MoI discussion forum
MoI discussion forum

Full Version: What is the power of ACIS?

6 Dec 2023   [#1]
Michael, hello! Moi3d impresses me greatly with its capabilities, it's an incredible piece of work from you.
Currently, you're at a stage where significant changes and enhancements are looming in Moi3d with the integration of ACIS libraries.

Could you please share the plans for which functionalities, besides Chamfers and Fillets, will be integrated with ACIS?
Can ACIS work with Direct Modeling/PullAndPush?
Does ACIS support dynamic surface Offseting?
Can ACIS build Blends or Networks of two/three surfaces considering G1/G2/G3 continuity?
Will we have a more flexible Loft that will consider plane edges for seamless construction?
Thank you for the answers!

Simply as your fan, I'm deeply interested in the program's roadmap. It's something that will motivate and inspire not only me but also our quite strong community. Please, if possible, share the plans and proudly showcase new achievements, even in the format of short teasers of upcoming features.

People are very much looking forward to hearing from you about your progress.
Wishing you more strength and energy!
7 Dec 2023   [#2] In reply to [#1]
Hi Moi3dFan, currently the areas I'm focusing on using ACIS for in the near term are Fillet, Chamfer, Offset, Shell, and face transforms (direct modeling).

Then probably the next stage after that will be some testing of boolean integration.

I'm still in the process of discovering what is available and suitable to incorporate.

> Can ACIS build Blends or Networks of two/three surfaces considering G1/G2/G3 continuity?
> Will we have a more flexible Loft that will consider plane edges for seamless construction?

Surfacing with G2 seamless continuity is not really a target area in ACIS currently, I think they have a Loft function with G1 continuity.

- Michael
7 Dec 2023   [#3] In reply to [#2]
Here are some news about Acis 2024.1, might be quite interesting:
https://blog.spatial.com/news/2024-1-0
Best regards
Ken
9 Dec 2023   [#4] In reply to [#2]
To Michael

V5 Beta Dec-1-2023, Chamfer is still Click Click but has improve greatly, Super Nice. I think this is just a taste.Thanks.
9 Dec 2023   [#5] In reply to [#4]
Hi vic, yes in the Dec-1-2023 v5 beta Chamfer is now using ACIS in addition to Fillet. I'll fix it up so it can get a dynamic update like fillet does now.

Thanks, - Michael