MoI discussion forum
MoI discussion forum

Full Version: area zoom tool

20 Feb 2021   [#1]
Hello,

I was using reset view to focus on an object but as I work it starts to focus off in blank space or what seems to be random spots on or in the mesh.
I tired your script: script: /* Set 3D view rotation pivot */ var p = moi.ui.createPointPicker(); if ( p.waitForEvent() && p.event == 'finished' ) { moi.ui.mainWindow.viewpanel.getViewport('3D').targetpt = p.pt }

and the same thing happens after a short time. Is there a way to lock the focus or pivot rotation point. This would greatly speed up my worklfow.

cheers.
20 Feb 2021   [#2] In reply to [#1]
Hi Memnok, make sure you have object snap enabled in the bottom toolbar and snap the first point for the window onto your area of interest:

Are you maybe working at a particularly small or large scale? When you zoom if you approach the target point close enough it will start to push it forward instead of just approaching it. You might try setting the view to a parallel projection in Options > View > "3D view projection" - a perspective view has to zoom by moving the eye point forward or back while a parallel view zooms by setting a scale factor and so doesn't have that kind of problem.

- Michael
20 Feb 2021   [#3] In reply to [#1]
re:
> Is there a way to lock the focus or pivot rotation point.

No - if it did that you would not be able to pan left/right/up/down.

- Michael