  128-147  148-167  168-187  188-207  208-227  228-247  …  2668

8 Dec 2017   [#168] In reply to [#167]
it's more easy than Keyshot! (if possible! )
Perfect for hobbyist for the free price!
All that in 3 seconds!

8 Dec 2017   [#169]
Simlab Composer Light - Lite (free)
menu Render / Exit Parameter any size till 1920 * 1080
menu Render / Environnement parameters = you choose any backgrounds !)

And you can of course change all parameter if you want more advance things! :)

8 Dec 2017   [#170] In reply to [#169]
Ok Pilou.

But...I'm sorry...maybe I didn't understand.

What I need is to know how to, with the "Lite" version, export the rendered image to 1920x1080 png without any background (or transparent background).

Thanks.
8 Dec 2017   [#171] In reply to [#170]
Just look attentively my image above! ;)

If you explore the Menu Background you have to choose a unic color !

So ;) Sorry it's French version but...

And for have your 1920 * 1080 you must pass by the Render Menu!
in fact I believe you can have any size that gives 2 073 600 maxi (pixel) = 1920 *1080 !
8 Dec 2017   [#172] In reply to [#171]
Thanks Pilou for help.

A couple of hours and I'll try your suggestion.
I will let you know the results.

Ciao.
8 Dec 2017   [#173]
If you take the "Default background" of my first image above you will obtain a pure white Background!
white
And if you start with an empty scene you will have only object imported rendered + white background! = easy for clipping! ;)
So

8 Dec 2017   [#174]
PS Of course at the end after all Render parameters / Environnement, Advanced, Exit

Menu Render / To File (F5) :)

For compare versions!
http://www.simlab-soft.com/3d-products/simlab-composer-workbenches.aspx

I love it's simplicity! No headaches! And the free price for the hobbyists :)

8 Dec 2017   [#175]
Maybe this can interest you! :)
(you must have Flash Player installed)

2D Paint Program free Online (maxi 4095 * 4095) - Multi Languages
Maybe the more easy funny excentric toshop like ;)

SumoPaint : https://www.sumopaint.com/home/#app

Thx Patrick for the original image before playing! :)

9 Dec 2017   [#176] In reply to [#166]
Hi Marco
see my screenshot to export in PNG without background
9 Dec 2017   [#177]
My method was for the JPG format! ;)
9 Dec 2017   [#178] In reply to [#177]
you can't have a transparent background with jpeg :)
9 Dec 2017   [#179] In reply to [#178]
Sure :)
But you can use the Magic Wand with tolerance!

JPG is better for have more colors! ;)
9 Dec 2017   [#180] In reply to [#168]
Thanks for the Simlab info, Pilou. I'll have a look at it.
9 Dec 2017   [#181] In reply to [#176]
Hi Finema and Pilou.

Thanks for help :)

Ok.

I've made some considerations.

1) The "Lite" version is not good for me. 1920x1080 is too small. I need "print" resolution (at least A3 300 dpi 3508 pixels x 4961)

2) I'm evaluating the "Pro" version.
During the next days I will test it.
But for sure one thing that is not very good for me is that SimLab is CPU bound while some times ago I've invested my money in a powerful Gtx 1080 Ti,
and I've not invested in a multicore CPU. I have a good i7-7700K.

Actually I already have Thea Render, a blazing fast CPU+GPU rendering engine.
I need a rendering engine that should allow me to use this particular superspeed workflow for rendering of 3D concept models :
I don't want to waste my time in Retopo/UV/Texturing.
I need a rendering engine that should take the exported obj models with mid/high poly count and simply applying premade materials over them and render in one shot.

With Thea Render I can already do this thing with good results.

I want to see if the rendering quality of SimLab with that particular workflow is sufficient for me.
If so, I will accept its "slowness" of CPU bound and I will get a "Pro" license.

I will let you know.

Thanks and have a nice day.
9 Dec 2017   [#182] In reply to [#181]
Hi Marco
What kind of rendering do you want?
Personally, I use keyshot for my renderings of objects, bottles or packaging.
I have tested Simlab Composer 8, and I find the rendering to be quite correct. But nothing replaces the professional rendering of keyshot.
That's my humble opinion.
9 Dec 2017   [#183] In reply to [#182]
Hi Finema.

