MoI discussion forum
MoI discussion forum

Full Version: V5-Beta, 13. April 2023, jetzt verfügbar

18 Mar   [#1]
Hallo,
ich arbeite zurzeit mit der Beta 5 Version.
Bei einer Extrusion eines Kreises oder eines Zylinders entstehen immer Linien (mit Rot gekennzeichnet).
Dies hat zur Folge, dass bei einer Boolschen Operation die Linien von dem neuen Köper übernommen werden. Außerdem sind sie unterbrochen.
Liegen diese Linien sehr nahe an der Außenkante eines Körpers, kann es sein, dass eine Fase oder ein Radius nicht durchgeführt werden kann.

18 Mar   [#2] In reply to [#1]
Hi Ronni,

I do not see the image with the red lines. Maybe try uploading and attaching it again.

- Peer
18 Mar   [#3] In reply to [#1]
Hi Ronni, when you extrude a circle the resulting cylinder will have what is called a "seam edge" on it, which is a normal part of the structure of NURBS surfaces.

The new ACIS fillet engine in MoI v5 is much better at processing fillets that need to cross over those types of edges, so make sure you are running the current v5 beta (version Dec-1-2023) which you can get from https://moi3d.com/beta.htm .

If you have an example of a fillet failing to cross a seam edge with the current v5 beta release please send the file to me at moi@moi3d.com so I can investigate it and possibly send it to the ACIS developers to get it fixed.

Thanks,
- Michael