MoI discussion forum
MoI discussion forum

Full Version: Update the components

Show messages: All  1-10  11-13

14 Mar   [#11] In reply to [#10]
I am working in version 5, the file that significantly slows down I sent to your email
14 Mar   [#12] In reply to [#11]
Hi Brian,

Did you try turning off all object snaps to see if navigating the viewport speeds up? The reason I ask is because I've noticed that things can get pretty sluggish if there are a lot of curves and I use something to control the viewports other than the pan/zoom/rotate buttons. Like using a SpaceMouse creates this problem. I think it's because the pan/zoom/rotate buttons temporarily disable calculation of object snaps by the CPU, but navigating with a SpaceMouse doesn't.

So, if you're not using the pan/zoom/rotate buttons you might try using them instead, or try manually turning off object snaps to see if it's the object snap calculation part that's slowing things down.

- Peer
14 Mar   [#13] In reply to [#12]
Another thing which you might want to turn off in moi.ini for heavier files is:

[Drawing Aids]
<....>
ObjectSnapShowMarkers=n

That will disable the little "x" marks that show the available snaps around the mouse cursor. If you are working zoomed out on a heavy file there can be quite a lot of these getting drawn and it also needs to compute their visibility if View > "Display hidden lines" is off.

- Michael

Show messages: All  1-10  11-13