Thanks for sharing.

@You : "...What kind of rendering do you want?..."

First of all I have to say that KayShot is too much expensive for me and also it's CPU bound.

With that said...

As I said in my previous message I need to perform a particular workflow.
I don't want to waste my time in Retopo/UV/Texturing. These tasks takes too much time for doing "quick" concept rendering.
I need a render engine the that can take the "raw" obj files mid/high poly ocunt exposrted from Moi and/or 3DCoat or other packages
and applying over them premade materials that shoud give good rendering results even if the model has no UV.

All depends on this particular point : giving good rendering results with "raw" objects without any UV map.

For example the rendering engine should not create strange and bad seems or stretch too much the material applied over the objects.

I'm already using other two redner engine for this particular task :

1) Thea Render. It has the main advantage of ultrafast GPU+CPU calculation.
It also offers good rendering quality even with NO Uvmapped objects.

2) 3D-Coat : Some of you already knows how I use 3D-Coat.
I import in 3D-Coat the "raw" objs and I "voxelize" he objects using a very high poly count.
Then I apply "shaders" to the voxels and perform the rendering using the built-in internal 3D-Coat render engine.

No photorealism here and rather simple materials, but very very fast workflow. The fastest possible workflow on a PC.

OK.

With that said, now I want to see how SimLap Pro can deal with NO Uv-mapped objs and what is the rendering quality using its premade material databse.

If the results will have a good rendering quality I could even get rid of the fact that it's CPU bound, and get 1 Pro license.

I hope I made myself clear enough :)

Ciao!
9 Dec 2017   [#184]
In case of Sim Lab Pro versions you have also access of some animations processus! ;)
9 Dec 2017   [#185] In reply to [#183]
Take a look at Octane. Very fast with CUDA video cards.
eric
9 Dec 2017   [#186]
Renderers! One of my favorite subjects! :)

In my many years as a 3D geek I've used these renderers, in chronological order:

01: Sculpt 3D (Commodore Amiga).
02: Turbo Silver (Amiga).
03: Imagine (Amiga and MS-DOS).
04: 3ds Max Scanline renderer (Windows).
05: finalRender for 3ds Max (the first Global Illumination renderer I tried, back in 2000 or so).
06: V-Ray for 3ds Max.
07: Maxwell for 3ds Max.
08: Mental Ray for 3ds Max.
09: iRay for 3ds Max.
10: Blender Render (formerly known as Blender Internal)
11: Blender Cycles (this is one of the two renderers I still use).
12: Luxrender (connected to Blender).
13: Pixar's Renderman (connected to Blender).
14: Keyshot (this is the other one of the two renderers I still use).

On a side note: I've left out the NPR renderers I used in the course of time. :)

To my personal experience, Keyshot is the most user-friendly renderer I've used so far, and Maxwell is the most photorealistic renderer I've used so far. But it's not merely realism I like to see, it's eye-pleasing visual dynamics I'm looking for. Each renderer has its own typical qualities. At the moment I like the look of Cycles and Keyshot renderings the most. But I'm always interested in exciting new tools.

Regards,

Metin

———————

visualization • illustration • design • 3D (print) models — https://metinseven.com
11 Dec 2017   [#187] In reply to [#186]
Hi Marco,

please have a look at Octane web ( https://render.otoy.com/octanebench/results.php?v=3.06.2&sort_by=avg&filter=gtx%201080%20ti&singleGPU=1 ), your graphic card has very good bench mark results, so you can try Octane and compare it to Thea Render, your test in forum are very useful. (+1)

Octane is excellent fast render engine ( https://home.otoy.com/render/octane-render/ ), it has predefined materials, of course, and rendering settings is similar like developing photo from raw file. For instance Octane has predefined colour settings according the most known film materials, (Agfa, Kodak, Fuji) and Octane use node editor for creating scene and materials, so it can be advantage for you as well, maybe.

Max and Zarkow use Octane as well ;-) , but your render via Thea and 3D Coat are nice as well, maybe it will be useful for all of us to start new thread "Rendering, tips and tricks", where we can share rendering and MoI settings or general experiences with rendering sw under one thread "roof"

Ciao
Mik

Show messages:  1-7  …  108-127  128-147  148-167  168-187  188-207  208-227  228-247  …  2668