MoI discussion forum
MoI discussion forum

Full Version: Advice on direction

30 Dec 2023   [#1]
I gave myself a personal project of trying to model the bubble ship from Oblivion. I'm having some trouble on the tail area and could use some advice. I drew out the outline as you can see. I tried first using a Loft, but it gets really wonky at the cross section area, so then I tried doing it with paneling and using the Network function, but even after attaching all of the panels through "join" and trying through Boolean "Union" I get a crease at each section. I know this is something that would be better done in Alias or Rhino, but I'm confident/hopeful I can get this done in MOI. Does anyone have any suggestions? Thanks so much for taking the time.
I have been modeling in 3Ds Max for over 18 years, but I want to do this in nurbs modeling.

Image Attachments:
creases.JPG  lines.JPG  Loft.JPG  network.JPG 

30 Dec 2023   [#2] In reply to [#1]
Hi,

Could you post the 3DM file to see how we could help you and explain the way you can explore to model it ?

Have fun
30 Dec 2023   [#3]
Hey Phiro,

Thanks for the reply and yeah sure thing. Although I think I may have found my answer from watching Kuechmeister Swagger (That guy is insanely good). His use of using the network along with multi ISO, looks like it would be the way to go. Im redrawing all my spline work to make it better, but here is the file and from the attachments.

-B

Attachments:
Bubble_Ship_Splines.3dm