MoI discussion forum
MoI discussion forum

Full Version: moi3d.com web site overhaul underway

Show messages:  1-20  21-40  41-60  61-80  81-99

29 Jan 2021   [#61] In reply to [#60]
Hi Burr, yes add mobile=0 at the end of the address, like:

http://moi3d.com/forum/index.php?mobile=0

Then that should not redirect to the mobile version. I'll see about making a setting for that.

- Michael
29 Jan 2021   [#62] In reply to [#61]
Like a charm!!

Side note. Just before i switched back, the mobile version didn't have a "guest" access.... it wouldn't view or show unless i logged in...

Could be just me though...
29 Jan 2021   [#63] In reply to [#59]
Image resizing implemented for mobile version.

- Michael
29 Jan 2021   [#64]
Added iframe resizing so embedded videos will fit within available space like images do.

- Michael
29 Jan 2021   [#65] In reply to [#64]
Hi Michael :)
Iframe embedded video Youtube resize ok
Image resizing give a distorted result,don't keep original aspect ratio
screenshot from my mobile

here a weird result:first image distorted,second not

No problem Michael if it involve too much work to solve this problem,i can return to web version

M
29 Jan 2021   [#66] In reply to [#58]
Added "Lang" dropdown on top right for mobile to nav to different language forums.

- Michael
29 Jan 2021   [#67] In reply to [#65]
Hi Mauro,

re:
> Image resizing give a distorted result,don't keep original aspect ratio
> screenshot from my mobile

Thanks, it's probably because your images have a width and height given in the img tag instead of those being blank.

Shouldn't be difficult for me to fix it to make those work ok.

- Michael
29 Jan 2021   [#68] In reply to [#65]
Hi Mauro, I think the image sizing should be fixed now. It was broken in the regular forum before it's just that it would previously not resize it unless it was over1024 pixels in width .

- Michael
29 Jan 2021   [#69] In reply to [#68]
It's ok :) !
Now it's a pleasure to read the forum with mobile version

Thanks !
30 Jan 2021   [#70] In reply to [#65]
Your Monreal was in reality a Fiat! :D
30 Jan 2021   [#71]
Mobile version updated - back arrow in header to nav back to threads list.

- Michael
31 Jan 2021   [#72] In reply to [#71]
hi michael,

everything is looking great. i tried the mobile site again and only had one problem. it didn't seem to show the updated posts the way that the desktop site does.
31 Jan 2021   [#73]
Hi

The mobile update is great! One thing I miss compared to the desktop version - within a string of messages, the "show messages" groupings are only at the bottom of the messages when you've scrolled right the way down to them, not at top and bottom like the desktop version. As I am frequently reading the Forum on a mobile where I can't remain logged into the forum, seeing the latest messages of a string I've been following takes longer to get to than using the desktop option. Perhaps you could consider adding it in?

As someone who has been using MoI3D since before the V1.0 release, it still remains by far the most intuitive, and remarkably powerful, CAD package. At the time I needed something easy to use that had the option of STL output. I was hooked straight away! I applaud those who come up with scripts, Nodes etc., but to be honest I've never really needed more than the default install, That said, the addition in V4 of dimensions has removed a step normally done in another package. As its been so long since you got some money from me for the V3 Update to the V2 Update to V1.0, I bought a complete new licence, and will do an upgrade to the old licence as well. I've used MoI3D for modelling multiple different things - sci-fi armoured vehicles and aircraft, several sheds/stores/workshops that have then been built, 3D printed badges, plans for building refurbishments and many many more. Keep up the good work, and maintaining your original design goals.

Thanks

Andrew
1 Feb 2021   [#74] In reply to [#73]
Thanks Andrew, I am so happy that MoI has been useful for you!

I will see about adding the "Show messages" links at the top for mobile like the desktop version, it should not be difficult to bring it over.

- Michael
1 Feb 2021   [#75]
hi michael, it seems like something changed all the sudden. on the phone and desktop when i click an image they used to get bigger and open in a different tab. now they just automatically download.
1 Feb 2021   [#76] In reply to [#75]
Hi Anthony,

re:
> hi michael, it seems like something changed all the sudden. on the phone and desktop when i click an
> image they used to get bigger and open in a different tab. now they just automatically download.

Hmm, I don't think I've changed anything in that area recently. What web browser are you using?

Thanks,
- Michael
2 Feb 2021   [#77] In reply to [#76]
hi michael,

sorry for the slow reply. i'm using firefox on windows 10. on android, i'm using microsoft edge. with firefox, it at least prompts me if i want to download the picture. with edge, it just downloads it, which is annoying. maybe it's my memory going (which is a good possibility), but I thought when you clicked on images they got bigger in a new tab. on the phone it's more useful because the images are so small to begin with. maybe it has to do with reformatting the images to fit in the screen width? on desktop, the images use to be full size. but even now, they are big enough to see. it's kind of nice not having to scroll left and right. that's what i use to have to do with the images.
2 Feb 2021   [#78] In reply to [#77]
Hi Anthony, I've made an adjustment for opening the images is it any better now?

Thanks, - Michael
2 Feb 2021   [#79] In reply to [#78]
no still the same
2 Feb 2021   [#80] In reply to [#79]
Hi Anthony, for Firefox you might need to change a setting in the browser, under Options > General > "Open links in tabs instead of new windows".

- Michael

Show messages:  1-20  21-40  41-60  61-80  81-99