MoI discussion forum
MoI discussion forum

Full Version: Snapping to end in MOI

10 Mar   [#1]
Hi, Does MOI have a feature like Sketchup which is 'snap to end of line in plane'? I know it snaps to the end of an existing line but I like the way Sketchup can smart snap to an existing line end on the same plane.

I knwo there are workaround for this using trim but i find this feature very helpful in Sketchup and miss it in MOI.

I've attached a screencap of what I'm talking about.

Attachments:
Untitled.wmv

10 Mar   [#2] In reply to [#1]
Hi Guy, yes MoI has a snapping function called "Construction lines" which can be used for that.

There is some detailed information in the help file topic here:
https://moi3d.com/4.0/docs/moi_command_reference11.htm#constructionlines

The way you activate it is slightly different than in SketchUp - instead of hovering over an existing line end you hold down the mouse button on the line end and then while still holding the mouse down drag away from it. Having it based on this dragging gesture helps avoid it getting triggered accidentally which is an issue with the "activate just by hovering" method in SketchUp.

Also since the construction line in Moi is defined by 2 points, the point where the drag started and where it was released, it allows for numerous other kinds of snaps like a midpoint, or division steps.

- Michael
10 Mar   [#3]
Fantastic, thank you Michael. This is going to speed up my workflow massively.