MoI discussion forum
MoI discussion forum

Full Version: Need help importing shortcuts for Mac

3 Mar 2021   [#1]
Hello,
I recently purchased an art tutorial for MoI, that I didn't know was reliant on importing custom shortcuts. The problem is, the instructions are on a Windows computer while I am on a Mac.

The instructions show in the image below, that they can select the moi file and cleanly open it as a text file and simply paste in all the shortcuts from the (SHORTCUTS_MOI_default.txt) text document

On my Mac, I have found a MoI folder in this section:

However, opening it in Text edit, it looks like this (scrambled and not like how it appears in the instructions on the PC version)

I definitely would appreciate some help! Thank you

Attachments:
SHORTCUTS_MOI_default.txt

Image Attachments:
Screen Shot 2021-03-03 at 12.06.09 PM.png  Screen Shot 2021-03-03 at 12.06.48 PM.png  shortcut_location.jpg 

3 Mar 2021   [#2] In reply to [#1]
Hi Mewmew, so the file you're looking for is the "moi.ini" file, it's a little confusing in that first screenshot where it looks like it's just named "moi" because Windows (and Mac too) hides file extensions by default so you're not seeing the ".ini" part at the end.

So to locate the moi.ini file when you are inside MoI push the "Options" button in the lower right area of the main window, and inside Options > General push the "Edit .ini file" button.

That will open up the moi.ini file in TextEdit.app .

Then you can replace the entire text contents of that moi.ini file with the SHORTCUTS_MOI_default.txt contents, note that this will lose any settings that you have changed. It is possible to just splice in the keyboard shortcuts without disturbing other settings, let me know if you want to do that and I'll give you some further instructions for that.

- Michael
4 Mar 2021   [#3]
Thanks a ton Michael! This worked perfectly.

I very much appreciate the thoughtful and helpful response