MoI discussion forum
MoI discussion forum

Full Version: Lag

Show messages:  1-8  9-28  29-44

20 Feb 2021   [#29] In reply to [#26]
Hey Bong, i would remove the MoI entry on the "windows management" screen you show.

On the Nvidia managment one, whats just below the "cuda gpu's" option you show. Look on the global tab.

Also, where are you getting the nvidia driver? Direct from nvidia?
20 Feb 2021   [#30] In reply to [#29]
BTW: we should just wait for Michaels directx9 solution. That may just settle the whole matter, since v3 works great on this system...
20 Feb 2021   [#31]
Here is what is below Cuda on the global settings. Yeah. directly from Nvidia.

-B

Image Attachments:
6.JPG 

20 Feb 2021   [#32] In reply to [#30]
Doesn't hurt to troubleshoot I guess, totally up to you though.
21 Feb 2021   [#33] In reply to [#32]
Hi Billa, I've got a Direct3D9 version ready for you to try, I've sent you a PM.

- Michael
21 Feb 2021   [#34] In reply to [#31]
Hey bong, so the setting talked about before is titled "opengl rendering gpu". Select your gpu in the dropdown for that setting... under power management mode, is there a "performance" option instead of power optimization?

The last thing is regarding ykur monitor with the gtx card. Are you sure your monitor is "g-sync" compatible? Look at the monitor technology setting listed there....
21 Feb 2021   [#35]
So I selected my card in the drop for Opengl rendering gpu and selected maximum performance. See attached. Not sure if my monitor does allow for G-sync, but the Nvidia settings has it turned on. In other news Michael sent me the Direct 3d9 version this morning and its running great. Everything works except for Zoom. I have a delay with it, but i had a slight delay with in, v3. So At least the lag is gone.... for now (Fingers crossed, for good). Thanks Michael!
and thanks Burrman for helping as well. I'm still down for troubleshooting if you want to continue, if not. I understand. Here is a link to my main monitor.

https://www.newegg.com/aoc-q3279vwfd8-32-qhd/p/N82E16824160392?Item=9SIA6ZP8TJ6088

Image Attachments:
5.JPG  6.JPG 

21 Feb 2021   [#36] In reply to [#35]
So looming at AOC display website, it appears you can "setup" g-sync to be enabled...

Main thing, is that monitor plugged into a display port or one of the other types...

Is it set as the "primary" monitor?

You could disable all the g-sync for that monitor as a test. So on the g-sync tab and also in the monitor technology option of the 3d settings, all in nvidia driver....

Be sure to remove moi from the windows display control. Actually, i believe windows should have notified you that nvidia already had control... (but i could be wrong)
21 Feb 2021   [#37]
Its plugged using display port and is set as primary monitor. I disabled G-sync. And I released Moi from windows display control last night. No change on the delay.
21 Feb 2021   [#38]
The Direct3D9 renderer was successful in getting V3 behavior on this hardware. So for v5 that will be an option you can set in moi.ini under GraphicsAPI=Direct3D9.

So for v5 the Windows version will support Direct3D11 (default), Direct3D9 and also OpenGL.

- Michael
21 Feb 2021   [#39] In reply to [#37]
Hey Bong,
I don't really have anything else. Michaels solution is well enough anyway...

Be sure to put any of those changes back as they were before...

:)
21 Feb 2021   [#40]
Will do and thanks so much for your help!
19 Apr 2022   [#41] In reply to [#38]
Hey Michael,

I started using the beta of v5 yesterday and I haven't had the lag once so far. I dont know what changed under the hood, but its working like v3 now. So whatever you did. Thank you!

-B
19 Apr 2022   [#42] In reply to [#41]
Hi Billabong, that's great! Yes I tuned up Extrude so that it should be back behaving like V3 now.

- Michael
19 Apr 2022   [#43] In reply to [#38]
Hi Michael,

quote:

So for v5 the Windows version will support Direct3D11 (default), Direct3D9 and also OpenGL.

Will WebGL be available for the Web-kit on V5? And maybe a newer version of Javascript?

Thank you,

Wayne
19 Apr 2022   [#44] In reply to [#43]
Hi Wayne,

re:
> Will WebGL be available for the Web-kit on V5? And maybe a newer version of Javascript?

Sorry no both of those are the same as v4 and will likely be that way for quite a while yet.

The Direct3D11 / Direct3D9 / OpenGL support that is mentioned in the quote there is referring to the 3D viewport display engine which is not HTML based.

- Michael

Show messages:  1-8  9-28  29-44