MoI discussion forum
MoI discussion forum

Full Version: Scripting and Node Editor in Moi3D V5

Show messages:  1-16  17-28

21 Apr 2023   [#17]
AFAIK, nodeeditor does not have any Group related nodes?

- Brian
21 Apr 2023   [#18] In reply to [#17]
I have been experimenting with "macro" as group. Seems to do the job!
Edit: Oh, you probably mean selecting existing geometry and grouping it via nodes, not grouping nodes? Hm, no idea in that case. (Still only scratching on the surface)
21 Apr 2023   [#19] In reply to [#18]
Hi NaN,

Not quite clear on node groupings, but holding down the shift key while selecting nodes will group them to drag around the screen and select menu options.

Wayne
16 Jun 2023   [#20] In reply to [#13]
There is no case for Nodeeditor, I am very interested in Nodeeditor modeling
16 Jun 2023   [#21] In reply to [#20]
Hi c3g, there is some information on the node editor here: https://moi3d.com/wiki/nodeeditor

- Michael
12 Jan   [#22] In reply to [#15]
Hi Forum. On Ubuntu using Wine following these directions I'm unable to relocate node editor to "/home/sven/.wine/drive_c/users/sven/AppData/Roaming/Moi" (assuming "I" in original post is a mistake). It does work in "/home/sven/.wine/drive_c/Program Files/MoI 5.0 beta Dec-1-2023/ui". Can sombody confirm this should work as posted ?

Sven
12 Jan   [#23] In reply to [#22]
Hi Sven, if you put it in "/home/sven/.wine/drive_c/users/sven/AppData/Roaming/Moi then to launch it you would need this in your shortcut key:

script: moi.ui.createDialog( 'moi://appdata/nodeeditor/index.html', 'resizeable,defaultWidth:680,defaultHeight:420', moi.ui.mainWindow );

If you put it inside /home/sven/.wine/drive_c/Program Files/MoI 5.0 beta Dec-1-2023/ui then the script to launch it is slightly different the URL starts with moi://ui instead of moi://appdata like this:

script: moi.ui.createDialog( 'moi://ui/nodeeditor/index.html', 'resizeable,defaultWidth:680,defaultHeight:420', moi.ui.mainWindow );

- Michael
13 Jan   [#24] In reply to [#23]
Hi Michael. Confirming your paths and copying & pasting your scripts from your reply it still works via the ui directory, but NOT the appdata directory.

Sven
13 Jan   [#25] In reply to [#24]
Hi Sven can you please post the node editor .zip you're using and maybe show a screenshot of where it is installed in appdata?

Thanks, - Michael
13 Jan   [#26] In reply to [#25]
http://moi3d.com/forum/index.php?webtag=MOI&msg=9358.1 is the link from https://moi3d.com/wiki/Nodeeditor#Installation

Sven

Image Attachments:
Screenshot from 2024-01-13 22-07-51.png 

13 Jan   [#27] In reply to [#26]
Hi Sven, ok so it's because when you're running on Linux/Wine the appdata folder for MoI is at ~/.moi instead. Does it work if you put it there?

- Michael
15 Jan   [#28] In reply to [#27]
Yes Michael. That does the trick, thanks for the clarification.

Sven

Show messages:  1-16  17-28