MoI discussion forum
MoI discussion forum

Full Version: MOI Website

20 Mar 2023   [#1]
Hi guys,

There is not a day that goes by that I don't follow what's happening on the forum and without necessarily logging in, but today I would like to raise a point that bothers me: the Moi3D website.
Moi3D is an outstanding software with remarkable possibilities and developed by a really talented man, but what can I say about the website... hum, well it doesn't really reflect the beautiful piece of software.
I do understand that Michael is working really hard to develop version 5 and maybe the website is the last of his worries but still, I think that in our community some charitable souls could help Michael for free if he wants to develop a website at the level of the software, myself included.
That's my thought and I hope there will be no misunderstanding, to be honest.
Thanks for reading.

John

P.S. : Sorry if any grammatical errors have crept in but English is not my first language.
20 Mar 2023   [#2]
We have in France old maxims !
"Our quality is our advertising"
"To try it is to love it"
"No matter what the bottle is, as long as you get drunk"
;)
20 Mar 2023   [#3] In reply to [#1]
Hi John,

re:
> but still, I think that in our community some charitable souls could help Michael
> for free if he wants to develop a website at the level of the software, myself
> included.

The MOI website is something that I need to maintain over a long period of time without a lot of energy spent on it so it's intentional that it is pretty simple.

I appreciate the offer but it would not be good for me for it to be reworked into something complicated and unfamiliar that I would get stuck on years down the line from now.

Thanks, - Michael
20 Mar 2023   [#4] In reply to [#3]
My favorite forum by far!
21 Mar 2023   [#5]
And mine!
27 Mar 2023   [#6]
I'm not talking about the Forum that is absolutely awesome with a great community but the website design that is a bit oldish. But never mind, Michael gave his point of view that makes sense and you know what the only thing i have in mind when i use Moi3D is : what a great software :-)