MoI discussion forum
MoI discussion forum

Full Version: 3d printable Robot pen holder

13 Jan   [#1]
I don't use Moi3d for complex 3d models like supercars as I modeled before:( .From the other hand I enjoy to quickly create simple 3d models like this Robot which can be used as 3d printable 3d model for wacom bamboo stylus pen or simple pen.I hope so I exported well in to STL :)

Btw I tried to learn Alias Auto tools to model cars,but I couldn't get used to its complex interface,so I gave up after many tryouts :(
I also tried plasticity I also could not get used to their interface.

As I like to sketch my vehicles with sketchbook pro and not with photoshop like many people do,I also like to create and design my models with Moi3d cause it is simple,but powerful CAD tool.If you like this robot check it out on link below

https://skfb.ly/oPKFn

I also put my very detailed Boeing for FREE download for non commercial using on link below.Please let me know if you download it,is it exported correctly from MOI3d.Thanks in advance.You can share your 3d renderings on this post if you like :)

https://skfb.ly/oFzYG

Image Attachments:
boeing787 1.jpg  robot pen holder.jpg 

13 Jan   [#2] In reply to [#1]
Maybe you can also try the free Vizcom for transform your cars Sktetches in a speedy cool render! ;)

14 Jan   [#3] In reply to [#2]
I already used it,but from my design sketches created with sketchbook pro to Vizcom AI renderings with 100% of image influence.

Btw when using AI I don't have that artistic feeling of self accomplishment,kind of lazy feelinglike I cheated.I see many industrial designers and from automotive industry use AI tools.

AI artists tried similar on Artstation.com but concept artists made a strike action,so AI is just for image references inspiration not as final concept or illustration to display on that platform.Respect

Wacom company who sells graphic tablets,put on their new product box AI generated dragon which was insane move. Users from all around the world was so furious,so company has to remove it and they apologized to their customers :)

Here are some of my sketch vs AI tryouts with Vizcom AI tool which is something in the middle.You have to create sketch in right perspective,so without knowing design sketching fundamentals it will look awful.

I saw one post where guy created awesome supercar renderings with AI tool and potential customer asked him to do 3d model of that for him,but that AI creator told him he don't know how to use 3d modeling software :(

So in conclusion you can use AI generated images for inspiration or to get likes on social media,sell as pics,but to make real product for digital worlds like video games or for 3d printing you need 3d modeling skills sub-d or hardsurface.Those skills are more precious :)))

Image Attachments:
alfa crossover vizcom preview.jpg  futuristic carsketch vs AI.jpg 

14 Jan   [#4] In reply to [#3]
" he don't know how to use 3d modeling software"
Funny story!

In few years Ai will make perfect 3D models from a simple image! ;)
https://www.csm.ai

14 Jan   [#5] In reply to [#4]
Yes I know AI will be able to create 3d models from images for a few years.Great tool for artists who tend to procrastinate and for non artists.On instagram I see most likes get people who shows traditional art creation timelapse videos with final painting presentation.So most people still appreciate the effort artist invest in to their work.Even automotive designers are borred

Image Attachments:
merry xmas car.png