MoI discussion forum
MoI discussion forum

Full Version: Ctrl, Shift not responding after some time in V4

Show messages: All  1-2  3-7

22 Feb 2021   [#3] In reply to [#2]
Hi Michael, thanks for quick response. Hm yes actually I use a Steelseries keyboard with extra keys and their software for macro commands to have more shortcuts. Think that could be the problem? Interestingly enough it never happened in V3 or V2 with the same setup(this keyboard is more than 5y.o.)
22 Feb 2021   [#4] In reply to [#3]
Hi Vitaly,

> Hm yes actually I use a Steelseries keyboard with extra keys and their software
> for macro commands to have more shortcuts.

Possibly - is there a method to disable it and then see if the problem still occurs?

> Interestingly enough it never happened in V3 or V2 with the same setup(this
> keyboard is more than 5y.o.)

V4 has had a lot of changes to make it cross platform, it uses the Qt framework while v3 and earlier just used plain Windows code.

- Michael
22 Feb 2021   [#5]
Got it, thanks Michael. I gave it a go on another machine with standard keyboard/no steelseries software and it seems fine. Will try installing new version of the steelseries software see if that helps.
22 Feb 2021   [#6] In reply to [#5]
Hi Vitaly, also it looks like there is a factory reset function (may wipe your settings, be careful):
https://support.steelseries.com/hc/en-us/articles/360043313811-My-keyboard-is-experiencing-software-issues

- Michael
22 Feb 2021   [#7] In reply to [#6]
Oh ok! Thank you, let me try!

Show messages: All  1-2  3-7