MoI discussion forum
MoI discussion forum

Full Version: moi3d.com web site overhaul underway

Show messages:  1-20  21-40  41-60  61-80  81-99

16 Jan 2021   [#1]
Web site overhaul is underway, some cool models from PaQ on the home page now!

Forum and wiki tuneups will be up next, and I will be adding more content to the home page.

Everything is supposed to be working though, please let me know if you run into any broken links. You may need to do a reload once in your web browse to get the new version.

Thanks,
- Michael
16 Jan 2021   [#2]
Cool models!
17 Jan 2021   [#3] In reply to [#1]
Could you make some kind of iframe / lightbox for the Images to view?
Now they open in a new page... i accidentally cloesd the Tab by closing the image.
And the darker blue header do not fit to the overall look of the light blue Moi-interface. (my opinion)
17 Jan 2021   [#4] In reply to [#3]
Hi BlackBird, thanks for the feedback! I've updated the screenshot images so they should open in a new separate tab rather than navigating the current page.

re:
> And the darker blue header do not fit to the overall look of the light blue Moi-interface. (my opinion)

That's ok - the web page and the program interface UI are separate things, I'm not trying to make them linked.

- Michael
17 Jan 2021   [#5]
Well after just updating an image setting for the order pages they seem to be broken. I've got a ticket in with BlueSnap (they're the company that hosts the order pages for me) so hopefully be fixed soon.

- Michael
17 Jan 2021   [#6] In reply to [#4]
I like the new look. The homepage works good on my end. I'll try the ordering page soon.
17 Jan 2021   [#7] In reply to [#5]
Order pages are fixed now.

- Michael
17 Jan 2021   [#8] In reply to [#7]
I like the darker header and depth the shadow creates.. It seems more pleasing to look at. Draws me into it!
17 Jan 2021   [#9] In reply to [#8]
Thanks Burr, I'm glad you like it! It's a lot less like a holdover from the 1990s now. ;)

Still have some areas to tune up.

- Michael
18 Jan 2021   [#10]
Wiki updated

- Michael
18 Jan 2021   [#11]
Dear Michael,

Could you please incorporate with the Gallery to have the ability to see animation videos of our 3D creations.

Thank you so much.
18 Jan 2021   [#12] In reply to [#10]
Does the Release notes for each V4 beta release is different than a future What's new in V4 ?
18 Jan 2021   [#13] In reply to [#11]
Hi Ray,

re:
> Could you please incorporate with the Gallery to have the ability to see
> animation videos of our 3D creations.

I'm sorry but no I'm not able to do that because videos take up much more storage space than images.

If I were to try and do that I would need to put in a lot of effort in managing server storage.

- Michael
18 Jan 2021   [#14] In reply to [#12]
Hi Pilou,

> Does the Release notes for each V4 beta release is different than a future What's new in V4 ?

Coming up pretty soon I will be making a "What's new in v4" page which will have some of the same information that's in the v4 beta release notes, but it will be edited to be condensed and probably have example images and things like that.

I'll probably have that later this week once the web site redesign is complete.

- Michael
18 Jan 2021   [#15] In reply to [#13]
For videos you could off load them to youtube or vimeo.
18 Jan 2021   [#16] In reply to [#15]
Hi Charlie, it's still unfortunately a lot of work to maintain some kind of automated link to YouTube or Vimeo built into my own web site.

If you have an animation you want to share, using YouTube or Vimeo would be a good way to do it, you can upload it there yourself and send out a link to it on the forum. There isn't a lot to be gained from me trying to integrate such a thing directly into the MoI web site.

- Michael
18 Jan 2021   [#17]
And it's so easy to put a video Youtube here ;)
Just Copy Paste the "Copy embed code" ;)

19 Jan 2021   [#18]
Header for forum done, still some other stuff to tune up for the forum.

- Michael
19 Jan 2021   [#19] In reply to [#18]
Does something will change about general total size files hosted by the forum itself when user post something ?
(size alow by user)
19 Jan 2021   [#20] In reply to [#19]
Hi Pilou,

re:
> Does something will change about general total size files hosted by the forum itself when user post something ?
> (size alow by user)

No I don't expect any changes there.

- Michael

Show messages:  1-20  21-40  41-60  61-80  81-99