MoI discussion forum
MoI discussion forum

Full Version: zBrush import no faces

2 Mar 2021   [#1]
Hi everyone,

I'm exploring the possibility to start using MOI3D in conjuction with zBrush. This is the first time i try but when exporting (.fbx) from MOI i get objects without caps in zBrush. See pics

Any ideas why this might be happening?

Many thanks,

Guille

Image Attachments:
Screenshot 2021-03-02 120530.jpg  Screenshot 2021-03-02 120545.jpg 

2 Mar 2021   [#2] In reply to [#1]
Hi Guille, does it work better if you set "Output : Quads & Triangles" in the meshing options when you export out from MoI instead of "Output: N-gons" ?

You may also want to set a value for "Divide larger than" to dice things up into smaller pieces like this:
http://moi3d.com/forum/index.php?webtag=MOI&msg=2833.5

- Michael
2 Mar 2021   [#3]
And have you enabled "double faces" in ZBrush ? ;) (i don't remember the exact name)
Seems typic of your result....
2 Mar 2021   [#4]
Under display hit double sided - then if you run DYNAMESH it will unify into a single skin shape.

3 Mar 2021   [#5] In reply to [#2]
Thanks for quick reply, Michael!!!

I'm gonna have to try this out at some point today but looking good, it might need some experimentation.

Just a quick question that you might have answered at some point in the past. Will it be at some point possible to have something similar to zBrush 'Live Booleans' (non-destructive) within MOI or it's not possible at all? just talking from my complete ignorance so correct me if i'm talking non-sense : )

Many thanks!

Guille
3 Mar 2021   [#6] In reply to [#5]
Hi Guille, I do want to have editable booleans in the future. It will need a deeper history mechanism which will take a fair amount of work to set up.

- Michael