MoI discussion forum
MoI discussion forum

Full Version: Image scaling

11 Nov 2021   [#1]
Hi Michael,

Only recently I've stumbled upon the subject of the center mark switch from center to the corner of the image.
Which I wasn't aware of and it is a great thing.

Just wondering if it is possible in the future to go a little further with the image manipulation, e.a. moving the center mark to any location and 1D scaling as for any object?
This would greatly avoid going back and forth to the image editor.

Thanks,
Marek
11 Nov 2021   [#2] In reply to [#1]
Hi Marek,

re:
> Just wondering if it is possible in the future to go a little further with the image manipulation, e.a.
> moving the center mark to any location and 1D scaling as for any object?
> This would greatly avoid going back and forth to the image editor.

Currently I don't have any plans for doing that. But can you please describe a little bit about what you're trying to do where it would be helpful?

You can currently scale from any location using the Align function as described here with some example links:
http://moi3d.com/forum/index.php?webtag=MOI&msg=9618.5

But it's a uniform scaling though.

- Michael
11 Nov 2021   [#3] In reply to [#2]
OK,
the Align feature is very useful, but I'm mainly dealing with perspective photos of building facades.
And they always need some stretch in at least one direction to have a view with a more real aspect ratio.

But now I realize I am demanding too much for MoI which is not an image editing program.

Thank you anyway.

Marek
11 Nov 2021   [#4] In reply to [#3]
Hi Marek, sorry the background image function in Moi is not designed to be used with perspective photos. It's intended to be used for plan or elevation photos.

- Michael