MoI discussion forum
MoI discussion forum

Full Version: moi3d.com web site overhaul underway

Show messages:  1-20  21-40  41-60  61-80  81-99

26 Jan 2021   [#41] In reply to [#40]
Michael, now the only thing that reminds us of the past is the vertical dividing line and the numbers in square brackets want to move away from it a little bit ;)
The wiki has become more cozy and fun, I like it, thank you!

Image Attachments:
background.PNG  wiki.PNG 

26 Jan 2021   [#42] In reply to [#41]
Hi WN, the dividing line can be used to resize the width of the threads list so that needs to stay, the numbers in the square brackets show the number of messages in the thread which can be helpful to know and the square brackets themselves are shortcuts to the first/last messages so those are good to keep as well.

The wiki update is thanks to Phiro!

- Michael
26 Jan 2021   [#43] In reply to [#41]
One thing that could be pretty cool for the forum would be an option to show replies nested under the post they are replying to. Probably a bit too much work involved to tackle right now though.

- Michael

Message 10115.44 was deleted

26 Jan 2021   [#45]
I hesitate to weigh in here again, as I always get the impression that drawing Michael's attention to the website steals his focus away from MoI itself!

One thing I'd like to see is the addition of comments to the Gallery entries. It would be nice to compliment the posters and ask the occasional question from time to time.
26 Jan 2021   [#46]
hi michael,

small thing. the headers of posting, login, logout, etc are the old shade of blue. is there any way to make it one of the shades of blue from the new header. probably the darker one would make sense. i attached a pic from the logout screen, as an example.

i liked an earlier post about the users 'inner Monk'. kinda the same thing here. not a big deal though. but it would probably look nicer.

anthony

26 Jan 2021   [#47] In reply to [#46]
Hi anthony,

re:
> small thing. the headers of posting, login, logout, etc are the old shade of blue.

They're not - they used to look like this:

- Michael

Image Attachments:
screenshot_2021-01-26_14-54-04.png 

26 Jan 2021   [#48] In reply to [#45]
Hi Mark,

re:
> One thing I'd like to see is the addition of comments to the Gallery entries. It would be nice to compliment
> the posters and ask the occasional question from time to time.

Unfortunately such things get abused by spammers and need constant review and moderation.

- Michael
27 Jan 2021   [#49] In reply to [#47]
thank michael. it actually looks a lot better today than it had in the past. i don't know if you tweaked it more or maybe i had a cached version. but the colors seem much more aligned now.
27 Jan 2021   [#50] In reply to [#49]
Hi Anthony, yes last night I did update that to match the header.

Working on mobile version support for the forum now.

- Michael
27 Jan 2021   [#51]
Mobile version of the forum has been improved, for accessing the forum on a phone:
http://moi3d.com/forum/lthread_list.php?webtag=MOI

I'll see about going to that version automatically when you're browsing from a phone.

- Michael
27 Jan 2021   [#52] In reply to [#51]
Testing from mobile.
28 Jan 2021   [#53]
hi michael,

the updated resources page is very hard to read for me. all the links are in bold. the blue links and the black text are in bold. it's just an affront to my eyes. i liked it much better before. it might at least help to have the black text next to the links not be in bold. but just the whole thing is very odd and hard to read for me. i can't think of any document or any website where the entire thing is in bold. Usually bold text is used sparingly for titles to paragraphs. you wouldn't right a paper or news article and put the entire thing in bold text. or have the forum be in all bold text. by making everything significant 'via bold text' it makes everything insignificant.

sorry to say something negative. but that's my honest two cents on it.
28 Jan 2021   [#54] In reply to [#53]
Hi Anthony, the wiki update was done by Phiro, not me. But I agree that bolding everywhere isn't good, I'll take that part out.

- Michael
29 Jan 2021   [#55]
Ok, now when going to the forum with a browser on a mobile device it should automatically redirect to the mobile forum version.

- Michael
29 Jan 2021   [#56] In reply to [#55]
The new mobile version is a huge improvement, thanks!! (I’m viewing with iOS 14)

--Larry
29 Jan 2021   [#57] In reply to [#55]
On a Samsung Galaxy Tab S6, (android software), ~10 inch tall big screen, both forum text,
and images, look great in either portrait or landscape orientation. Some larger screens shots need a bit of scrolling, which is fine.

On an android based cell phone, the text fits the screen perfectly.

Thank you Michael.

-Brian
29 Jan 2021   [#58]
In mobile version, I don't see how to access the french Forum.

Don't know if it was the same before.

Regards,
29 Jan 2021   [#59]
Here on Samsung A50 mobile version works fine. Is it possible to auto resize imagines to the screen, avoiding scrolling?
29 Jan 2021   [#60] In reply to [#55]
Hi Michael,
Is there any way to have my mobile device use the regular, full forum as opposed to the mobile version?

Show messages:  1-20  21-40  41-60  61-80  81-99