MoI discussion forum
MoI discussion forum

Full Version: X wing from starwars redesign WIP

17 Feb   [#1]
I can't drain my brain with complex automotive forms anymore with CAD softwares.From the other hand I like to create 3d models with Moi3d tools,so I tried to create some simple forms and things I also like.

Here is my X-wing spaceship from starwars,recreated from my visual memory without using image references.Not accurate as original.

I gave my best to create every part as solid to be available for 3d printing.Please let me know what do you think,particularly if you are starwars fan,and as 3d modeler too :)

Enhanced version

Image Attachments:
image_2024-02-17_190222323.png  image_2024-02-18_095509936.png 

17 Feb   [#2] In reply to [#1]
Very nice re-design of the Star Wars Xwing.

Do you have any automotive threads on this forum or a youtube channel?

3D car modelers on the scale model forums recommend apps like Rhino and Fusion 360 over Blender, Silo3d and other polygonal modeling apps.

Sadly, I can not find any good and easy to follow MOI3D tutorials on modeling cars.

I've watched the youtube videos by Kuechmeister Swagger, but without audio narration, I find them too difficult to follow. Reading the text and following his mouse pointer at the same time is too difficult for my 70 year old eyes. If only he would add audio narration.
18 Feb   [#3] In reply to [#2]
Thank you for your feedbacks about my x wing.Btw what kind of cars would you like to learn to model.Before burnout which happend in year 2014, I was very inspired and I was very good with modeling supercars with Moi3d :)

Image Attachments:
f18680704.jpg 

18 Feb   [#4] In reply to [#3]
I am partial to vintage American cars (1930s to early 1970s}, American Muscle cars, American traditional style hot rods and classic sports cars (British MGs, Triumphs, Aston Martins, Ford GT 40s, Shelby Cobras, early Corvettes, pre 1970s Ferraris & Porsches).

Not really into modern Supercars as they are not the kind of cars I saw much of when I was growing up in the 1950s and 1960s. But I would certainly love to watch any videos you have on modeling a supercar.
Plenty on video on Plasticity, Fusion 360, Sketchup, Rhino on modeling cars. But not many using Moi3D which confuses me.

Also I used to build lots of plastic model cars (1/24 & 1/25 scale) of the cars I mentioned about. Presently own a 1960 Corvette which I purchased in 1983 and restored.

Cheers

Ken