MoI discussion forum
MoI discussion forum

Full Version: How can I fix this?

4 Mar 2021   [#1]
Any ideas how I can fix this? I deleted the faces and tried to merge the edges, but they wont merge. I didn't notice them until about an hr. later or more modeling, I would really like to not start over if possible. Thanks for any help.

-B

Image Attachments:
1.JPG 

4 Mar 2021   [#2]
Post your 3dm file! ;)
4 Mar 2021   [#3] In reply to [#2]
Thank you!

Attachments:
MP20_Problem.3dm

4 Mar 2021   [#4] In reply to [#1]
Hi Billa, it's ok to have a little piece like that it doesn't make your model invalid.

Why do you need to modify that, are you going to be running a fillet through that area?

- Michael
4 Mar 2021   [#5] In reply to [#3]
I don't believe that you can merge it...they are not on the same plane!

Maybe you can copy remplace from some good parts existing!

4 Mar 2021   [#6] In reply to [#4]
Yeah I was going to filet the edges in the end.
4 Mar 2021   [#7] In reply to [#5]
Thanks for trying Frenchy. Ill try that
4 Mar 2021   [#8] In reply to [#6]
Hi Billa, so it should be possible to separate out the faces, untrim them, use ChangeClosedCurveSeam (http://moi3d.com/forum/index.php?webtag=MOI&msg=10125.8), re-extrude the surfaces with the altered seam point so the seam edge is not in the active surface area, then trim and join.

I'll see if I can help you with that a little later today.

- Michael
4 Mar 2021   [#9] In reply to [#8]
Thank you Michael. Will read through that thread now.
4 Mar 2021   [#10]
Hey Michael. I tried following along and doing as you instructed, but with my ignorance of not fully understanding nurbs workflow, I'm just failing. I'd appreciate if you could show me how you do it. Sorry man, only if you have time, if you don't, ill just remodel this and pay closer attention to what I'm doing, lol.
4 Mar 2021   [#11] In reply to [#10]
Hi Billa, I've got those areas fixed using the method I described above, but there are some additional little faces on the bottom as well. Those are at a sharp corner between 2 angled planes, it will take a little bit more work to get rid of those I'm working on that now.

- Michael
4 Mar 2021   [#12] In reply to [#11]
Hey Michael,

Thank you!
4 Mar 2021   [#13] In reply to [#12]
Hi Billa, here you go this version has those little fragments removed by untrimming, reworking some of the surfaces then trimming and joining back together.

- Michael

Attachments:
MP20_Problem2_3dm.zip

4 Mar 2021   [#14] In reply to [#13]
Thank you so much Michael. I looked for a video on YouTube about untrimming and the closest thing i could find was in fusion, but i cant seem to wrap my head around how I would have done that for this situation. Ill take a look at this first thing in the morning. Thank you again!