MoI discussion forum
MoI discussion forum

Full Version: V5 beta Apr-13-2023 available now

Show messages:  1-9  10-29  30-49  50-69  70-89  …  210

14 Apr 2023   [#10] In reply to [#9]
here some examples what can do plasticity, if you add some of this things moi will be have more fast workflow,if core can do that why not add this to improve quality of life?

Attachments:
connected faces.mp4
edge loop.mp4
ring select.mp4

14 Apr 2023   [#11] In reply to [#10]
Select loop faces will be good too and select adjustment
If we start say about good thngs in plasticity which can be good look in moi
Here some features
1 clone from kitbash already on surface will be great too
2 Can moi have not only styles but full materials which can exported with file?

Attachments:
loop.mp4
materials.mp4
place.mp4
select adjacent.mp4

Image Attachments:
Снимок экрана 2023-04-14 141736.png 

14 Apr 2023   [#12] In reply to [#11]
You have same as "placement" - Menu Orient
14 Apr 2023   [#13]
Ooph... got the BSOD upon fist using the ACIS fillet after installing.
Seems to have been something to do with Avast or Malwarebytes.
Works fine after rebooting.

Michael, I'm really enjoying the updated filleting options, especially the real-time result update.
14 Apr 2023   [#14]
Hi Michael,

In this new Beta (Apr-13-2023) we cannot Use ACIS to fillet Curves. (I am talking about 2D curves) I think in the previous Beta it was possible! though I am not sure!

-Psygorn
14 Apr 2023   [#15] In reply to [#14]
Hi Psygorn,

re:
> In this new Beta (Apr-13-2023) we cannot Use ACIS to fillet Curves. (I am talking about 2D curves) I
> think in the previous Beta it was possible! though I am not sure!

ACIS filleting has only been for edges, it hasn't been used for curve fillets in any of these betas.

- Michael
14 Apr 2023   [#16] In reply to [#10]
Hi blackboard,

re:
> here some examples what can do plasticity, if you add some of this things moi will be have more
> fast workflow,if core can do that why not add this to improve quality of life?

Please post some example .3dm files and the desired result so i can have a concrete example to test with.

- Michael
14 Apr 2023   [#17] In reply to [#11]
Hi blackboard,

re:
> 2 Can moi have not only styles but full materials which can exported with file?

Sorry no that's not likely anytime soon.

- Michael
14 Apr 2023   [#18] In reply to [#15]
Hi Michael,

Then I made a mistake. Sorry.

However, Do you have plans for it? (ACIS filleting for curves as well I think in some cases it could be useful maybe)

-Psygorn
14 Apr 2023   [#19] In reply to [#18]
Hi Psygorn,

re:
> However, Do you have plans for it? (ACIS filleting for curves as well I think
> in some cases it could be useful maybe)

Not really any plans for it currently, mostly because I don't know what there would be to gain from that. Do you have a case where you think it would be useful?

- Michael
14 Apr 2023   [#20] In reply to [#19]
Hi Michael,

Yes, I have but when I think it through I realize that you are right. there would be no noticeable gain from that.

- Psygorn
14 Apr 2023   [#21]
Hi Michael.
I'd find it very convenient if I could draw a line of a specific angle, directly at a tangent to a circle or ellipse etc. Currently this can only be done when finishing the line on the circle. Would it be very involved to add a facility to draw the line first and then grab an endpoint or midpoint and drag it to the circle and have the usual Tan & Perp snap functions appear when near to the right spot - in the same way that we can already snap to Quad & Cen? It would definitely save some time from having to create and then delete construction lines.

Good work as usual with V5. :)

Many thanks.
Martin.
14 Apr 2023   [#22] In reply to [#21]
Hi Martin,

re:
> I'd find it very convenient if I could draw a line of a specific angle, directly at a tangent to a circle or ellipse etc.

Can you please show a sketch of what you mean?

- Michael
14 Apr 2023   [#23] In reply to [#22]
Hi Michael.

Hopefully this video shows what I'd like to speed up a little. https://vimeo.com/817813423
Currently, I draw radial construction lines in the circle and trim the circumference to them, this then allows me to place the required lines at the correct angle, but it's a bit long-winded.
What I would like is for the line I'm dragging in the video to be able to snap at a tangent/perpendicular to the circle.
Sometimes I know the angle of the line in respect to the circle, but don't have a definite start point for the line, hence the problem.

Thanks.
Martin.
14 Apr 2023   [#24] In reply to [#23]
Hi Martin, you can get the desired point inside the Transform > Move command by creating a perp/perp construction line between your angled line and the circle.

First drag the line so it is a little ways past the point, then use the Transform > Move command and make a perp/perp construction line.

Here's what it looks like:

- Michael
14 Apr 2023   [#25] In reply to [#23]
Hi Martin, and for placing the angled line perpendicular to the circle you can do this:

14 Apr 2023   [#26] In reply to [#23]
Hi Martin, or also maybe an easier way yet is if you drag your line's end point to the circle's center point you can then use Transform > Move to place it at the right spot like this:

- Michael
14 Apr 2023   [#27] In reply to [#16]
Add examples keybord clicks and selectionts on my message with plasticity gifs
1 Loop surfaces select
One click \ second click
Example with step, first click on bottom step second click on second step and selecton from this polygon continues to end "polygon" chain on this surface.Or its work with surface normal,and create selection from average normal of selected polygon.
Example second on different solid, first click on first polygon second click continues "polygon" chain on this surface

2 Kitbashing placement with copying selected object with ability to scale it
Details on my previous message,i cannot fully repeat this in moi

3 Ring select
it will be good if its work on two sides vetical edges and horizontal

4 Select adjacent \ select more \ less
Selecting surfaces more \ less with buttons it will be nice
3 screenshots of stages

5 Full edge loop select by one click

Attachments:
Examples.3dm

Image Attachments:
1.Loop Surfaces Select 1.jpg  1.Loop Surfaces Select 2.jpg  2.Kitbashing placement with copying selected object with ability to scale it.png  3.Ring select horizontal.png  3.Ring select vertical.png  4.Select more OR less 1.png  4.Select more OR less 2.png  4.Select more OR less 3.png  5.Full edge loop select by one click.png 

14 Apr 2023   [#28] In reply to [#27]
Hi blackboard, thanks for the examples.

For add/shrink selection see here for shortcut key scripts you can set up:
http://moi3d.com/forum/index.php?webtag=MOI&msg=6988.4

For object placement including scaling, those are here:
http://moi3d.com/forum/index.php?webtag=MOI&msg=10011.90

For ring select I'm not quite understanding the mechanism for it.

Is this curved edge the initial seed?

But it's neither horizontal nor vertical, why would the horizontal edges (and only some of them) be targeted from that seed?

Also on this one:

What is the targeting logic that only some of the edges with the same orientation are targeted and not all?

- Michael

Image Attachments:
blackboard_ring1.jpg  blackboard_ring2.jpg 

15 Apr 2023   [#29] In reply to [#28]
>Is this curved edge the initial seed?
Yes

>But it's neither horizontal nor vertical, why would the horizontal edges (and only some of them) be targeted from that seed?

Yes.I show how it works in plasticity if you can made this better its be cool
if we talk about the horizontal direction or the vertical i was wrong here
Better will be say edges that exist in the same plane or direction

>What is the targeting logic that only some of the edges with the same orientation are targeted and not all?

some edges in plasticity not selected for one use of this function if you can made algorith which can select all ring one side edges its be cool

Show messages:  1-9  10-29  30-49  50-69  70-89  …  210