MoI discussion forum
MoI discussion forum

Full Version: PDF export with image

26 Oct 2021   [#1]
Hi friends,

I try to export my dimensions with the background image that I imported before to measure out some heights of a building.
When I export it comes without the image. Photoshop ist a way to bring the dimensions and the image together and scale the dimensions down to the image size...
but it would be fine to get it as a "one button solution"

It is possible to do this, Michael?

Greetings
Jörg
26 Oct 2021   [#2] In reply to [#1]
Hi Jörg, currently background images in MoI are intended to be a reference aid for use while modeling, they don't export to different formats other than .3dm for reloading back into MoI.

There are some problem areas with trying to do that, for example PDF does not have a way to set up a perspective transform so I don't think it is feasible for images in the 3D view to get exported directly into a PDF output.

- Michael
26 Oct 2021   [#3] In reply to [#2]
Hi Michael,

thanks for your fast response!
I don't mean the 3d-view, I'm working in the top view with a isometric rendering as a background image from Cinema 4d to extract different dimensions out of the image.
In Cinema 4d it is not a funny thing to measure out some dimensions of an 1.8 GB FBX file. Now I fix it in Ps with copy and paste the dimension-PDF back to the redenring. It works fine for me.

With best regards,
Jörg
26 Oct 2021   [#4] In reply to [#3]
Hi Jörg, another thing you could try is to use a script to generate a viewport snapshot image instead of PDF :
http://moi3d.com/forum/index.php?webtag=MOI&msg=9526.173

That should have background images in it.

- Michael