MoI discussion forum
MoI discussion forum

Full Version: Lag

Show messages:  1-10  11-30  31-44

17 Feb 2021   [#11] In reply to [#8]
Also try uninstalling Geforce Experience in-game overlay software, or any other recording type additional software.

- Michael
17 Feb 2021   [#12]
Hey Michael,

This is a desktop, but I haven't cleared the dust out in a while. I'm gonna feel like an asshole if that's the problem. I'm not overclocking and I tried setting the app the windows 7 compatibility. that didn't help. I also tried changing the quality to performance, no luck. . Ill clear the dust out this weekend. Here is a screengrab of my temps. Sorry for all the trouble man but thank you so much for trying to help.

-B

Image Attachments:
temps.JPG 

17 Feb 2021   [#13] In reply to [#12]
Hi Billa, keep HWMonitor running for a couple of days so you can see what the peak temp gets to.

- Michael
17 Feb 2021   [#14]
Will do Michael. Will report back this weekend, once i clear the dust out. Thanks again. Oh I also disabled the Nividia overlay thing and uninstalled Camtasia.

-B
17 Feb 2021   [#15] In reply to [#14]
Hi

I have the same issue, but.

It happens only on first time I do extrusion when I start Moi. While doing extrusion first time it takes a while, but after that all extrusions are quick and smooth - so not a problem for me.

Thanks
Perttu
17 Feb 2021   [#16]
You need to look in the task manager at this point, maybe there will be a hint.
17 Feb 2021   [#17]
hi there.

from top of my head..

try unstalling display drivers using ddu and make a 'clean' re-install. there is always some gunk left from previous drivers...

https://www.wagnardsoft.com/content/display-driver-uninstaller-ddu-v18036-released

is vertical sync on or off? nvidia control panel, 3d settings..sometimes this could produce hiccups by capping the refresh rate.

i noticed that your display is running @75hz. just to rule things out, try setting your display rate to 60 hz and check if there are any changes. sometimes helper apps like g-sync will kick in and that could cause some lags.

try putting it through some benchmark like 3dmark 11, there might be some memory problems after all.

https://benchmarks.ul.com/legacy-benchmarks

it's legacy, but should work fine.

best,
marco
18 Feb 2021   [#18]
Hey Marco,

I ran the benchmark test which gave me the following result. I tried changing the display from 75 to 60, nothing changed. I also turned off vertical sync. It was on "Let the application decide" I turned it off, no change. I'm going to do the clean reinstall of the gfx card later this afternoon and let you know how that goes. Thanks so much for the help.

-B

Image Attachments:
1.JPG 

18 Feb 2021   [#19]
I have some lag too when using the extrusion tool in version 4. I have a MS Surface Book 2 with Geforce 1060 GTX. I will try to investigate the reason also.
18 Feb 2021   [#20]
Ok, So I blew out all the dust, was that much actually. I ran the DDU to uninstall my GPU drivers and then ran a clean install. Ran Moi and the lag is still present. My temp hasn't gone above 131 degrees fahrenheit. So I guess unless someone else has any suggestions, I'm just going to go back to v3 for now. Thanks everyone for really trying.

-B
18 Feb 2021   [#21] In reply to [#20]
Hi Billa, I'm investigating if I can make a Direct3D9 renderer as an option. If I can get that working I'll send you a test build to see if that helps.

Also just to double check, it's not only the extrude command that has the lag, is that correct? It was in just rotating the view around as well?

- Michael
18 Feb 2021   [#22]
Hey Michael,

That's very kind of you. Thank you. It was the extrude, rotate, zoom and pan. The navigation was more of delay than lag. When I try to zoom, there will be a delay and then it will run smooth. Just that once though. Every time I try to navigate, the delay will happen. The Extrude is definitely a lag.

-B
19 Feb 2021   [#23] In reply to [#22]
Hi Billa, a Direct3D9 renderer option looks like it will be feasible. I think I'll have a test version for you in a couple of days. Hopefully it should behave like v3 on your card, we'll see.

- Michael
19 Feb 2021   [#24]
Excellent! Thanks so much Michael!
19 Feb 2021   [#25] In reply to [#24]

Hey bong,
I would try these couple things.

Go into nvidia control panel and under 3d settings, use the pulldown to actually select your gpu. On the physx tab and also 3d settings-opengl selection. You can set this globally or on the program tab.

Then i would enter the bios and check for latest version. Various settings correct . Ram settings correct? (Xmp profiles)

What brand of rtx 2080 card?

Some brands like dell have firmwares for the card..

Hit windows key and type winver and let us know what version you have. Then look at windows update history and see if there are any failures in the list...

BTW: i stuck MoI4 on an rtx 2080ti and it ran lightning fast. All the OTHER components of that particular computer were built "around" the card though. I didn't put a new card in an old system. FYI

20 Feb 2021   [#26]
Hey Burrman,

I went into the Nvidia control panel and I didn't have the option of selecting my gpu. so I did some research about that and it seems I'm not the only one with that problem so I went into windows and chose power saving. for Moi. the only other option was high performance. I tried both with no change on either one.

I haven't gone into Bios yet, because I honestly dont know what I'm supposed to be seeing in there.

Here are some links to all my parts. I built this 9/2019.

https://www.newegg.com/gigabyte-geforce-rtx-2080-super-gv-n208swf3oc-8gd/p/N82E16814932211?Item=N82E16814932211

https://www.newegg.com/g-skill-32gb-288-pin-ddr4-sdram/p/N82E16820232748?Item=N82E16820232748

https://www.newegg.com/core-i9-x-series-intel-core-i9-9940x/p/N82E16819117964?Item=N82E16819117964

If you wanna see more parts let me know.

I'm attaching some screengrabs. One is my win version. the other two are my nvidia control panel and my options in windows for GFX card behavior.

Thanks for helping out!

-B

Image Attachments:
3.JPG  4.JPG  5.JPG 

20 Feb 2021   [#27] In reply to [#26]
Almost have a Direct3D9 renderer working.

- Michael
20 Feb 2021   [#28]
Fantastic!
20 Feb 2021   [#29] In reply to [#26]
Hey Bong, i would remove the MoI entry on the "windows management" screen you show.

On the Nvidia managment one, whats just below the "cuda gpu's" option you show. Look on the global tab.

Also, where are you getting the nvidia driver? Direct from nvidia?
20 Feb 2021   [#30] In reply to [#29]
BTW: we should just wait for Michaels directx9 solution. That may just settle the whole matter, since v3 works great on this system...

Show messages:  1-10  11-30  31-44