MoI discussion forum
MoI discussion forum

Full Version: Suggestion save visible object set.

13 Jan   [#1]
It would be nice to be able to save a snapshot of the visibility of a set of objects.

In the screenshot below, I wanted to be able to isolate the armrest but be able to return to this working visibility set without having to show all and hide all the other parts after.

Maybe Ctrl+Hide could open a save set dialog with a button to access the unhide function ?

Thanks,

Marc

Image Attachments:
Screen Shot 2024-01-13 at 09.28.07.png 

13 Jan   [#2] In reply to [#1]
Hi Marc,

re:
> It would be nice to be able to save a snapshot of the visibility of a set of objects.

That's available currently with the "Isolate" function which you trigger by a right click on the Edit > Hide button.

> In the screenshot below, I wanted to be able to isolate the armrest but be able to return to
> this working visibility set without having to show all and hide all the other parts after.

Select the armrest pieces, then right click on Edit > Hide to do "Isolate" which stores an internal snapshot of all current visibility states and then hides the unselected objects leaving only selected objects showing.

Later when you want to return to the pre-isolate state, trigger it again by another right-click on Edit > Hide.

Hope that was what you were looking for,

- Michael
14 Jan   [#3]
Dang ! I've been using Moi3d for a while now, (15+ years?) and still find some new features, thanks !

I hold much respect for your creative genius and solid focus on functionality through simple tools.

Happy new year to you and everyone in the community.

Marc
14 Jan   [#4] In reply to [#2]
Right click on Edit > Hide is new to myself.

Sometimes after doing the Right clicks and resetting, I have to Right click twice to do the hide. (MoI4 and MoI5beta)

- Brian
14 Jan   [#5] In reply to [#4]
Hi Brian,

re:
> I have to Right click twice to do the hide. (MoI4 and MoI5beta)

When that happens it means you've done an Isolate previously and the first click is being used for restoring that previous one.

- Michael